PDA

View Full Version : smanga

Moon Rabbits
06-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm about to finish the Sailor Moon series (episode 197!~) and am wondering if there are any fan translations of the manga floating around the internets somewhere. I'm interested in fan translations because I've heard that the Mixx / Tokyopop versions are just as mangled and incorrect as the DiC / Cloverway dubs of the anime.

Any suggestions? (for SM or Codename wa Sailor V)

And for a topic! What anime do you enjoy that differs greatly from it's source material (manga or otherwise)?

Roto13
06-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Hellsing. I like both the manga and the first anime series but they're really different. The OVA is a much more faithful translation. And that's good, too. :P

Tavrobel
06-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Differs greatly? TRC's anime was decently enjoyable, but not something I would rave about, as it suffers the general "shonen fill with crap to make money" syndrome. Generally, the faithful adaptations are better, so those are the ones I care about. As for the other way around, I would know even less.

Momiji
06-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Well, the only series I've seen and read completely-- anime and manga-- is Chobits. The manga is somewhat different from the anime, but I wouldn't say they differ greatly. However, I think that you need to see the anime and read the manga to get the full effect of the series. I could give a list of differences because I love it that much, but it doesn't justify explanation. You must watch and read for yourself or else it isn't as amazing.

Vermachtnis
06-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Chrno Crusade, probably because I saw the anime first but that ending always gets me. Although the Manga ending was better I liked the anime ending more (if that makes any since). It was probably the music that does it.

Moon Rabbits
06-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Differs greatly? TRC's anime was decently enjoyable, but not something I would rave about, as it suffers the general "shonen fill with crap to make money" syndrome. Generally, the faithful adaptations are better, so those are the ones I care about. As for the other way around, I would know even less.

It depends on the anime for me. Sometimes if liberties are taken they can turn out for the better. The end of the Sailor Moon saga introduces the Sailor Starlights, who play a way bigger role in the anime than they do in the manga, but it makes the show that much more awesome. Also, the beginning of season 2 has a story arc that doesn't exist in the manga, as the second arc of the manga was still being written as they released the second season of the anime.

I've never read the Rozen Maiden manga, but I've been told it's pretty different from the anime.

Namelessfengir
06-22-2008, 12:42 AM
try mangatraders.com. i dont know if they actually have sailor moon because it hold no interest for me. but they do have good downloads for what ive gotten

im currently reading negima and samurai deeper kyo my faves are pretty much anything by ken akamatstu ie negima, love hina, a.i. love you.