PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-27-2008, 12:01 AM
So I was playing Tetris DS and I noticed someone using a cheat to get all straight blocks.

CHEATING. IN TETRIS. WHY!?

Anyway, I've encountered this kind of thing before, (mineral hacking in Starcraft being another prime example), and it never fails to infuriate and annoy me, especially since there's nothing I can do about it.

Have you guys encountered cheaters playing online? What do you do? Personally, I tend to swear fairly profusely. And if possible sever my connection to get a disconnect.

Laddy
06-27-2008, 12:04 AM
I play with someone else, I hate cheaters! This includes running all-tank parties with sprint. ^_^

Tavrobel
06-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Disconnects in SC melee is worse for your record than losses, imo. I run into cheaters all the time; some games worse than others. As for what I do, I've learned to accept it, mostly because there's nothing stopping people from cheating in the games I play, not even the company itself that manages the game. It's been a long time since anyone cared. I then proceed to either thank them for having the hack, or beat them into the ground senseless (in the game of course).

Yar
06-27-2008, 01:34 AM
All sticks? That's not even fun...

It depends on what game that someone is cheating, and in what manner. I don't mind people cheating on GTA just for the sake of going on a hooker murder spree, but when they cheat in Final Fantasy, complete the game and gloat, I get irked and defensive. "No, you did not beat the game. You just wasted your time. Try again. :mad:"

Roto13
06-27-2008, 03:13 AM
When I worked for Xbox, I once got a call from someone who said that he had video proof that someone was cheating at Halo on Xbox Live (actually, I got a bunch, but one of them stands out for some reason) and he wanted to know what I was going to do about it. I told him there was nothing I could do about it. It's against Microsoft's policy to actually do anything about it.

The guy was being way too dramatic, though. I thought he was going to cry or something. He was taking it way too seriously.

Fun fact: Xbox customer support has this ridiculous script they're supposed to read when someone calls in about cheaters on Live. It's so bad it's funny. It's all like "Oh, it's really too bad that there are cowards on Xbox Live [they actually use the word 'cowards'] who have to cheat to make up for their own lack of skill. When you run into a cheater, give negative feedback. It can be frustrating, but keep in mind that some day, they'll lose!" and crap like that. Yeah, like the thought of another player losing on Live is going to make everything better. xD I refused to read that script.

Momiji
06-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Cheaters piss me off to no end, but what are you going to do about it? Nothing. There's nothing one can do unless the cheater is nearby.

Cheating is one of the reasons I quit playing Halo 3. When you get two point-blank shotgun shots and three beat downs on a person (I am NOT making this up) and they take you out with one melee attack, something is messed up.

Germ Hamee
06-27-2008, 03:39 AM
So I was playing Tetris DS and I noticed someone using a cheat to get all straight blocks.

CHEATING. IN TETRIS. WHY!?

What the hell. Why would anyone do that? I didn't even know you could cheat on DS wifi. Then again I've never bothered to look.

Playing against a cheater is annoying in any game, but this Tetris thing boggles my mind. I'm picturing some warty kid laying in his bed cackling as he drops a million blue blocks, and now I'm just worried. o.O

Laddy
06-27-2008, 04:22 AM
You can't cheat this Tetris, it cheats you. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8muC_uWUk)

DK
06-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Cheating is one of the reasons I quit playing Halo 3. When you get two point-blank shotgun shots and three beat downs on a person (I am NOT making this up) and they take you out with one melee attack, something is messed up.

The hosts connection, most likely. That shiet happens all the time when there is lag in halo. I've stood there repeatedly punching someone in the back of the head and unloading all manner of weaponry into them while they stand there and do nothing and then dropped dead out of nowhere. It happens.

Momiji
06-27-2008, 04:30 AM

The hosts connection, most likely. That shiet happens all the time when there is lag in halo. I've stood there repeatedly punching someone in the back of the head and unloading all manner of weaponry into them while they stand there and do nothing and then dropped dead out of nowhere. It happens.

No, there was no lag, because no one else around us was seeming to have any trouble. It was fluid and lagless.

Oh, and the fact the guy had about 25 more kills than everyone else was sort of a hint too.

Jessweeee♪
06-27-2008, 04:33 AM
I don't play online so it's not an issue for me, but I'd be pretty mad.

(On the other hand, cheating offline is really fun and something I encourage :</>D)

Momiji
06-27-2008, 08:05 AM

(On the other hand, cheating offline is really fun and something I encourage :</>D)

Why? It sucks the fun right out of the game! ;-;

Shoeberto
06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Not many hackers got on Counter-strike when I played, but when they did it was so freaking annoying. Speedhacks + aimbots just killed the fun. It was hilarious when an actual skilled player could take them out, though.

