PDA

View Full Version : Retail Heartbreak

Rye
06-24-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm experiencing retail heartbreak.

I was shopping for some clothes to wear when I go clubbing after prom in Manhattan on Wednesday. I wanted some of those hot metallic sandles that are in style lately. I went to the store to buy some Coach metallics, because they're lovely. They were originally $150, but on sale for $75. However, despite the fact that one shoe of the pair was out on display, and that the other shoe of the pair couldn't have been bought, the lazy folks couldn't find my shoe in the back. I was so sad. I wanted the Coach sandles so badly, they were so hot.

Anyone else experiencing retail heartbreak?

Jess
06-24-2008, 01:15 AM
I think you've probably seen it before from my LJ but:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1082/sundress1mf8.jpg

The pink and the green were the only colours of it I liked. They'd sold out within a DAY. I saw it the day before I got paid from work, fully in stock. The following day I went to buy it, and in both colours it was sold out in my size. I wanted to cry. but I'm hoping they'll get it back in stock soon so I can get it. <3

Momiji
06-24-2008, 01:17 AM
I wanted to buy the His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano) box set the other day, but the store I was at priced it at 130 dollars. I ended up buying the Ichigo Mashimaro box set instead for 60.

Once I got home, I looked the same box set up on eBay-- 35 dollars. I'm going to buy it when the debit card I applied for arrives!

Shlup
06-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Every time I go clothes shopping I experience all kinds of heartbreak. Clothes don't fit me well, I have to get a bigger size than I want, and the things I like are too expensive.

This is why I prefer to stay home in my jammies! Go Rancid T-shirt and strawberry pants!

Rye
06-24-2008, 01:28 AM
I don't even want to get started with my "jeans are too small because of my ass" heartbreak rant. xD

And that dress is lovely, Jess, I'd cry if I lost it like that. ;;

Shoeberto
06-24-2008, 07:10 AM
I had wanted to get Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection for a few months, and when I finally had some money to spend, I found out that it was a fairly limited run and neither Amazon nor Wal Mart had it.

Luckily no one shops at the K Mart in town and I got it, so that was pretty tight.

I dunno. I don't do much clothes shopping, or really anything where they won't have what I want in a specific make that I want. They either have it or they don't, more often than not they do.

Roto13
06-24-2008, 07:16 AM
Anyone else experiencing retail heartbreak?

Try every fucking time I want to buy a new game. The only place in my craphole town to buy games is Wal-Mart and their selection sucks all kinds of ass, so I end up wandering around to different towns and waiting for WEEKS sometimes to get a new release.

Yesterday I couldn't find one of the 80 gig PS3 bundles, but I'm so goddamn tired of always having to wait forever and run around like an idiot, I just bought a 40 gig one. If I find an 80 gig soon, I'll try and bring this one back. Screw it.

Momiji
06-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Try finding it online then?

Roto13
06-24-2008, 07:20 AM
I hate buying stuff online because you need a credit card and I refuse to get a credit card. Besides the one I have that's maxed out because I needed money to live. >_>

Momiji
06-24-2008, 07:36 AM
I hate buying stuff online because you need a credit card and I refuse to get a credit card. Besides the one I have that's maxed out because I needed money to live. >_>

Get a debit card, then. Those work too in most cases. o_O

Roto13
06-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Not in Canadia.

Namelessfengir
06-24-2008, 07:42 AM
i havent been clothes shopping for about three years now. i usually get the stuff i want online.
@roto i use my back card havent had any problems yet.

Roto13
06-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Canadia

Namelessfengir
06-24-2008, 07:58 AM
yeah well when i was typing that your canadia post wasn't up yet. and forgive me if i can't remember where everyone is from.

Breine
06-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Just the fact that they've pulled all GameCube games back from like every store in the country! So annoying..!

Momiji
06-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I know! They're so hard to find now! Why is that? D:

Miriel
06-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I looked for these boots EVERYWHERE. I am not even kidding. Freakin' EVERYWHERE. I finally found them in my size on some random corner of the internet and I paid for them and everything. I was so excited and I was expecting to have it shipped to me within a few days, but instead I got notification that the shoe was actually out of stock and was issued a refund instead. It crushed my heart. :(

Steve Madden Latchh. I think they're gorgeous.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/latchh.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/latchhboots.jpg

Kes
06-24-2008, 01:56 PM
I've been looking for a two-button blazer forever. I have a khaki one, but I lost my forest green one (the better of the two) somehow.

I only ever find one or three. Neither of those styles every look good on me. It's a good thing I haven't had to look businessy very much. I still want the option though.

Peegee
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
The last time I went clothes shopping there was this pair of shorts I really wanted. It went with a golf shirt / t-shirt combo that Ashley picked out and I had to settle for another pair of shorts that matched another set of shirt/t-shirt combo that I didn't buy. So basically now all I have is a set of tops with no matching bottoms (that are shorts).

I'm not allowed to cry because I'm a man but that really pissed me off. I wanted to punch a clown.

edit:

Also:

- Every time I see a Randy River, Aldo, and Moore's, I feel sad if I don't get to buy something from there.
- Every time I go into Moore's and I don't see a white suit, I die a little inside
- I'm still waiting to buy a size small (I fit a med/large) ribbed black t-shirt from Randy River. They should have them but I haven't found them the last few times I went. Now I don't have monies to spend recklessly T_T

rubah
06-24-2008, 03:13 PM
um, I have been searching for a little bottle of a certain scent of a french brand of shower gel and I can't find it :( I only recently found the brand itself so I'm running out of hope of being able to take a little taste of Mimosa Au Provence home with me.

