PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield: Bad Company & Battlefield: Heroes

Loony BoB
06-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Anyone intending on getting either of these? I'm definitely getting Heroes, since it's free. Not so sure on Bad Company... I'll probably hold off on that one until they hopefully implement splitscreen ('tis rumoured!) so Danielle and I can both play. We have two PCs, though, so no problems with Heroes. :D

Flying Mullet
06-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Is this going to be another Wolfenstein:ET that lasts for a month or two?

JKTrix
06-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Heroes, free, so yes.

I played the Bad Company demo and it was decent fun. They really went to town on the destructible environments stuff, and all their commercials poking fun at other games (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35147.html) are pretty amusing. Unfortunately I doubt I'll be buying it anytime soon.

Shoeberto
06-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Bad Company looked pretty funny when my friend showed me gameplay clips. I doubt I'd buy it but I think he really likes it.

theundeadhero
06-27-2008, 06:41 PM
I'll be getting Bad Company today.

Slothy
06-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Heroes maybe since it's free. That fact alone at least warrants trying it. Played the demo of Bad Company though and deleted it after one game. It wasn't half as much fun or as polished/balanced as COD4's online if you ask me. I just couldn't get into it at all.

Vermachtnis
06-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Bad Company looks funny, but I've never been a big fan of those games. I loved that one trailer making fun of Gears of War and start sing Shortin' Bread.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-27-2008, 10:09 PM
free? where can i get this xD

Gilghamut
06-28-2008, 01:15 AM
I don't know if I'll get Bad Company, though it does look funny. I have heard a certain character from the Metal Gear Solid series shows up in BC, hiding in a barrel. XD

Shoeberto
06-28-2008, 01:25 AM
free? where can i get this xD
It's not out yet, but it will be freely available when it it released... don't know many details about release dates or anything though.

Bolivar
06-28-2008, 03:25 AM
downloaded BC demo, still have to play it.

Loony BoB
06-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Played the demo of Bad Company though and deleted it after one game. It wasn't half as much fun or as polished/balanced as COD4's online if you ask me. I just couldn't get into it at all.
I become bored of FPS games pretty quickly if I can't change class. When classes are involved, I find there is more strategy, more options for fun play, etc. Also, I've learned over the years never to judge how polished or balanced a game is based on the demo.

Slothy
06-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Played the demo of Bad Company though and deleted it after one game. It wasn't half as much fun or as polished/balanced as COD4's online if you ask me. I just couldn't get into it at all.
I become bored of FPS games pretty quickly if I can't change class. When classes are involved, I find there is more strategy, more options for fun play, etc. Also, I've learned over the years never to judge how polished or balanced a game is based on the demo.

When I'm talking about polish and balance here, I'm mainly referring to the way Battlefield plays in general. This one felt like every other Battlefield more or less, and though I loved Battlefield 2 back in the day, it's hard for me to get into BC because it had all the same problems the series has had for years. Doing well requires playing well as a team (which most people don't), the maps are so huge relative to the number of players that sometimes you find yourself off on your own with absolutely nothing happening, and it takes a few minutes to get back to the action, and it still felt like the reliance on vehicles was a little too high for my taste. I was fine with these things back when the sheer scale of Battlefield 2 and the newness of it (at least to me) made up for it, but they haven't really done anything to improve the gameplay since then from what I could tell.

Dreddz
06-28-2008, 08:03 PM
I really disliked the Bad Company demo, so I wont be buying the game. The controls are incredibly sensitive so I couldnt aim properly at anything. Maybe im just too slow to keep up with everyone these days.