PDA

View Full Version : Let's go swimming!

Breine
06-23-2008, 06:28 PM
But where? :confused:

Where do you most like to swim? In a swimming pool or in the ocean?

:flounder:

~*~Celes~*~
06-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Never been swimming in the ocean, but I wouldn't like the saltiness of the water and the thought of jellyfishes, methinks.

Swimming pools for me ^^

Flying Mullet
06-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Both, actually. Pools are nice for working out, but open water is much nicer because you don't have to keep turning around at the end of the lane. And I can entertain myself equally well in pools and oceans. There's just so much to do!

Randgris
06-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Swimming in the ocean? Are you nuts? From what I remember people swim near the beach. Ocean swimming would be the last thing on my mind. I fear deep, open waters. Never go swimming in the ocean cause its deep, like I don't know, a few miles deep? I'd rather swim inthe safety of a pool.

Breine
06-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Swimming in the ocean? Are you nuts? From what I remember people swim near the beach. Ocean swimming would be the last thing on my mind. I fear deep, open waters. Never go swimming in the ocean cause its deep, like I don't know, a few miles deep? I'd rather swim inthe safety of a pool.

Swimming near the beach is still (technically) swimming in the ocean.

smittenkitten
06-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Definetely the swimming pool more than the sea. I have a big phobia of sharks and dark water. I would never go in the sea at night even looking it the ocean at night scares me. :( I love to swim though and I'm quite good at it. I haven't went swimming in about two years though. :eek:

Jess
06-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Both have their downfalls for me. Most swimming pools have chlorine, and if it's an outdoor pool and I get out and sunbathe, I'd come out in a bad allergic reaction. I have to have a shower after every swim on holiday to get all of the chlorine off my skin/bikini and out of my hair before I can go back in the sun.

As for the sea, I'm absolutely terrified by jellyfishies. Oh god! :jess:

I love swimming, though. I'd choose a pool over the sea. No nasty creatures in there!

Vermachtnis
06-23-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't like being wet. :(

But if I have to go, I'm going in the pool. At least there I can take a nap without worrying about waking up buried in sand.

EDIT: http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/AKA_Gluttony/Gant.gif

Randgris
06-23-2008, 06:51 PM

Swimming near the beach is still (technically) swimming in the ocean.

OK fine you win, but I'm still not swimming in the frigging ocean. God knows what may be swimming down there. I totally freak when it comes to deep, open waters. I think that would be my greatest fear, greater than needles.

I am terribly afraid of sharks, tentacle critters and serpentine creatures that lurk undereath those pristine, deep-blue waters.

Heath
06-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Never really swam properly in the ocean, so I'm going to have to go with swimming pools. Not been swimming for absolute ages. I really should go sometime.

scrumpleberry
06-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Ocean ftw, even if it's bleddy freezing. Not as crowded, no girls delicately poised at the poolside sneering at your bikini body, no lanes or people overtaking you zoomingly. You can mess around with your mates without getting in anyones way.

+ also pwetty views ftw.

Laddy
06-23-2008, 07:19 PM
I love swimming in the ocean.

But it gets my hair sandy.

rubah
06-23-2008, 07:35 PM
I haven't swum in the ocean in 7 years.

Also, "the past tense "swam" changes to "swum" when accompanied by a helping verb". I had to look that up because I felt weird typing swam above. Sorry heath, your elipsis doesn't conceal the understood helping verb your sentence contains.

scrumpleberry
06-23-2008, 07:41 PM
All you people swimming in pools are pansies :nonono:

escobert
06-23-2008, 07:42 PM
swimming pools, ponds/lakes and rivers/streams. The ocean is too far away and salty!

Oh and I hate swimming for the record :p

Rase
06-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Lack of both option = fail.

Momiji
06-23-2008, 08:15 PM
I get breathing problems if the chlorine in a pool is too strong, which is all too common. I'd rather swim in the ocean, just because it's so pretty.

Either way, I'm not a very good swimmer and I'd rather stay dry. :3

Jessweeee♪
06-23-2008, 08:46 PM
LET'S ALL GO FOR A SWIM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/jesse053/Ace%20Attorney/gant-breakb.gif

Miriel
06-23-2008, 08:50 PM
For swimming? Absolutely the pool. I don't think I ever really "swim" when I go to the beach. Mostly it's either standing around, getting crashed by waves, or attempting to surf and crashing onto the beach floor. Pools are where actually swimming occurs.

Boyfriend and I went for a late night dip the other day and it was lovely.

