PDA

View Full Version : Quand j'étais petite. . .

rubah
06-23-2008, 11:20 PM
When I was little, I used to look down at my little town from the mountain and wonder if the White House was just any old white house. There was a little church by the rail road crossing that I thought fit the bill pretty well.

What did you wonder?

Bunny
06-23-2008, 11:22 PM
What's in a wonderbar.

Zeldy
06-23-2008, 11:24 PM
I used to wonder what would happen if I used my Mum's anti-ageing crème on my skin, I thought that it'd turn me back into a little baby or something.

Momiji
06-23-2008, 11:47 PM
I used to wonder if vanishing cream really made people vanish.

Yar
06-23-2008, 11:53 PM
I wondered why my parents were very loud and slammed things in the middle of the night.

Peegee
06-24-2008, 12:36 AM
I wish I was more curious, but I clearly remember seeing a nude woman in the washroom closet door, and asking my mom questions she wasn't comfortable answering ^_^

Madame Adequate
06-24-2008, 12:43 AM
I wondered why my parents hated me, and I wondered when the giant robots from my nightmares would finally arrive and kill me.

Balzac
06-24-2008, 01:29 AM
I wondered if I could if I ever wanted to, bring down an entire country. Just to see what it was like.

~*~Celes~*~
06-24-2008, 03:54 AM
I wondered if I would ever meet my "prince charming" who would be funny, nice, strong, and from England, because England is where princes come from.

He isn't my prince...he's my knight <3

Kes
06-24-2008, 04:05 AM
I wonder if I'm right in saying "Quand j'étais petite. . ." Oui?

I wondered what was in the "forest" behind my house. Clearly it was magical because I wasn't allowed back there until I was all of ten years old. And then they knocked it down, and I never found out. T.T

rubah
06-24-2008, 08:02 AM
yeah, it is étais. I lose my ability to conjugate the imparfait when I stay up too late writing stupid assignments for a horrible class.

Old Manus
06-24-2008, 09:12 AM
I used to wonder whether we truly had free will or if the universe was quintessensially deterministic. Yeah I was young and naive

EDIT: WHEN I WAS

Deborah
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
My dad told me when I was younger that he once had a job x-raying welds...I thought he had said whales, and was also thinking about how he would x-ray such a huge animal. I was disappointed when I finally figured out the truth. :reverie:

Gogo
06-25-2008, 06:36 AM
I always wondered what its like to be loved. I've never experienced that. :cry:

Cz
06-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I did this, only my Dad wasn't quite awesome enough to take it as far as Calvin's Dad does.

http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/calvin-father-on-black-and-white-pictures.gif

smittenkitten
06-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I kept on wondering what was wrong with me and why I wasn't as pretty as all the skinny blonde girls. Sorry can't think of anything I wondered that was funny. =/

Muhyo
06-25-2008, 04:13 PM
I always wondered why I wasn't allowed to talk to that man with the glass bottle in his hand. I mean, he was a local! He was more loyal to our local train station than our neighbours to their land lady.

Nowadays...

Homeless man with a glass bottle/aluminium can which contains alcohol: /// Hee~y the~re... XL
Muhyo: Hey. *ignores whatever else the intoxicated man has to say (pleads for money again), continues to walk through local oval*

END

scrumpleberry
06-25-2008, 06:17 PM

Oh please don't :(

I used to wonder a lot about things like if infinity was possible to occur in nature and if everyone saw different colours.

And if there were infinite Final Fantasy Games.

And if I'd grow up to be a tall, leggy, blonde princess who rode horses and kicked ass and swung through the jungle with tigers and things. And - pretty much until I was eleven - if I'd meet Harry, Ron and Hermione at Hogwarts and become bffs with them. And if I was going to change my name to Jennifer or...Mercedes. lol.

NeoTifa
06-25-2008, 09:06 PM
i used to wonder if god was real, and did miracles, then why was my life so ghey? thats why im not a christian anymore. sorry.

and whoever said wonderbar, it think it was actually wondarball i think. and it was 3 peices of stale pez-like candy and a crappy sticker of tarzan. dissapointing,

aquatius
06-25-2008, 10:45 PM

Oh please don't :(

I used to wonder a lot about things like if infinity was possible to occur in nature and if everyone saw different colours.

And if there were infinite Final Fantasy Games.

And if I'd grow up to be a tall, leggy, blonde princess who rode horses and kicked ass and swung through the jungle with tigers and things. And - pretty much until I was eleven - if I'd meet Harry, Ron and Hermione at Hogwarts and become bffs with them. And if I was going to change my name to Jennifer or...Mercedes. lol.
Ah, I used to think this.

NeoTifa
06-25-2008, 11:31 PM
wait, doesnt j'etais mean i will be...? wouldn't it be j'ai eu? XD spanish fried my brains of french. and i like am french >.>

rubah
06-25-2008, 11:42 PM
wait, doesnt j'etais mean i will be...? wouldn't it be j'ai eu? XD spanish fried my brains of french. and i like am french >.>

Je suis I am
J'ai été I was
J'étais I was [but now am not]
J'avais été i had been
Je vais étre I am going to be
Je serai I will be
Je serais I would be
Je soie crazy subjonctif mood

J'ai eu is I had.

those are all the conjugations I am supposed to know and I don't ;.;

NeoTifa
06-26-2008, 01:29 AM
>.> i only took french 1 and 2, and slept the whole time. good thing i dont live there. XD lol. my grandpa would be so dissapointed lol