Dragonfire
06-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Not many hackers got on Counter-strike when I played, but when they did it was so freaking annoying. Speedhacks + aimbots just killed the fun. It was hilarious when an actual skilled player could take them out, though.

last time i played CS was about 6 months ago and it was exactly the same as back in the day, just better graphics in CS:source, every one uses aimbots and crap like that... im one of those ppl that ull see taking them down w/o hacks. of course i still get killed by them more than i should... but hey my scout doesnt have homing bullets like them.

DK
06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
No, there was no lag, because no one else around us was seeming to have any trouble. It was fluid and lagless.

Oh, and the fact the guy had about 25 more kills than everyone else was sort of a hint too.

You could have been lagging or, more likely, he could have. It doesn't have to be ridiculous lag for it to make that kind of thing happen.

And me and Paul do that on a fairly regular basis and neither of us cheat so that doesn't really mean anything :monster:

Flying Mullet
06-27-2008, 02:41 PM
You can't cheat this Tetris, it cheats you. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8muC_uWUk)
Good video. :)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
When I worked for Xbox, I once got a call from someone who said that he had video proof that someone was cheating at Halo on Xbox Live (actually, I got a bunch, but one of them stands out for some reason) and he wanted to know what I was going to do about it. I told him there was nothing I could do about it. It's against Microsoft's policy to actually do anything about it.

really? i thought they gave that memeber a permanet ban or something O_o, i guess it must only be for pc

lmao

Polaris
06-27-2008, 08:58 PM
The only game I used codes was TRIII because it was so damn hard! >.< and the walthroughs didn't work XD

but cheat on Tetris.... it's a bit extreme!

Madame Adequate
06-27-2008, 09:32 PM

That depends on a whole heck of a lot of factors. I can tell you right now though, being massively overpowered, or cheating outright, can be epic fun in some games.

Rase
06-28-2008, 02:46 AM
When playing against people, cheating = bad.
When playing solo, cheat = whatever.

One fun multiplayer cheating game I had was in AoE III:WC though. It was me and three others against one friend allowed to use whatever cheats he wanted. It was quite fun actually, basically became a game of hiding from him and his army of 30 monster trucks while trash talking each other. Good times.

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2008, 08:10 PM

That depends on a whole heck of a lot of factors. I can tell you right now though, being massively overpowered, or cheating outright, can be epic fun in some games.

Here's something from my last LJ entry:

Cheating can be pretty fun! I never play GTA III without cheats. Missions are boring! I WANNA SHOOT PEOPLE AND DRIVE AROUND IN A TANK AS AN OLD LADY! Oh. Flying cars, too. Don't try telling me you've played The Sims without cheating and had a load of fun! Yeah, it's not bad, but once your sims get too poor to eat, and then can't get a job because they refuse to go job hunting hungry, they're doomed.

Weird stuff can happen too. I didn't feel like getting the Magus Sisters in FFX, but I still wanted to see what they looked like when I summoned them. So I cheated and gave Yuna the command to summon. Tidus and Lulu ran off, and Yuna just ran in circles. Run run run. I watched and laughed for a little while *reset*

My favorite incident is Tomb Raider II. Once I put in all/infinite ammo cheats in and attempted to shoot the annoying old guy that follows Lara around in her house (he didn't die, so I locked him in the giant freezer again). There's no way you can have guns in her house without cheating. I try another weapon. She pulled out her guns, and then when I pressed X, A WHITE PYRAMID PIERCED HER STOMACH! Then her arms just flailed around in a funny way. It was cool. So I reset and tried another weapon. Uzis, I think. This time when I shot, HER HAND AND HER HEAD WAS REPLACED WITH HER ASS!

It was funny. She had bullets flying out two of her asses xD

JaytodaP
06-28-2008, 10:03 PM
About a year or so ago my friend and I were in team slayer in Halo 2. We were facing a team of people who thought they were Walshy, and they sucked.

They used a cheating technique called bridging. I don't know exactly, but I'm pretty sure they download a program onto their computer which can probably show everyone in the game. From there they can flood someone's connection with packets which kicks them out of the game into the post game lobby, not the party lobby.

They kicked the other 2 people on the team out so it was just my friend and I vs. 4 others. No fair, but since they sucked at even bridging, we still beat them.

Whenever we came close to them, we could hear them saying "No! Press that button. Jake has more kills kick him out." stuff like that. Although in my Halo 2 experience, that wasn't even the worst of it. In the post game lobby all they said was that we were faggots and then left. Typical Halo 2 assholes. Why cheat to make yourself look good at a game? If you decide to play for real, you're just gonna lose. Look at the patriots :D. just kidding, but i still hate them.

Ultima Shadow
07-02-2008, 11:40 PM
CHEATING. IN TETRIS.

Oh god, NOOO!!! Now I've lost all faith in humanity! This time for certain!

Anyways...

I've been lucky myself, and can't recall encountering any hacker in any game that I've played online. I know a guy who has encountered hackers in Metroid Prime Hunters quite a few times, though, and he was really upset about it.

People who hack/cheat in online games are wimps who can't win by honest methods.:greenie: