PDA

View Full Version : Type faster you slow bugger!

Captain Maxx Power
06-23-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm extremely frustrated at myself. I'm currently trying to do a typing test for a company I want to work for. It's audio typing which means I have to listen to an audio file and try to type it out. What I've since learned is that this sucks hard. It's taken me an hour just to do five minutes of audio. The worst part of it is you have to write down EVERYTHING that's said. Every little word, even if it's stuttered repeatedly, you have to write it down. Considering I'm meant to be getting hour-long audio files if I start work, and about £12.50 per hour, that's something like £1/hr I'll be earning. I'm very frustrated at myself because I know I'm a fast typer, I just find it insanely difficult to do this audio typing thing. It's the only job that got back to me for any kind of interview, because every other job I've applied for has denied me an interview because of medical issues (i.e. my anxiety disorder).

What's been frustrating you recently?

Loony BoB
06-23-2008, 02:45 PM
It's Monday.

Jess
06-23-2008, 02:53 PM
I went to the hairdressers this afternoon to get my haircut and dyed. They told me my appointment isn't until next Monday, although they told me it was this Monday on the phone. That was frustrating. :(

also! I keep forgetting to take my holiday form to work. I must remember on Wednesday. :jess:

Roto13
06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Not being able to find the 80 gig PS3 bundle and having to settle for the 40 gig one. And the fact that I'll magically find one tomorrow and have to try to return my 40 gig if I want it.

Sergeant Hartman
06-23-2008, 03:30 PM
College.

Blue Harvest
06-23-2008, 03:32 PM
My mother. I honest to god hope she dies painfully in a fire.

Randgris
06-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Still practicing my voice. I really wanted that call center job badly. Good luck on me. I know I could do it, I just get too tensed when I'm with face-to-face conversations.

Rye
06-23-2008, 04:05 PM
I have to quit my job at Gamestop today, and I hate quitting jobs, I feel so awkward and guilty.

Peegee
06-23-2008, 04:15 PM
It's Monday.

Not only that but my friends are off in some island partying while I had to be driven back to town to be here.

I think you're being too hard on yourself. You aren't a stenographer and shouldn't think to be able to function at that level.

~*~Celes~*~
06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I have cramps D= and Alan doesn't come home from work for about 30-60 minutes yet =[ Also the fact that Alan and I thought we had the visa thing down, but now that we want to get married, we have to find out even MORE about the visas. And we can't until he visits the Citizen's Advice Bureau. And since he works, it's hard for him to find time to get there. And waiting to go back home is PAINFUL. And every minute more I have to spend here with my parents (a mom who smothers, a dad who's turning into a http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhead who slammed his son's head into the dishwasher repeatedly because he wouldn't listen to him and various other violent things and emotional abuse and such), I go even crazier.

Then again, now that mom sees how dad is towards me, she's more eager to send me back to Alan, to keep me safe, so mom's out of that equation.

Even so...Everything else makes me want to...

*runs around screaming as she pulls her hair out of her head*

rubah
06-23-2008, 04:47 PM
not being able to talk right (in french)

smittenkitten
06-23-2008, 04:49 PM
That I have no monies and I need to buy things! :(

Psychotic
06-23-2008, 04:59 PM
My computer is being a bitch and refusing to load certain programs correctly, MSN being a prime example.

Shoeberto
06-23-2008, 05:58 PM
I want to go with my friend at the end of the week when he moves to New York, but I'm not sure if it's going to work out
(he's one of my closest friends, I'm not really sure when I'll be able to see him again, so yeah)

Breine
06-23-2008, 06:08 PM
I have to quit my job at Gamestop today, and I hate quitting jobs, I feel so awkward and guilty.

Aw, that's too bad.

I'm not sure how many work hours I have at my job this summer, which is kinda frustrating. I just want to literally (not really) work my ass off, and earn as much money as humanly possible!

Muhyo
06-23-2008, 06:33 PM
ASSIGNMENTSASSIGNMENTSASSIGNMENTASSIGNMENTS

*squished*

Heath
06-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Pretty tired since all my time seems to be dedicated to work at the moment and I'm not enjoying my job for various reasons. Still, it's only until August and £7 an hour is good for my age and geographic location.

I applied for several audio typist positions but none of them ever got back to me. They were only through agencies so I imagine they had people with audio typist experience and wouldn't take me on. Bit annoying really. Especially considering I shocked one of the agencies I was interviewed at by racking up 99 words per minute copying down (and correcting as I went) and a handwritten letter that'd been edited and they reckoned that was the fastest that they'd seen someone do. Oh well.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Boys and work.

Avarice-ness
06-23-2008, 10:01 PM
My baby keeps freaking putting her elbow or something RIGHT above my belly button and like every time I rub my tummy I feel this really hard spot then I poke it and she's all "RUN AAAWAAAYY" and then like 5 minutes later she's at it again.

Zeldy
06-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Nothing, my Summer break started like a week ago, I have like 2 months before I enrol or even have to think about college, so life is good! :jess:

Polaris
06-23-2008, 11:15 PM
My German marks are the only thing that frustrates me :shifty:

Balzac
06-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Not being able to get back into using Maya. That really annoys me.

Jessweeee♪
06-24-2008, 02:12 AM
NOT. ENOUGH. TIMEEEEE GARARARARRRGHGHGHGHGHGHG >:[

Jojee
06-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah, Monday. And I'm exhausted. And various other little things. @.@

Jiro
06-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I have three exams left in exam week, two of which I'm likely to fail. Although, I just have to pass, so I shouldn't worry too much

o_O
06-24-2008, 10:16 AM
I get frustrated at my typing speed too. I can type without looking at my keyboard, but as a computer programmer I should be able to type faster than 60 words per minute. :p

KoShiatar
06-24-2008, 03:02 PM
That I undertook a surgery that isn't giving the desired results.

rubah
06-24-2008, 03:11 PM
I get frustrated at my typing speed too. I can type without looking at my keyboard, but as a computer programmer I should be able to type faster than 60 words per minute. :p

what's with you and baloki failing at typing so much? That's so weird. Didn't you have to take a class in high school or anything? we had to.

Roto13
06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
I can type 70 WPM, and that's transcribing what someone else has already written down or typed. Everyone knows it's faster if you're just typing from your head. :P