PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on Front Site - What do you think?

Baloki
06-21-2008, 02:11 PM
What do you, the general EoFF viewing public think of the current EoFF Front Site? Is it good, bad or downright ugly. We want your feedback, what needs improvement (sections, design-wise or content)?

Now's your chance!

GO!

Hambone
06-21-2008, 02:14 PM
#2 plzkthxbye

Baloki
06-21-2008, 02:16 PM
#2 plzkthxbye

You could post where it needs touchups, you know to give us some ideas/direction :p?

Jiro
06-21-2008, 02:18 PM
It's good, I have no problems with it what so ever. Doesn't help much, does it? xD

Madame Adequate
06-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Complete revamp imo. But I never use it, so my opinion should not be considered of import.

Jiro
06-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah, maybe I should have mentioned that too. I never use it, so...
Still, I'm not sure whether you need a complete overhaul, surely it isn't that bad?

Momiji
06-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Complete revamp imo. But I never use it, so my opinion should not be considered of import.

I agree. It needs more old FF and less new.

I propose a pixel-art pre-Playstation FF layout!

Goldenboko
06-22-2008, 04:23 PM
When it comes down to it, it really needs something to make it interesting. Other then the occasional situation where I need help with like, FFII or something, there's no reason to even visit the site. There are announcements on FF stuff, but you can find that anywhere. Something really unique, the problem is, its tough to just think up something really unique xD

EDIT: I think if whatever it was included work from the forum, it could really unite the site. The Main Page, forum, and chat-room, are really isolated, I think the EoFF Front Site could be used in a way to bridge them.

Randgris
06-22-2008, 05:04 PM
I find the designs albeit bland. Maybe some 'make-over' would do. I don't have any ideas yet, but I'll post them in the feedback once I think of one.

Kes
06-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm actually on it right now because I wanted some information about FFIII's job system for the Eyes on Plays event. That section could use some serious updating

This section of Eyes on Final Fantasy is about a video game that was never released in America or any English-speaking nation.

Now with the DS version and all. . .

My only other issue would be that the ads lack a certain subtlety. I mean, I understand ads have to be there, but do they have to be <i>there</i>?

~*~Celes~*~
06-22-2008, 07:36 PM
I never look at it unless I need help for a game, but I took a look. It looks really good ^^

But...yeah, it IS missing something. I voted the first option until I thought about it really hard. I'll let you know if I can think of what it could be missing.

Marshall Banana
06-22-2008, 07:47 PM
It needs pixel art.

Balzac
06-22-2008, 07:49 PM
It needs to be wiped and redone, the coulor scheme is terrible, the layout is :( and the white space at the right gives me diabetes.

Miriel
06-22-2008, 08:07 PM
I've said this before, but I think the front site "design" looks like something dug out from the early 1990s. It's not like I want the site too look too Web 2.0-ish but an updated design would be nice. Not just updated as in a new design, but updated as in... bringing the design into the 21st century. I'm a big fan of really clean designs. But my design tastes a really different from the target demographic of EoFF. So I've accepted that EoFF is always going to have a certain look, and I'm ok with that.

Momiji
06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
It needs pixel art.

Yes, yes!

Baloki
06-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Hmmmm, you guys are gonna be in for a surprise, BWHAHAHAHA

I mean, urm, carry on feedbacking :D

Fonzie
06-22-2008, 10:14 PM
We have a front site?

What?

Baloki
06-22-2008, 10:17 PM
We have a front site?

What?

Finally, someone posts the correct answer.