PDA

View Full Version : Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?

Yar
06-27-2008, 02:03 AM
God, I hate FOX.

I just sat through an episode of this. I'll never make that mistake again.

I can't stand that Foxworthy guy. He makes a bunch of redneck jokes, tells the contestant they're an idiot a la dumber than a fifth grader and then the game begins.

These contestants were idiots, yes. But so is that Foxunworthy guy. In fact, with a question about a hexagon, the word "vertices" was mentioned. Then the hostly guy asked the kid "what's a vertice? :mog:"

VERTEX!

My head's about to explode, but I want to know your opinions on this show. Do you like it?

Laddy
06-27-2008, 02:14 AM
I actually think it's a little fun.

Foxworthy is the least annoying of the Blue Collar comdeians, he's actually somewhat hilarious. And this is coming from a guy in which people still have 'Git R Done' stickers on their tractors where he lives.

Kirobaito
06-27-2008, 03:11 AM
I hate the show because the answer to the show's premise is "yes," I am smarter than a fifth grader. Are the contestants? No, but that's because the show won't let people that actually know the answers to be on the show.

Momiji
06-27-2008, 03:40 AM
Trivia shows in general are pretty embarrassing to watch, because there is always at least one person who makes me lose a little more faith in humanity per show. Take the classic 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' scene where the idiot lady is asked 'Which is the largest', has to use a 50/50, narrows it down to B) An Elephant or C) The Moon and still selects B. I died a little inside when I saw that.

Jeff Foxworthy is as funny as Larry the Cable Guy.

Which is to say I find watching the Weather Channel or Naruto more amusing than Blue Collar Redneck Comedy.

Roto13
06-27-2008, 04:06 AM
There was a Canadian version of that show called "Are You Smarter Than a Canadian 5th Grader?" but Canada doesn't have "5th graders." We have "grade 5's" :P

Vermachtnis
06-27-2008, 04:10 AM
I find it fun to watch. I haven't actually watched since Last Comic Standing came, but that's besides the point. I don't know about you guys but I don't remember learning some of the stuff they covered until past the fifth grade. And I hate when they ask questions I don't know. Like this one question about what R.E.M. stand for. I never learned that.

OOC: Bill Engvale is my favorite Blue Color comedian.

Momiji
06-27-2008, 04:22 AM
OOC: Bill Engvale is my favorite Blue Color comedian.

He was okay for a little while. Then you notice he has NO potential for new ideas. xD

The only one I'd even remotely bother to watch is Ron White, because his drunken cynicism is somewhat amusing, but he's nothing compared to other comedians.

Laddy
06-27-2008, 04:28 AM
Blue Collar is too blatant and simple to be really appealing.

I prefer Stephan Wright.

'Canadian Fifth Grader?' XP Do Canadians have to be part of some sort of lower-class game show soceity?

The Unknown Guru
06-27-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm almost positive that the show hires actors to be contestants.

OOC: Ron White is far and away the best Blue Collar Comedian.

Breine
06-27-2008, 10:04 PM
There's also a Danish version called "Are you smarter than a 10-year old?".

It's crap to say the least.

Lawr
06-27-2008, 10:46 PM
That whole elephant and the moon thing was fake (http://www.hoax-slayer.com/elephant-moon-quiz-question.shtml). It's just as annoying to hear people talk about this story as how people say the laughing scene in FFX was bad acting.

Momiji
06-27-2008, 11:18 PM
That whole elephant and the moon thing was fake (http://www.hoax-slayer.com/elephant-moon-quiz-question.shtml). It's just as annoying to hear people talk about this story as how people say the laughing scene in FFX was bad acting.

It was just an example I used, since everyone and their mom has seen that before. :p

I've seen dumber people on that show though, I just wish I could remember the question and the answers.

Shlup
06-27-2008, 11:28 PM
I just like to watch it with my husband to see if we know the answers.

Namelessfengir
06-28-2008, 01:28 AM
ive seen it a few times and i like foxworthey (hes a redneck comedian of course he'll tell redneck jokes.) i like ron white a bit more though. i see if im smart by watching jeopardy... has a bit more standing