PDA

View Full Version : Many things where "7"...(spoilers)

MJN SEIFER
06-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Did anyone else notice that the number "7" showed up a lot in this game?

Avalanche's hideout is in Sector 7 in Midgar
...and it is in a pub called "The Seventh Heaven".
The promise between Cloud and Tifa was made "7 years ago".
There are 7 types of Materia (if the Black and White Materias are included)
When Tifa passes out, she is asleap for 7 months, acording to Barret.
As you near the end of the game, it is said that Meteor will fall in about 7 days.
The 7 Squares in the Saucer.
If you are hurt in battle, and your HP lands on exactly 7777 that character will keep attacking and each hit will be 7777

^More to be added?

I realize this is "Final Fantasy VII, but is that the reason that the title number appeard all these times? I don't remebmer anything being "Eight years ago" in FFVIII, or your HP reaching "5555" doing anything inparticular in FFV.

champagne supernova
06-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah, Square designers probably threw that in there. Like the references to Vagrant Story in FFXII. A little bit of fun or something.

Goldenboko
06-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Game designers like to have fun.

Just like FFVI's "The world is Square."

Bahamut2000X
06-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah, Square designers probably threw that in there. Like the references to Vagrant Story in FFXII. A little bit of fun or something.

That and their set in the same world just different times.

Nice catch on the 7's thing. Pretty interesting to see that all thrown in there.

Big D
06-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Did anyone else notice that the number "7" showed up a lot in this game?

Avalanche's hideout is in Sector 7 in Midgar
...and it is in a pub called "The Seventh Heaven".
The promise between Cloud and Tifa was made "7 years ago".
There are 7 types of Materia (if the Black and White Materias are included)
When Tifa passes out, she is asleap for 7 months, acording to Barret.
As you near the end of the game, it is said that Meteor will fall in about 7 days.
The 7 Squares in the Saucer.
If you are hurt in battle, and your HP lands on exactly 7777 that character will keep attacking and each hit will be 7777

^More to be added?Neat topic:D

To add to the list... 7 main playable characters, excluding the two optional guys.

According to Wikipedia, FFVII was released on September 7, 1997 - and 'September' means 'seventh month', a reference to where it originally occurred in the calendar.

Although Tifa was unconscious for about 7 days, rather than 7 months, this is still a '7'.

Flying Mullet
06-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Neat topic:D
Agreed. :)

Most characters have seven limit breaks.

Jiro
06-25-2008, 11:47 AM
That's cool, I love hidden (not that they're actually hidden this time) references. They are always good fun to find

Serapy
06-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Before Cid's rocket went wrong, at some point, Shera says "Tank Number 7 check is complete".

Ifalna (Aerith's mother) escaped 7 years later with Aerith, since they were captured by Hojo.

Marlene lives in the 7th Heaven bar, Sector 7 and guess how many letter does Marlene have? 7.

Zack and Aeris dated 7 years ago.

Tifa hasn't talked with Cloud for 7 years.

Midgar - Midgard. According to the Norse mythology, it is the home of "man" one of the 7 races around at that time.

Aeris's best weapon has only 7 materia sockets.

In Bone Village, you can only have 7 diggers at a time.

At the Chocobo Ranch, you can only hold 7 chocobos. Also, chocobos can be found in 7 different areas of the World Map.

The monsters called Castanets, Custom Sweeper, Vargid Police, Elfadunk, Zemzelett, Levrikon and Forumla. Each monster's AP is 7.

The levels of Grunt and Vice (monsters) are 7 each.

Rocket Lanucher (monster) drops 7 gils.

Striking Staff's magic attack is 7.
Wiser Staff's magic attack is 7.
Dragoon Lance's magic attack is 7.
Force Stealer's magic attack is 7.
Platinum Fist's magic attack is 7.
Sniper CR's magic attack is 7.
Boomerang's magic attack is 7.
Wind Slash's magic attack is 7.

