PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Clock

strawberryman
06-28-2008, 06:00 PM
How many people clicked on this thinking the topic would actually match the title. Actually, I named it alarm clock because this (http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1630487466?bctid=1634707776) is what woke me up today. That's pretty much right by my house.

Has anyone else seen or heard very big and/or loud explosions? Or have you ever been woken up by one?

Rantz
06-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Not really, but my nephew woke me up today with screaming.

Heath
06-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Loudest thing I've heard that wasn't music was probably when I went to the opening of the Welsh Assembly's new term last year. There was a twenty one gun salute by HMS Exeter (battleship) because the royal family (Queen, Prince Phillip, Prince Charles and Camilla) was there and also to honour the opening. Wasn't woken up by it though.

Polaris
06-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Nope! My alarm clock is the vibration of my cell phone! XD I don't even need music to wake up just the vibration on my bediside table is enough:)

Vikeve
06-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Nah, I can't say that I have been woken up by any loud explosions.:jess:

DMKA
06-28-2008, 06:49 PM
When I was in like fourth or fifth grade, I lived in an apartment complex right next to Pacific Coast Highway in Lomita, CA (which, for those who live in that area, know it's a muthafuka of a highway) and at the corner of our block a transformer blew up, injuring a bunch of people and killing one, and screwing up a bunch of vehicles, and knocking out a ton of people's electricity. I was in school at the time so sadly I didn't get to hear it, but when I was walking home I got to see the giant mess it made.

By some crazy miracle of Southern Californian engineering, our power wasn't affected though. o_O

Don't go around the swear filter. -- foa

Innes
06-28-2008, 06:51 PM
I got woke up by a dog once.

It was in my neighbours garden being loud.

Avarice-ness
06-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah, when I lived back in Texas, for some reason my .. entire town seemed to have faulty freaking power things outside, so every time it'd rain one would blow up.

I actually was awoken by one blowing up in the backyard and then looking out to see that the tree in the backyard was on fire.

Other than that, when my sister lived at Kileen, we could hear the tanks going off from Ft. Hood. Really tank fire and other boomy sounds are normal from me, because I visited a lot of army bases because of my sister.

Randgris
06-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Cracking thunder, the ones that really made sounds like BOOM! Made me jump out of my seat.

rubah
06-29-2008, 06:32 PM
not to my recollection.

Shoeberto
06-29-2008, 06:38 PM
One time my family's compost pile caught on fire. It wasn't really an explosion, but the sound of a concerned neighbor knocking on the door at like 2AM while I was on the couch definitely scared the tar out of me (I was in like the third grade at the time).

Freya
06-29-2008, 06:39 PM
I live around a bunch of coal mines and sometimes you feel the vibrations form the blasts but I don't notice it enough to wake up. I'm a hard sleeper.

Deborah
06-29-2008, 06:46 PM
They blew up a trailer in a field by my house when I was in high school..I still don't know why, but it was super loud.

Blue Harvest
06-29-2008, 07:34 PM
My mobile is my alarm clock. I'll tell you one thing, earthquakes aren't a good substitute. I slept right through one once.