PDA

View Full Version : I'm so popular.

KentaRawr!
06-29-2008, 12:14 AM
3 Friend Requests now that we have this cool friend request thing. :D

So, how many friends do you have on your Myspace/Facebook/Xanga/Whatever? Do you think it's because of your own popularity, or do you desperately search for friends across the intarwebz?

Discuss now.

black orb
06-29-2008, 12:18 AM
>>> zero friends, Im Mr popularity.

Laddy
06-29-2008, 12:19 AM
I have seventeen best friends accross the real world. I win!

Balzac
06-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Lots. And the kicker is, I don't use them. Only made them for learning about them.

Madame Adequate
06-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Very few, and even fewer that I actually pay any mind to.

TifaLockhart7
06-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Haha, on myspace its like 160 from school! xD A few from online..o_o

Jessweeee♪
06-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Not even Tom wants to be my friend ;_;

Bahamut2000X
06-29-2008, 01:18 AM
I'm so vain I must have more friends I never talk to just to stroke my ego.

Rye
06-29-2008, 01:23 AM
In terms of fer srs friends, I have a hand full, perhaps. I am so picky. I have 3 true-blue friends that I can trust my life with, one of which being Huxley.

In terms of LJ/myspace/facebook stuff:

LJ: 115

Myspace: 106

Facebook: 170

Momiji
06-29-2008, 01:29 AM
As for IRL friends, none, really. The people here suck.

As for online:
LJ: 17
MySpace: I don't know and I don't care anymore.

I have plenty of e-pals and they mean the world to me. I'm not the kind of person who adds a crapload of people on their MySpace merely to say they have X amount of friends, that's pretty damn stupid if you ask me. I'm picky about who I make friends with though. As for EoFF, I've added quite a few people, but I have only a few that I'm very close to.

Zeldy
06-29-2008, 02:03 AM
On LJ and EoFF, there's probably 20/25 people that actually mean something to me or have affected me in some way. :jess:

On Myspace I have like 500 friends or something, but I hardly know most! I have about 9 best friends, and 3 or 4 close friends, irl. I have lots of associates though.

Nominus Experse
06-29-2008, 02:30 AM
You're all e-whores.

Darkmage
06-29-2008, 02:35 AM
I don't spend a lot of time on myspace, but for some reason I have some anxiety concerning "friends." I'm ok with someone thinking we are friends in real life, because it isn't broadcast electronically through the world (and possibly into space), but when I am called upon to approve or deny a friend request, it suddenly becomes very "real" and I'm not sure what to do. Are we really friends? If so, are we ready to be officially joined in the union of "myspace friendship"? What are the societal expectations once we have taken that step forward in our internet relationship? A shoulder to lean on when :-( or a pal with whom to "lol"? Is it enough that I have confirmed our friendship electronically or will it be taken as an intentional slight if you don't make it into my top 8? These are things that keep me up at night.

Even worse, when a stranger reaches out to me, seeking friendship... I'm flattered, truly I am, but I fear our relationship will be entirely superficial. How can a lifetime of camaraderie be based on a mutual interest in dream theater? As firm a foundation as dream theater is, it just isn't enough. How can one approve and move forward with that? I don't know if I am what you are looking for... what if I hurt you?

If I have denied your friend request, be strong. I did it for you.

rubah
06-29-2008, 02:54 AM
apparently I have 213 facebook friends. I try not to add people I don't know unless I think that I will get to know them through facebook, or people from the internet that I don't know. And if still don't know someone after so long, they go away. Or if I wish i didn't know them. Or if they try to put me on a million applications. whatever.

Roto13
06-29-2008, 02:57 AM
I don't really count. I cut a bunch of people from my Facebook friends list because I realized that I didn't want to keep in contact with them when we were in high school, so why would I want to keep in contact with them now?

BardTard
06-29-2008, 05:28 AM
I only accept friend requests from people I know, besides the 5 bands and 2 friends who I've never met in person. I've been talking to one for 4 years though, and the other friend for about a year or so. Hopefully I'll meet one of them. The other one is being a jerk.

Heath
06-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I think I've something like 60 on MySpace, but I barely keep in touch with most of them now. LJ I have 93 and I'm in contact with most of them either through EoFF or #EoFF or through IM.