Tifa's final limit break, you will get 7 rolls to use.
and in Battle Arena, the limit number of the rolls is 7.

Doing Tifa's Water Kick LB (Limit Break) for 7 times will get you Meteordrive.

Doing Cloud's Blade Beam LB for 7 times will get you Climhazzard.

Doing Aeris's Healing Wing LB for 7 times will get you Seal Evil.

Doing Barret's Satellite Beam LB for 7 times will get you Ungermax.

Doing Red XIII's Blood Fang LB for 7 times will get you Stardust Ray.

Doing Cid's Boost Jump LB for 7 times will get you Dynamite.

Doing Yuffie's Landscaper's LB for 7 times will get you Bloodfest.

It's possible to beat the game with lvl 7 characters, below lvl 7 is proven to be impossible.

In Fort Condor, if you use Worker's Bomb against Commander, you will always deal 7 damage and when he attack you back, you will always receive 7 damage.

You have been captured in Junon for 7 days

In AC, Cloud woke up at 7:00 AM in Aerith's church and began fighting Sephiroth.

While fighting Reno, throwing 7 Grenades can make him surrender.
Throwing 7 grenades also can kill HO512.

In Junon, one of the doors to get to Rufus (at the dock) is numbered 7.

In Mideel, after Tifa patting the poor animal, she overheard a couple of guys talking about a "poor pokey-headed guy" who washed ashore a few days ago. She got interested and then asked them for more details. One of the guys says that he was discovered 7 days ago washed ashore near the edge of town, and that he is currently in the hospital.

In the maze, the door at 7 o' clock brings you to the Trumpet Shell.

My head hurts now, but there's probably more.

Jessweeee♪
06-25-2008, 07:04 PM
O.O

oddler
06-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Granted, I consider some of that stuff to be pretty trivial.

But still. Wow.

Big D
06-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Indeed. Although the Nibelheim incident happened 5 years before the game's events. But 7 years ago was the last time Tifa and Cloud talked:)

Serapy
06-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Indeed. Although the Nibelheim incident happened 5 years before the game's events. But 7 years ago was the last time Tifa and Cloud talked:)

Thanks for the correction, I've edited it.

Barrett has 7 letters in his name.

So in conclusion...

7 letters in Barrett + 7 letters in Marlene + 7th Heaven bar + Sector 7
equals Lucky 7 (7777) ? :whoa:

Since Marlene is related to Barrett, could this lucky 7 thing be meant for the revenge? The deaths of Biggs, Wedge and Jessie and Sector 7 getting destoryed ...

Or just a pure coincidence. :rolleyes2

Suvious
06-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Serapy... Barret not Barrett.

Super Sepiroth
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Since Marlene is related to Barrett

Not really, remember, she's Dyne's Daughter really :p

Goldenboko
06-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Few things.

Barret. Not Barrett. Marlene is adopted. No theories in a thread thats actually looking cool please.

Serapy
06-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Since Marlene is related to Barrett

Not really, remember, she's Dyne's Daughter really :p

She's not technically related but she loves Barrett and he loves her, just like a daddy-daughter relationship, which made her related to him in a way, basically. He may have became careless about her in the beginning of the game (at the bar) but deep inside he does care.

Barret. Not Barrett. Marlene is adopted. No theories in a thread thats actually looking cool please.

I was trying to contribute (because I like to?) and I usually discuss because I like talking about Final Fantasy, is that something wrong to do? Does that make me look cool? Ok, that doesn't make sense. I'm not surprised that you have acted like this again, Goldenboko. You have called me names in the past too.

In your own words, isn't it a bit hypocritical of what you have just said to me right now? Posting about Time Paradox in the FF8 thread when it's technically a theory.

Anyway, in the Japanese FF7 game, バレット・ウォーレス is properly translated as Barrett WALLACE, unlike the English version. It's kind of similar to Aerith being Aeris.

