PDA

View Full Version : WALL•E

DMKA
06-28-2008, 03:43 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/WALL-Eposter.jpg

If you have not yet seen this incredible masterpiece, go see it. Now.

To those who have seen it, did you love it as much as I did? I laughed, I cried, I wanted to purchase Apple products. :)

Rengori
06-28-2008, 04:08 AM
It was indeed an incredible movie. So much so it made me forget all the horrible circumstances I was under when I was watching it.

Laddy
06-28-2008, 04:19 AM
I wanna see it, it looks incredible.

Ramza Beoulve
06-28-2008, 04:27 AM
It gets here until July 4th :(

Ichimonji
06-28-2008, 04:36 AM
I just went and saw it today and it was amazing.

Avarice-ness
06-28-2008, 04:50 AM
I really freaking want to see it.

Like, ASAP. Sadly there's no theater that I can get to via bus. :(

[Edit] xDDD I'm seeing it on Sunday now, I told my sister I would pay for everyone's ticket and what not if she would take me, and she was like "WELL ON THAT NOTE, LET'S ALL GO SEE IT ON SUNDAY!" NOW I CAN'T SEE IT ON SUNDAY BECAUSE MY BRO-IN-LAW WORKS AND NOW EVERYONE IS EMO BECAUSE WE WANTED TO SEE IT. ; ;

Vermachtnis
06-28-2008, 05:30 AM
I'm going to abduct and force all my friends to watch it. Luckily most of do wanna watch it so they can't press charges.

Dynast-Kid
06-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Is it really that good? I thought it looked dumb. xD

DMKA
06-28-2008, 07:43 AM

It's freaking awesome.

Deborah
06-28-2008, 10:41 AM
I LOVED IT! It made me laugh and cry as well! SO good,so cute, so perfect! Everyone should see it, EVERYONE! And we need Walle pixel art smiles! :D

Breine
06-28-2008, 10:48 AM
I really want to see it, but it won't come out here for a month or something! Argh!

Madame Adequate
06-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I really want to see it, but it won't come out here for a month or something! Argh!

This. :(

charliepanayi
06-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Pixar are generally brilliant, so I can't wait to see this. July 18th can't come soon enough!

Polaris
06-28-2008, 03:02 PM
In portugal it will just arrive on August, but I will watch it for sure :D I've seen the trailer and its looks so sweet :D

BG-57
06-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Great movie. Picture Short Circuit crossed with Modern Times crossed with 2001.

Although Wall E and Eve are cute and loveable my favorite character was the fussy little cleaning robot.

I saw it last night as a double bill at a drive-in.

Dynast-Kid
06-29-2008, 06:44 AM

It's freaking awesome.

Really!? xD

I haven't been really impressed by anything Disney's made since Finding Nemo, but..I may just look into this movie. Especially since you guys laughed and cried and stuff. xD

Rengori
06-29-2008, 06:49 AM

It's freaking awesome.

Really!? xD

I haven't been really impressed by anything Disney's made since Finding Nemo, but..I may just look into this movie. Especially since you guys laughed and cried and stuff. xD

There's your problem, you give credit to Disney for Pixar's work.

And go see Ratatouille, cause if you haven't been impressed since Finding Nemo do you obviously didn't watch that.

Dynast-Kid
06-29-2008, 06:56 AM

It's freaking awesome.

Really!? xD

There's your problem, you give credit to Disney for Pixar's work.

And go see Ratatouille, cause if you haven't been impressed since Finding Nemo do you obviously didn't watch that.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about Pixar. /fail

And I actually have the Ratatouille DVD, but whenever I get down to watch it, I fall asleep right at the part in the beginning where his colony goes down the sewers! xD

I'll admit that Incredibles and Cars were decent, but Finding Nemo was alot better IMO.

Rengori
06-29-2008, 07:00 AM
And I actually have the Ratatouille DVD, but whenever I get down to watch it, I fall asleep right at the part in the beginning where his colony goes down the sewers! xD

You're missing out on an amazing movie.

Raven Nox
06-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Ratatouille and WALL•E (copy, paste dot) are much better than the Incredibles and Cars. The sad part about this is Cars is getting a sequel, while the better Pixar movies are not. *sigh*

Ratatouille is still my favorite Pixar movie, but I really liked this movie as well. I went thinking it would be good, but it was a lot better than I thought it would be. Go see it if you haven't!

