PDA

View Full Version : mfpmp.exe

Baloki
06-28-2008, 11:09 PM
No it's not a new form of the pimp smilie, it's the protected pipeline DRM crap in WMP, any suggestions in getting round it as it's really causing me problems.

Also switching away from WMP isn't a helpful suggestion :p

crono_logical
06-29-2008, 11:23 AM
What about switching away from Vista? :p

Baloki
06-29-2008, 02:07 PM
What about switching away from Vista? :p

I'ma considering it.

Mirage
06-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Why is it bothering you? Have you downloaded DRMed music?

Rantz
06-30-2008, 12:39 PM
If you don't actually have any DRM music:

if you want to get rid of mfpmp.exe go to //windows/system32 and find 'mfpmp' edit rights to full acces and then rename the file to mfpmp.exe.bak
then you won't get errors and your computer won't use much of your CPU. good luck!!

Baloki
06-30-2008, 11:11 PM
If you don't actually have any DRM music:

if you want to get rid of mfpmp.exe go to //windows/system32 and find 'mfpmp' edit rights to full acces and then rename the file to mfpmp.exe.bak
then you won't get errors and your computer won't use much of your CPU. good luck!!

You also can't play any non-mp3-non-drm'd music if you do that.

And Mirage it bothers me because it runs even if I'm not playing DRM'd music, hell I don't even have any DRM music...

Rantz
07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Even though you said not to, I'm going to go ahead and recommend another player :):

foobar2000 (http://www.foobar2000.org/), a free no-nonsense player, super easy on CPU and memory. It's extensible using an SDK so there are lots of plugins and themes. The SDK language is very easy to learn if you want to create your own theme or modify existing themes. Attached is my current setup.

Baloki
07-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Even though you said not to, I'm going to go ahead and recommend another player :):

foobar2000 (http://www.foobar2000.org/), a free no-nonsense player, super easy on CPU and memory. It's extensible using an SDK so there are lots of plugins and themes. The SDK language is very easy to learn if you want to create your own theme or modify existing themes. Attached is my current setup.

This is why I've petitioned to have you banned.

Jessweeee♪
07-03-2008, 12:52 AM
I would like to rid myself of this program too.

:spin:

Mirage
07-03-2008, 06:54 AM
So is this thing hogging insane amounts of memory or what? WHat is it thta makes it so annoying when you're able to play your non-DRM music anyway?

Baloki
07-03-2008, 08:48 AM
It's called the Windows Pipeline, it uses between 60 and 80% of my processor and can use upwards of 200 megs of RAM, it runs whenever Windows Media Player or Connect are running (so basically all the time on my machine since I used WMC to stream stuff to my Xbox) and if you disable it as a service quite a few media types stop playing.

Mirage
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Well.
I'm running a genuine version of Windows XP with nearly none of the default settings changed since i installed, except all critical and recommended windows updates, and WMP 11.0.somethingsomething. I also use WMP's built in media server to let my PS3 stream audio and video from this machine. I don't even have that mfpmp.exe thing running, yet I have no problems playing back any media types, and no problems with the streaming to my PS3 either. I guess I can't help much, except stating the obvious: Your WMP is broken, reinstall :D.

Oh btw, I use TVersity as my media server for the most of my stuff, as it can auto-transcode on the fly when my PS3 encounters media it can't play. I still got WMP's server running too though.

Baloki
07-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Well.
I'm running a genuine version of Windows XP with nearly none of the default settings changed since i installed, except all critical and recommended windows updates, and WMP 11.0.somethingsomething. I also use WMP's built in media server to let my PS3 stream audio and video from this machine. I don't even have that mfpmp.exe thing running, yet I have no problems playing back any media types, and no problems with the streaming to my PS3 either. I guess I can't help much, except stating the obvious: Your WMP is broken, reinstall :D.

Oh btw, I use TVersity as my media server for the most of my stuff, as it can auto-transcode on the fly when my PS3 encounters media it can't play. I still got WMP's server running too though.

I guess reading wasn't installed by default either?

I'm running Windows Vista :p

Mirage
07-03-2008, 08:04 PM
It's more like my brain automatically supressed it.

Besides, you never said you were running Vista, Arche did. I just skipped all the posts but yours :p.

Baloki
07-03-2008, 08:05 PM
:p

crono_logical
07-04-2008, 07:59 AM
It's obvious it's vista since it's the first windows to have such crippling crap in it for multimedia :p Can't you get this TVersity thing for XP, or find some alternate open source program? :p