PDA

View Full Version : Why thank you for the beer and condoms!

Breine
06-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Tomorrow is my last day at my teaching job, and so today all the people who are not going to work there anymore (which is like 4 peepz) got some presents from the rest of the staff (along with some neat drawings from the kids). I got two bottles of some fancy beer, some candy and then a bunch of condoms!! The reason behind it was because I'm going to the Roskilde Festival next week, and they just wanted to look after my health xD I was like "looool, thank you!" - what's also funny is that I'm the only guy working there, so I got it from a bunch of ladies xD Gotta love it.

Anyway, topic: What's the best job-related gift you've ever received?

Quindiana Jones
06-26-2008, 07:14 PM
75% off businesswear. Kerching.

The only gift I've gotten has been a six pack of Fosters for last Christmas. In fairness, I've only been there for a little while, and Christmas has been the only important thing that's happened so far.

Fosters is lame. It was a crap present, but it's the thought that counts.

rubah
06-26-2008, 07:59 PM
I haven't!

Balzac
06-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Sex.

Lol.

Miriel
06-26-2008, 08:06 PM
$80 tip. :D

Rye
06-26-2008, 08:12 PM

Dayum!

The mother of the girl I tutor gave me a $25 Visa Debit Gift Card and a little Class of 08 bracelet for my birthday/graduation this Sunday!

Old Manus
06-26-2008, 08:27 PM
5 hot co-workers

Jessweeee♪
06-26-2008, 08:50 PM

OMG like my great uncle twice removed or something accidentally left a $300 dollar tip once S:

He let the waiter keep $200 D:

Tasura
06-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Free food, and free food is always good for a university student.

Heath
06-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I once got given some chocolates for good work and then managed to forget to take them home with me and I wasn't due to work for another three days and they were gone when I came back. Heartbreaking. My boss gave me £40 the other week as an extra thank you for working hard and so I could enjoy the bank holiday. That's the nicest I've had!

Jess
06-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Nowhere near $80 tips, but I usually get tips everytime I work. The most I've got in one night so far is heading on £20 - which was a nice bonus ontop of my wages. :jess:

Faris
06-26-2008, 10:55 PM
I won an iPod nano at the Christmas party.

Tallulah
06-26-2008, 10:59 PM
5 hot co-workers

Damn, I only have 4. :(

Namelessfengir
06-26-2008, 11:41 PM
i got pink slip

Shlup
06-27-2008, 12:08 AM
On my last day student teaching kindergarden, the class gave me a bound book. On each page was a students name, their picture, their handprint, and the sentence "When I was in kindergarten, Mrs. Mat* taught me ___________________." A lot of them said I taught them to hula hoop. xD

*My students have been known to Google my name, so I'm censoring everything ever. >:o

Laddy
06-27-2008, 12:51 AM
A huge discount on everything and free coffee!

Big D
06-27-2008, 01:49 AM
At an engineering summer job, I got a kilogram pack of biscuits because I couldn't make it to the company Christmas barbecue. That was pretty neat.

Most of my employers have been pretty generous with holiday pay, too - there's nothing like leaving work and getting a cheque for several hundred dollars.
On my last day student teaching kindergarden, the class gave me a bound book. On each page was a students name, their picture, their handprint, and the sentence "When I was in kindergarten, Mrs. Mat* taught me ___________________." A lot of them said I taught them to hula hoop. xD

*My students have been known to Google my name, so I'm censoring everything ever. >:oYou sure they don't Google "Mrs Mat" as well as your real name?

:edit: I just googled your full name, and the fifth result was the wedding thread in the Archive:p You might wanna crank up that censorship...

Balzac
06-27-2008, 02:34 AM

*My students have been known to Google my name, so I'm censoring everything ever. >:o

My ex as this problem. They somehow found her myspace and facebook. Then found me and had her ask me to design all their bands posters and such for stuff going on at her school. She's a high school music teacher.