PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth's father

James Leopold
06-28-2008, 12:24 AM
So, I can't remember if they ever made this truly clear. I know Hojo is the main man, but I heard of the possibility of Vincent being the father (due to his romance with Lucrecia), so anyway any thoughts?

Sephiroth's father....Hojo or Vincent?

Avarice-ness
06-28-2008, 12:35 AM
I guess we'll find out on the next episode of Maury.

I was pretty sure it was Hojo though.

Serapy
06-28-2008, 12:39 AM
If Hojo wasn't a scientist, that would thicken the possibility of Vincent being the father. He could have tested the Jenova cells and all of a sudden, he just found out that Sephiroth's DNA have matched his.

However, Hojo was crazy at almost most of the time so there's a possibility that Hojo tried to be more arrogant by claiming that he is Sephiroth's father. Hojo trying to deceive us into thinking that he's the god.

Rostum
06-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Hojo is Sephiroth's father, end of discussion.

Bolivar
06-28-2008, 04:22 AM
^ Yes.

As far as Vincent being the father, it has been speculated that the game implies that Vincent thought he was, as his reaction (if in the party) at the top of the Mako Cannon was a bit of surprise that Hojo was the daddy.

Damn this was a great game.

PeneloRatsbane
06-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm pretty sure hes Hojo's.
If it were Vincent's then Lucrecia is unforgivable.
I think if Vincent had any thought that it might be his he would have stopped her.

champagne supernova
06-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah, it was Hojo. The scene when you fight him, as well as the Lucrecia flashback scene definitely lead to that conclusion.

Big D
06-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Vincent might not have actually been romantically involved with Lucretia. They were close, and mutually attracted, and although Vincent loved her, that fell apart (for reasons detailed in Dirge of Cerberus) and she rebounded into Hojo's arms and an obsession with her work. Vincent's a smart guy, and likely would've known if there was a good chance of him being Sephiroth's father. He was sealed in a tank during her pregnancy, and saw the worst of things for himself. It's true that Sephiroth's originally cool demeanour and his good looks give him more in common with Vincent than with Hojo; however, Sephiroth's nature seems to be predominantly due to characteristics inherited from his "mother", Jenova, rather than his human mother and father. The flowing silver hair and inhuman eyes are a giveaway.

PeneloRatsbane
06-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Sephiroth does look like lucrecia, I notice whilst playing crisis core. And he goes quite crazy quite quickly which suggest hes got some of Hojo's trates. he becomes ruthless the way Hojo is.
But its the Jenova that is dominant.

It would have been great if Grimoire didn't die and it turned out to be his baby and then Sephiroth would be Vincents brother and Lucrecia would have been his step-mom and he'd be all confused and Hojo would be mad. now that would get them on the jerry springer/jeremy kyle(for the uk) show!

Heath
06-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm sure Lucrecia and Vincent were attracted to one but that was it and so I never really expected that they took their relationship to a sexual level. In that context and with the absence of any other credible lover for Lucrecia, Hojo seems the most logical. Certainly both Hojo and Lucrecia seem to be under the impression that he's Sephiroth's father and I've never really doubted it.

PeneloRatsbane
06-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Yeah i think Vincent was after some Lucrecia loving but i never thought he got any.

sir helix
06-29-2008, 03:53 PM
i found vincent only after i tried fighting sepfiroth in the northern crater......so i never got to see his reaction..

hojo is the father. after she got pregnate he alter the dna of the child she was carrying...i think thats how it went any way

Big D
06-30-2008, 12:49 AM
i found vincent only after i tried fighting sepfiroth in the northern crater......so i never got to see his reaction..

hojo is the father. after she got pregnate he alter the dna of the child she was carrying...i think thats how it went any wayHe didn't exactly alter the baby's DNA... but he injected a boatload of Jenova's cells into the developing foetus. Those cells basically took over the baby's biology, creating something that was a perfect mix of human qualities, and Jenova's physical and magical strength.

sir helix
07-03-2008, 07:23 PM
oh

MJN SEIFER
07-03-2008, 08:37 PM

It still is. :cool:

sir helix
07-03-2008, 08:42 PM
off topic: cant believe the price thow

on topic: its always hard for me to follow vincent and pepheroth's stpries

Bolivar
07-03-2008, 11:15 PM

It still is. :cool:

Indeed.

off topic: cant believe the price thow

I know, right. Especially cause I'm missing my disc 2. I kind of wish they'd bring it to the PSN.