Zeldy
06-24-2008, 04:04 PM
It happens sometimes, as like many I always go for size 10, so they go out of stock really quick, but they also tend to stock more of that size as it's always more common. I can sometimes squeeze into size 8s, but I just look stupid, so I tend to just forget about it.

KentaRawr!
06-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I've bought 3 different copies of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance thus far, and none of them have worked. It's like people trade them in because they're broken. >_> I think I'll just get my money back and try the internet.

Chemical
06-24-2008, 04:14 PM
I can't afford to have retail heartbreak.

escobert
06-24-2008, 04:53 PM
I have to pay bills and can't buy any of the many things I'd like. Namely a larger fish tank.

Breine
06-24-2008, 04:56 PM

Probably because the GameCube wasn't as popular as the PS2 and X-Box. It still sucks mighty arse, though! I want Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario, Smash Bros. Melee and other stuff!! :mad2:

Momiji
06-24-2008, 05:48 PM

Probably because the GameCube wasn't as popular as the PS2 and X-Box. It still sucks mighty arse, though! I want Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario, Smash Bros. Melee and other stuff!! :mad2:

If you didn't live in PAL-land, I'd talk about selling you my copy of SSBM. :p

Oh, and most XBox games are pretty hard to find now too, but they suck anyway. ;)

Tallulah
06-24-2008, 06:04 PM

Same...:D

Though one time I wanted a black satin prom dress with white netting trim from New Look for my friend's birthday party. They had all sold out of my size (UK 16), but there was a gold one with black trim, and in all honesty, I preferred it once I tried them on (I tried on an 18 in the black one; it was too loose and didn't look as good).

Ouch!
06-24-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm currently too poor to experience such emotions associated with purchasing things.

Heath
06-24-2008, 06:49 PM
It's not so much retail heartbreak as it was headache.

I had some time to waste before work one morning back in January and found Orange Box for sale for £15. I figured this would be the prefect time to test out my new PC. I was shopping at Game, so needless to say I pinched myself when I didn't see a zero after the one and the five. I called a friend of mine to ask whether this was a good deal; he reckoned it'd cost about £25 on Steam and so it was a good idea. I jumped in the queue and arrived at the desk I queued for twenty minutes. With a slightly smug smile on my face, I handed over the case. "I'm sorry, I think we're sold out of this." My smile vanished.

"Then would it not be an idea to put a notice up saying you're sold out to save people like me queuing for twenty minutes to be told that?"

Remember that episode of The Simpsons were Homer gets sacked and claims it was his first day? Oh yes, the shop assistant went there. Trying to tell me that Game - apparently - decided to have someone start work on about January the second or third. Because clearly they don't take on Christmas staff and the guy hadn't been there since about October. I'd like to say at that point I was very British and with a stiff upper lip went and wrote a letter to my local member of parliament. Instead I just went to work. But it didn't stop there, oh no. I wasn't taking that. So I wrote a LiveJournal entry about it. That'll show him.

That's not the worst experience I've had. It's certainly the least funny. A couple of weeks ago I was in Wetherspoons and ordered a glass of coke. They normally ask if you want ice in it and I don't usually get ice. I had a glass handed to me with ice and I said "Sorry, could I have one without ice?" The guy then took my drink off me, took the ice out with a scooper and handed me back the glass of coke that was now about a third empty. My friend laughed. Hard. I did not.

JKTrix
06-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Oh, and most XBox games are pretty hard to find now too, but they suck anyway. ;)

Oh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otogi_2:_Immortal_Warriors) no (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Dragoon_Orta) you (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Battalion) di'int (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Dust).

I wear size 14 shoes, and it's almost impossible to find decent size 14 shoes here. I don't really need to buy shoes very often, but when I need to I can't get any decent ones locally. I either have to order off the internet, get someone to bring me back some of they go on a trip, or go away myself.

Momiji
06-24-2008, 08:06 PM

Oh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otogi_2:_Immortal_Warriors) no (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Dragoon_Orta) you (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Battalion) di'int (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Dust).

I wear size 14 shoes, and it's almost impossible to find decent size 14 shoes here. I don't really need to buy shoes very often, but when I need to I can't get any decent ones locally. I either have to order off the internet, get someone to bring me back some of they go on a trip, or go away myself.

I said most. :p

Shlup
06-24-2008, 08:11 PM

*high five of infinite sadness*

Quindiana Jones
06-24-2008, 08:19 PM
The only shades that have ever looked good on me were all broken, and were not going back into the shop as they were a year old. :(

Breine
06-25-2008, 08:44 AM

If you didn't live in PAL-land, I'd talk about selling you my copy of SSBM. :p

Damn! Just my luck :(

Levian
06-25-2008, 11:47 AM

Hah. I sold paper mario and ssbm along with my gamecube a month ago. :p

Calliope
06-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I got an email a few days ago saying that one of my favourite bands was releasing a limited-edition EP while they're working on their sixth album, and that the band would sign all of the EPs to customers as part of this exclusive internet deal. Naturally I excitedly clicked the link, whipped out my credit card, and then crawled under my desk when I read that they were all sold out, within a couple of hours of this being sent out on the mailing list. WHATEVER, FRANCIS.