PDA

View Full Version : I'd be an idiot not to buy!

Peegee
06-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey guise.

Let's say there was a super duper deal, like say, pokemon cards for a fraction (small fraction) of the cover price. Say they will throw in more pikachu cards for you. All you have to do is commit to a billion year contract.

That's a savings of nearly 90 billion dollars.

You'd be an idiot not to buy it. Amirite?

Or would you hold out for a better deal? Or would you just not buy it regardless of how amazing the deal is?

rubah
06-24-2008, 08:35 PM
The lesson my dad has been trying to drill into my head since I've had a semi-independent source of income is:
"Even if it's on sale, it's not a bargain if you don't use it"

Quindiana Jones
06-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Birmingham?

Unless I need need need it, then I'll just think "2 for 1? It'd be even cheaper if I bought none!".

Roto13
06-24-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't need or want a billion years of magazines.

Shoeberto
06-24-2008, 08:37 PM
I see good deals all the time, things that really amaze me that they're selling for such a low price. It's seldom that I cave, though, because usually it's junk that I know wouldn't get used.

There's some good psychology that goes into marketing sales. When you can make a consumer think, "Wow! I'm going to save so much by buying this now instead of later!" and make them entirely neglect foresight that would make them realize that they would never buy it anyway, that's quite a skill to have.

Peegee
06-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Birmingham?

*punch* (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/118205-godskitchen.html)

Værn
06-24-2008, 09:39 PM
The lesson my dad has been trying to drill into my head since I've had a semi-independent source of income is:
"Even if it's on sale, it's not a bargain if you don't use it"
Somebody needs to tell my dad that. He's a pack rat.

BB_blitz
06-24-2008, 09:50 PM
ya no when has that kind of money anyway lol