And I like how the day after the movie comes out, my mom found Hello, Dolly! playing on TV, and I can hear it playing. I think she's waiting for the dancing part Wall-E liked so much to come on. xD

Marshall Banana
06-29-2008, 07:54 AM
I especially love the pixel art that shows up in the credits of WALL•E! =O

Rengori
06-29-2008, 07:56 AM
I especially love the pixel art that shows up in the credits of WALL•E! =O

I think I was the only one bugged by the apparently different sizes of the pixels.

Dreddz
06-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I hear its pretty different from Pixar's other films, and has hardly no talking. I also hear its one of the best movies Pixar have ever done. Im definately seeing this.

XxSephirothxX
06-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Fantastic movie. Also, perhaps the most blatant criticism of American culture (ie fatness, consumerism) in a family film.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-30-2008, 08:31 PM
it looks like a gimmick to me, the trailer didnt amaze me or anything

Ichimonji
06-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh yeah, they went a completely different direction for this movie. They were pretty bold to feature a mature take of what the future of America will be like, and have extremely little voice acting. That's what made it awesome though. Wall-E was fantastic.

Rengori
06-30-2008, 08:59 PM
it looks like a gimmick to me, the trailer didnt amaze me or anything

If that was a gimmick it was pretty damn amazing gimmick.

Boney King
06-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Best Pixar movie ever.

The Unknown Guru
07-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I thought the previews looked pretty dumb, but I heard several reviews, all of them saying it was incredible. Makes me want to see it.

Jiro
07-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Sounds good, don't know how long til its out in Australia though...

charliepanayi
07-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Sounds good, don't know how long til its out in Australia though...

It's out in Australia in mid-September apparently according to IMDB :)

ljkkjlcm9
07-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Went with my girl and a few guys last night, was awesome. It was adorable and just very enjoyable, despite having very little talking the whole time.

One of the best movies of the year, it will win many awards.

THE JACKEL

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-01-2008, 08:05 PM
i dont see whats so great about this movie O_O

Miriel
07-01-2008, 08:08 PM
i dont see whats so great about this movie O_O

Have you seen it?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-01-2008, 08:09 PM
nope, but judging by the trailer it looks like its just a robot doing dumb stuff for an hour and a half :p

charliepanayi
07-01-2008, 08:18 PM
nope, but judging by the trailer it looks like its just a robot doing dumb stuff for an hour and a half :p

Yeah but if you just go by trailers then The Phanton Menace looks like one of the greatest films ever :D - it's Pixar, that's reason enough for me to want to see this, there's not many that are as consistently good as they are.

Shlup
07-01-2008, 11:07 PM
No one's used the word "overrated" in this thread yet. I'm impressed.

I, for one, am totally gay for this movie and will see it more times. I love the fatties. xD

Daryl
07-02-2008, 01:05 AM
I saw this movie over the weekend. I was expecting to be bored by it, and actually quite enjoyed it.

I Took the Red Pill
07-02-2008, 04:01 AM
It was adorable. :heart:

Del Murder
07-02-2008, 06:06 AM
Wow I really want to see this. It sounds like a one in a million film.

Shlup
07-03-2008, 04:23 AM
It's very unique, cute, creative, and blunt in it's social criticisms. I'm going to take my brother and sister to see it this weekend.

DMKA
07-03-2008, 04:57 AM
Wow I really want to see this. It sounds like a one in a million film.

It really is. I can honestly say I've never seen another film like it.

Medi
07-03-2008, 04:58 AM
Saw it today. It was AMAZING. I loved the portrayal of human evolution into the future. It's very touching, too. I also really enjoyed Sigourney Weaver's little role. Definitely one of my favorite actresses, and she voiced it so well!

My favorite Pixar film FTW.

Miriel
07-04-2008, 07:50 AM
I loved it. LOVED. IT.

Probably my second favorite Pixar film, following Monster's Inc. And that's saying a lot given how much I love Monster's Inc. I thought Wall. E and EVE were some of the most endearing characters I've ever seen on film.

Shlup
07-04-2008, 07:52 AM
I can agree with that. Monsters Inc. was pretty fabulous. I think I like WALL•E best though.

DMKA
07-04-2008, 10:02 AM
I can agree with that. Monsters Inc. was pretty fabulous. I think I like WALL•E best though.