Goldenboko
06-26-2008, 08:14 PM
I wasn't actually yelling at you, would it help if I put a :spin: after it like I was going to? :spin:

Et tu?

EDIT: Anyway, if you want to continue flyin' off your rocker PM me, and perhaps we can reason this out. If you feel I'm a horrible unreasonable person, ignore me, or one up it and put me on your ignore list, all of which saves this thread from being derailed. Thank you, that is all. :)

Marky Tee
06-26-2008, 11:12 PM
cloud actualy had 7 testicles
this is mentioned in the game though its a very obscure reference which i'll let you all find for yourselfs

Jessweeee♪
06-27-2008, 12:22 AM
In the maze, the door at 7 o' clock brings you to the Trumpet Shell.

If you get Yuffie first, Cait Sith is your 7th party member :</>D!

Relapse
06-27-2008, 09:24 AM
conspiracies!

awesome list though.

Bolivar
06-28-2008, 04:28 AM
Game designers like to have fun.

Just like FFVI's "The world is Square."

Just wanted to point out that was Ted Woolsey, the original FFVI Darryl Tomb inscription was something like "Rot and Wither" which could be spelled the same way forwards and backwards.

This is a cool thread, that's some crazy fact-checking Serapy, props.

Relapse
06-28-2008, 03:44 PM
how many letter does Marlene have? 7.

Aeris's best weapon has only 7 materia sockets.

In Bone Village, you can only have 7 diggers at a time.

The monsters called Castanets, Custom Sweeper, Vargid Police, Elfadunk, Zemzelett, Levrikon and Forumla. Each monster's AP is 7.

The levels of Grunt and Vice (monsters) are 7 each.

Rocket Lanucher (monster) drops 7 gils.

Striking Staff's magic attack is 7.
Wiser Staff's magic attack is 7.
Dragoon Lance's magic attack is 7.
Force Stealer's magic attack is 7.
Platinum Fist's magic attack is 7.
Sniper CR's magic attack is 7.
Boomerang's magic attack is 7.
Wind Slash's magic attack is 7.

vincent also has 7 letters, as well as many other things in ff7.

edincoat also has 7 slots, as well as other stuff (probably).

no, its 5.

7 ap/level/gil, all are probably numbers chosen by the designers. i mean, if you have over 100 monsters, at least one of them is bound to have 7 ap/level/gil, right? same goes for the MA of the weapons.

HOWEVER, the game designers DO like to have fun and make ff7 look seven-y and all, but i see your point. just trying to correct some wrong statements.

Aerisfanatic
07-04-2008, 06:58 PM
On Aeris' death scene if you count how many times the white materia hits the floor and it falling into the water it adds up to 7.

Jessweeee♪
07-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Whoa, that's neat xD

Dr. Acula
07-05-2008, 01:44 AM
When naming a character, I think you can only have a max of seven letters. But I could be wrong.

Masamunemaster
07-05-2008, 06:02 AM
there are 7 people reading this thinking: "WTF!!!" when they read this thread while we all enjoy it:p

Big D
07-05-2008, 01:37 PM
When naming a character, I think you can only have a max of seven letters. But I could be wrong.It's 9, unfortunately, rather than 7. However, that *does* give you the option of naming everyone "Sephiroth" just to add an extra layer of confusion to the plot :p

Dr. Acula
07-06-2008, 01:40 AM
When naming a character, I think you can only have a max of seven letters. But I could be wrong.It's 9, unfortunately, rather than 7. However, that *does* give you the option of naming everyone "Sephiroth" just to add an extra layer of confusion to the plot :p

Ah, right. (Totally doing the Sephiroth thing in my next game!)

Jessweeee♪
07-06-2008, 03:18 AM
I was gonna do that...but then I decided not to.

For example!

Choose your party, etc.:

(Sephiroth, Sephiroth)
(Sephiroth, Sephiroth)
(Sephiroth, Sephiroth)

...now which Sephiroths have the right materia on?