Peegee
06-29-2008, 08:56 AM
EoFF is single handedly responsible fort he majority of my online friends. u gias are the best rfiedns I ever had . Asian pried reporsent you knwo what i say?

<3 dudes

scrumpleberry
06-29-2008, 09:52 AM
I don't use social networking sites, they get really boring. On EoFF all my buddies are people that I chat to once in a while.

Rocket Edge
06-29-2008, 04:34 PM
>>> zero friends, Im Mr popularity.
I'll always be your art buddy!

251 friends from bebo. I'm not on any of the others. I talk to them all semi regularly, whenever I go out for a night out I see everyone. It's the beauty of living in a small town!

Randgris
06-29-2008, 05:31 PM
At most 60ish. I'm not very popular. I tend to avoid chats and stuff.

Jess
06-29-2008, 05:48 PM
I have 219 friends on Facebook, about 10-15 of which are people I know just over the internet because I only really use facebook for people I actually know, so the rest are all people I know in real life - family, friends and people I work with currently/used to work with.

My LJ just has people here from EoFF as friends.

champagne supernova
06-29-2008, 05:48 PM
I only use Facebook, and I've got about 250 friends. And they are, at least, real world acquintances. So, not random people I met once! Or never met...

Yeah, having people you don't actually know being friends freaks me out. I mean, there's hundreds of photos of me on Facebook, and I should let some stranger be able to access them, just because they want to be my friend. And it's not like you can actually check them out and see that they're alright. No, my friends on Facebook will remain people who I actually know.

EDIT: As I was writing this, some stranger has friend requested me.

Blue Harvest
06-29-2008, 06:13 PM
apparently I have 213 facebook friends. I try not to add people I don't know unless I think that I will get to know them through facebook, or people from the internet that I don't know. And if still don't know someone after so long, they go away. Or if I wish i didn't know them. Or if they try to put me on a million applications. whatever.

So that's why you denied my add request on facebook :cry:

rubah
06-29-2008, 06:31 PM

Yes. Were you 'paul somebody'?

The Unknown Guru
06-29-2008, 07:31 PM
I have no friends on any website I have ever been on.

Thanks for the cheer-up. :cry:

Blue Harvest
06-29-2008, 07:32 PM

Yes. Were you 'paul somebody'?

Nope.

Jiopio
06-30-2008, 03:16 PM
I usually hardly ever add anybody on any of mine =x. most of the people I have on any of my interweb thingies are people who sent me random invites and I either don't know them or they're people I went to school with o.o'

Old Manus
06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
ITT sociopaths are butthurt

I have lots of friends

escobert
06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
More than you.

~*~Celes~*~
06-30-2008, 04:21 PM
3 IRL BEST friends (I'm very VERY choosy about who I consider a "best friend" because there are a lot of users/backstabbers around here), and quite a few online friends.

Jojee
06-30-2008, 06:59 PM
276 facebook friends, maybe 30-40 of those are online people. ^^

I have very few good friends, though.

NeoTifa
06-30-2008, 07:04 PM
jojee just asked to be my friend on here O.o just now. now i have like 8 friends here lol. the only one i even pm is ak. >.< and myspace i have like 45 and i never go on there. i dont even remember my name or anything there lol

TifaLockhart7
06-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't think being popular means having a lot of friends..o_o
But that you have a few friends that have your back ^___^

NeoTifa
06-30-2008, 08:37 PM
i have neither.... ;_;

Avarice-ness
06-30-2008, 10:31 PM
I have 22 friends on here, 33 friends on myspace, and 12 facebook friends.

I used to have like 60 something friends on myspace but I deleted all bands and people I only know online. I don't really care for social networking. I like managing my myspace page more than talking to the people I have on myspace.

I can't say it's popularity or because I searched for people. I think it's a waste of time trying to "reconnect" with those who are not searching for me, therefore I only add people who have taken the time to add me.

Clouded Sky
06-30-2008, 10:38 PM
On Facebook I have 349 friends. I cleaned it several times this year to get rid of people I had only met like once or didn't care to keep in contact with. I think there are probably 2 or 3 I haven't met in real life. It's really too many people to keep in contact with everyone though. There are about 3 people I would trust anything with, and another ring of about 10 that I would consider close friends. Then there are you silly internet people who I refuse to believe exist in the real world.