Monsters, Inc. was good, but it doesn't even come close to the epicness of WALL•E.

Quindiana Jones
07-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Never even heard about it. I'm guessing it won't be UKated for another few millenia, right?

charliepanayi
07-04-2008, 08:19 PM
UKated? If you mean released in the UK it's out on July 18th. I'm probably hopelessly missing the point of the above post here XD

Rostum
07-05-2008, 01:19 AM
It definitely looks incredible, but I haven't heard a thing about it in Australia. Have to keep a close eye out for it.

Del Murder
07-05-2008, 01:46 AM
It was very good and a unique movie, but I liked Incredibles better.

XxSephirothxX
07-05-2008, 02:05 AM
It was very good and a unique movie, but I liked Incredibles better.
Same here. Wall-e had amazing graphics and was a fantastic movie, but it's not my favorite Pixar. I liked both Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles more.

El Bandito
07-05-2008, 10:11 PM
First off, I'll say that I loved the movie. Definitely one of Pixar's best.

I'd just like to say that to me, the "social criticisms" were more plot points than anything bigger. I just don't think Pixar was really trying to push a pro-enviroment, anti-big corporations message. While viewing the movie, I thought the main message of the movie came from the quote "I don't want to survive, I want to live!" and any circumstances beyond that were just guiding the story.

Fonzie
07-06-2008, 01:51 AM
This movie blew my mind.

I loved it. :love:

McLovin'
07-06-2008, 04:08 AM
It was alright. Beginning made me sleepy since there was no talking except for "Wall-e!" but I liked the plot. In my opinion it should be remade by like Steven Spielberg into some really great sci-fi movie :p

Germ Hamee
07-06-2008, 08:57 AM
It's my new favorite Pixar film. And I want a Wall-E for my own.

Miriel
07-06-2008, 09:52 AM
It was alright. Beginning made me sleepy since there was no talking except for "Wall-e!" but I liked the plot. In my opinion it should be remade by like Steven Spielberg into some really great sci-fi movie :p

No.

Just no.

The beginning was a masterpiece of filmmaking. Just goes to show the tremendous amount of communication that can be achieved with a few sounds and gestures.

Slothy
07-06-2008, 04:30 PM

No.

Just no.

The beginning was a masterpiece of filmmaking. Just goes to show the tremendous amount of communication that can be achieved with a few sounds and gestures.

I was going to say that you saved me from saying it, but I feel it needs to be said again: this movie is a wonderful example of what can be done with almost no dialogue at all. In fact, if Wall-E had been able to hold down a conversation, it would have ruined the movie.

Boney King
07-06-2008, 11:26 PM
It already is a really great sci-fi movie.

Miriel
07-08-2008, 10:39 AM
I watched it again last night and omg, I love this movie.

Ouch!
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I watched this movie last night. It was effin' brilliant. It was even better that I got to catch the DLP version. =3 Hi-def on the big screen blew my mind.

White Queen
07-08-2008, 03:09 PM
At last, an all-ages movie that doesn't stink of gooey American Hollywood moralty...I haven't seen it yet but it looks absolutely adorable. I think it's showing here next week...:)
I definately shall see it after reading your comments! (my boyfriend had his doubts about it, haha.)

Avarice-ness
07-11-2008, 08:18 PM
YAY!

So, here's my sad Wall-E story! As we saw last time I was going to pay for my sister and her family so they would take me to see it, needless to say her husband worked so they couldn't go then.
Well, I was in the process of moving up until 2 days ago. Basically, since I didn't have my house fully packed, I couldn't go with them to see Wall-E on Sunday because I had to pack my house.

Worst punishment ever BY FAR!

But then today! My mom came home for lunch and asked me if I wanted to see a movie! At first I was like "Nah that's okay" but then I was like "WTF AM I THINKING?!" and then said "I WANNA SEE WALL-E!!!!"

YAYAYAYAYAY~ We're going to go see Wall-E at 6:20 tonight. I DON'T THINK ANY ONE CAN FATHOM MY EXCITEMENT.

I'll post my thoughts on it later..

I'm just super freaking excited, it's been a VERY long time since a movie just made me motivated and running off energy of PURE HAPPINESS.

Edit: BEST FREAKING MOVIE EVER!
Seriously, I loved that movie, I could prolly see it 6 ot 7 more times and still be just as pleased with it.