Jojee
06-23-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm really bad at swimming so I rarely go ^_^ But if I do, definitely the beach! Or at least a water park. xD Better yet, one of those waterpark swimming pools with waves so it's kinda like the beach but more regulated.

rubah
06-23-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm really bad at swimming so I rarely go ^_^ But if I do, definitely the beach! Or at least a water park. xD Better yet, one of those waterpark swimming pools with waves so it's kinda like the beach but more regulated.

I definitely spent about ten minutes in the wave pool at magic springs just staying on the point where the waves went the tallest (amplitude probably 5 foot)

Laddy
06-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey! I've been to Magic Springs, too! XD

rubah
06-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Kinda a long way out for you, isn't it? Why don't you just stick to the Grand Ol' Opry[land] 8)

JackNapier
06-23-2008, 11:55 PM
I can't swim unfortunately. Soo, neither.

Madame Adequate
06-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Going swimming would imply a level of comfort with my body which I do not feel :monster: Also yeah pool I don't like saltwater.

Zeldy
06-24-2008, 12:46 AM
I like swimming in the sea, but I hate all the salt in the water, and the jellyfish! I was stung by one once when I was snorkelling. I've swum in the ocean too, well kinda swum, we went on this day cruise and it stopped and said we could go for a swim, and nobody did, so I jumped in and screamed as it was immensely cold. Nobody else came in after me either xD It was sooo cold, I thought I'd get warm by treading water/swimming, but I really didn't.

I prefer the pool, but I hate the chlorine. I've always been a confident swimmer though, I was taught when I was young. I'm also a "water baby" apparently, as I was born in the water sack still, and I've never had problems with water ^_^

XxSephirothxX
06-24-2008, 12:57 AM
The ocean is only fun if there are good waves. Weak waves and salt water = no thanks. I prefer lakes, since there's no salt or chlorine. Pools are fine, but they're so confined.

Roto13
06-24-2008, 01:03 AM
Going swimming would imply a level of comfort with my body which I do not feel :monster: Also yeah pool I don't like saltwater.

I hate the hell out of my body but I love to swim and that eclipses the self consciousness. xD

I swim in the ocean sometimes but a lot of the time I can't be assed. It's teh seaweed. It's gross. If there are a lot of waves, though, I can't resist! Waves are so fun.

Iceglow
06-24-2008, 01:19 AM
I love swimming, I prefer pools though, mainly because although quite the strong swimmer the best beaches in the uk (Newquay for example) have strong rip tides which can change thus meaning unless someone helps you out of it you can drown or get swept out to sea, this almost happened to me once. One of my favourite things to do in a swimming pool however is to lay on the bottom of the pool in the deep end it freaks people out because I can stay down and perfectly still quite a while before comming up for air, I once had a life guard at a pool jump in to pull me up when I got to the surface (2m deep pool) I was all like "what the hell I'm fine leave me alone will you, it's relaxing down there away from all the noise." I'm not overkeen on swimming goggles though, 90% of the time the seals leak and they fill up anyhow.

In the ocean my favourite thing to do is probably sea kyaking since although I can surf I repeatedly have to remind myself how to balance and catch a wave right, whereas I can row pretty neatly straight off the bat :)

If we ever done a uk meetup in the summer/autumn at a holiday camp site place (me and psy talked over a 5 day one in a caravan park or something once) it'd be pretty awesome to go swimming :)

Laddy
06-24-2008, 03:03 AM
Kinda a long way out for you, isn't it? Why don't you just stick to the Grand Ol' Opry[land] 8)
It has closed down, sadly.

Rye
06-24-2008, 03:54 AM
I can hardly swim, so swimming in the ocean is dangerous for me. Pools, plz.

Actually, the best swimming experience I've had was at a bay on the island of St. Thomas. It was like a cove, it was a bit of water enclosed mostly by mountain, so the water was clear and calm and not wavy. And it was so warm. Mmmm. <3

DMKA
06-24-2008, 04:27 AM
Pool. I love the ocean to death, but I wouldn't really call what I do when I'm at the beach "swimming".

Breine
06-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Lack of both option = fail.

Just make up your mind :P

Blue Harvest
06-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Even if I could swim, I hate my body too much to show it off like that.

rubah
06-24-2008, 03:15 PM
It has closed down, sadly.

awww, so that's why I never got to go. . . My sister went on a band trip when I was really little and I always kinda wondered about the place.

Rantz
06-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Definitely the ocean. I live in a great place where the jellyfish don't sting and the water isn't as salty as most places (I never notice the salt unless I get water in the mouth). There's even a place where there's no sand, but instead large flat rock areas. Conditions are perfect.

Gogo
06-25-2008, 06:04 AM
I'd go swimming in a pool thank you. If I would swim at the sea/ocean, I'd rather be at the beach.