Tallulah
07-17-2008, 11:54 PM
I've just booked my ticket for it, after work on Saturday. I can't wait! :D

Loony BoB
07-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Wall-E is wonderful. I spent the entire day after watching it saying 'Wall-E' in his li'l Wall-E voice. I enjoyed the movie muchly.

The Shoeless Hobo
07-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Well this movie isn't being released in my country till mid september so i'm downloading it now. But rest assured, i will see this in the cinemas. :)

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Sounds cute, but the kid in me has gone bye-bye...

Loony BoB
07-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Shockingly, you don't have to be a kid to appreciate a good story with amusing comedy. :p

Avarice-ness
07-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Sounds cute, but the kid in me has gone bye-bye...

Shockingly, you don't have to be a kid to appreciate a good story with amusing comedy. :p

Agree'd. Not only that but depending on how old some kids are seeing it, they won't understand the point of the movie -at all-.

My 9 year old neice really only got the *spoiler tag for safety* the point where we need to recycle and what not but she didn't get the point about people being fat and lazy and drinking things out of cups, being mezmerized by the TV(and other technological things) and not being able to see the beauty of the what's around you, how instead of traditional dating, e-dating is a popular thing (when the guy and the girl (forgot their names) touched they instantly liked each other, because while she had constantly been saying how her holodating was always horrible, she had never touched someone else to get that "click" or chemistry between her and another person) and how overall, all of this is corrupting human kind, not only the trashing the earth bit, but relying on technology to do everything and just being lazy.

My three year old neice didn't get -any- of it, all she cared about was seeing Wall-E. The parents in the audience were moved of course, but there are some things that the movie gets at that you would have to have some understanding to be able to see what it's talking about.

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 10:01 PM
From what I read, sure, it's a subject of interest, but let's say it's a Pixar movie, and I'm a bit too jaded to enjoy positivity in "children's movies".

Rengori
07-21-2008, 11:08 PM
From what I read, sure, it's a subject of interest, but let's say it's a Pixar movie, and I'm a bit too jaded to enjoy positivity in "children's movies".

Just watch it.

Heath
07-21-2008, 11:13 PM
It was a fantastic film. I loved it. I wasn't expecting that much from it at first, but I really enjoyed it. It was much more moving than I imagined, I genuinely felt very sad during some of the misadventures that befell WALL-E. Been a long time since I've cared so much about a protagonist in a film as I did whilst watching that ridiculously cute robot this evening.

Polaris
07-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Here it just comes in 18th August but me and my friends will for sure watch it!Wall-e looks so damn cute ^^

MushroomZOMBIE
07-21-2008, 11:20 PM
WTF?
On my birthday?
Whatever, I'll wait until my sis gets it on DVD.
-Succumbs to the will of people.-

Chzn8r
07-23-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't know exactly what you mean by "positivity", but some elements of Wall-E actually paint a pretty bleak picture for the future of mankind. And not like some typically post-apocalyptic film where disaster strikes and billions die. More like an actual possibility of just where our path as a race could take us. Quite a mature theme and well over the heads of any children in the audience.

Avarice-ness
07-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't know exactly what you mean by "positivity", but some elements of Wall-E actually paint a pretty bleak picture for the future of mankind. And not like some typically post-apocalyptic film where disaster strikes and billions die. More like an actual possibility of just where our path as a race could take us. Quite a mature theme and well over the heads of any children in the audience.

Agree'd. But the positivity part comes from the idea that the humans in the movie were able to recognize their faults and come together at the end to fix what they've done and rebuild the world for the better.
Really, it's the idea of that most people think that they can't make a difference currently, clearly that mind set is what continued and caused the world that existed at the beginning of Wall-E, but by the end they realized that even one person can make a difference and change everything for the better, essentially, more people can make an even bigger difference!

Peegee
07-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Men aren't allowed to cry but I felt a great deal of empathy, which (if you knew me IRL) is a big deal.

The pre-movie short was hilarious. The magician and the magic hat. Very imaginative stuff ^^

As for the movie, while there were themes such as anti-consumerism and what Cz's friend claimed to be a reference to 'Plato's cave' (when they stopped msning with friends), I didn't think they were that big an aspect of the film. To me, it's just two robots (well one robot -- Eve knew about the spaceship) doing things for an hour half, and a cool background to play in.

But I've been ruined by years of overanalysation of movies.