PDA

View Full Version : fees

sir helix
06-29-2008, 03:47 PM
whats the cost per month? im curious because this is the onlt ff i havent played and its driving me crazy:eek:

Bahamut2000X
06-29-2008, 03:51 PM
About 12 bucks to start I think. And an extra dollar per character you get.

Not too bad if you consider the rising costs of everything now a days. It just means you'll see one less movie with nachos. But really now not like there's many worthwhile movies anymore. FF XI is clearly the better choice here. :)

strawberryman
06-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Actually $12.95, but yeah, 1 dollar per additional day.

Rostum
06-30-2008, 04:22 AM
Don't play this game if you are only going to play it because it's the only Final Fantasy you haven't played. Play it because it is a quality MMORPG.

Ouch!
07-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Don't play this game if you are only going to play it because it's the only Final Fantasy you haven't played. Play it because it is a quality MMORPG.
Aye. If you're expecting it to be just like other Final Fantasy titles, you're going to be sorely mistaken. Know that while FFXI certainly possesses many of the elements familiar to the series (chocobos, summons, staple jobs, etc.), it will play significantly differently from other Final Fantasy games. It's an MMO first and foremost. Just make sure you remember that.

sir helix
07-03-2008, 12:33 AM
wel aculey iv played on my uncles acc but he cot me 10 sec in so ya
so wat are all the expansions for the game. i know theres quit a few and if im gonna get it i mite as well buy the whole lot

Bahamut2000X
07-03-2008, 03:22 AM
All the expansions are as follows,

Rise of the Zilart
Chains of Promathia
Treasures of Aht Urghan
Wings of the Goddess

Howver I do believe that the latest Vana'Diel collection has all the expansions bundled with it. Or at least all but Wings, since that's the newest (and still almost a year old).

Rostum
07-03-2008, 03:52 AM
You can purchase the Vana'diel Collection 2008 which has all expansions.

Mirage
07-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Wings almost a year old? More like half a year :p

Bahamut2000X
07-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Meh I rounded up to November. :p

sir helix
07-03-2008, 04:22 PM
i herd theres a lifetime fee is that true?

Ouch!
07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
i herd theres a lifetime fee is that true?
No.

Mirage
07-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Actually yes,there is. You have to keep paying $12.95 for the rest of your life, even after the game servers are shut down.

sir helix
07-03-2008, 07:18 PM
i know some games that are mmo have it ware u can (for example) if you have to pay 5 dollers a month you can pay 200 dollers and never have to pay again

Ouch!
07-03-2008, 08:03 PM
FFXI has no such option.

sir helix
07-03-2008, 08:26 PM
damn

Ouch!
07-03-2008, 08:32 PM
FFXI is, admittedly, a love it or hate it game. It's probably best that one can't fork out $200 for some kind of lifetime membership right from the get-go. The one month trial version is often insufficient, as, unless you're a returning player, one is unlikely to experience the extent of the game in a mere month. Better to pay as you go and then realize down the road that FFXI might not be for you than front a large sum of money and waste it by quitting.

sir helix
07-03-2008, 09:06 PM
true true if only it cost less per month like runescape ameesly 5 amonth. i mean square is already getting ur money for every disc they sell

strawberryman
07-03-2008, 09:08 PM
FFXI is, admittedly, a love it or hate it game. It's probably best that one can't fork out $200 for some kind of lifetime membership right from the get-go. The one month trial version is often insufficient, as, unless you're a returning player, one is unlikely to experience the extent of the game in a mere month. Better to pay as you go and then realize down the road that FFXI might not be for you than front a large sum of money and waste it by quitting.

Have to admit Ouch! is right, this game is also pretty harsh on newbies, and aside from money you need to invest a pretty big slot of time to get anything done. My friend who plays WoW knows people who lost interest because of lack of low-level content or the like. Campaign Ops did solve that, but now campaign has been made from way too easy to almost ridiculously hard, to the point of where, say, on Midgard Windy is the only city that has an area aside from their own, well, city.

Ouch!
07-04-2008, 10:57 PM
true true if only it cost less per month like runescape ameesly 5 amonth. i mean square is already getting ur money for every disc they sell
The obvious difference, of course, is that Runescape is a piece of http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif while FFXI (whether you like it or not) is a quality video game.

While SE doesn't exactly have the most fantastic track record of giving fans what they want (and is developing a nasty habit of taking good things and screwing them up), at least you're getting content updates, regular expansions, etc. The price of the game disc (I recent bought the original game and all four expansions for only $30 when I rejoined) is hardly enough to keep the game afloat.

Based on your comments, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that the only MMO you've ever played is Runescape. Based on this assumption, I'm going to go ahead and issue the following warning: you really have no idea what MMO's are like, do you?

Edit: Wait. Just realized something... You actually paid for Runescape?

sir helix
07-05-2008, 03:26 AM
yes i did and i have a hell of a fun time playin it.
mmos i play

runescape
dicide
anima roe

Ouch!
07-05-2008, 03:54 PM
None of those are event remotely close to a real MMO.

Jessweeee♪
07-06-2008, 12:15 AM
I had to quit Runescape after it wouldn't let me chop a certain tree because my effing tree chopping level wasn't high enough or something. IT'S A TREE.

...but back on topic.

If you can stay with the game long enough to get past the newbie stage, then YAY! Lots of fun ahead!

I, on the other hand, have never gotten past the newbie stage. It's fun when I get a party invite and don't screw things up, but gawd, waiting for a party invite is just soooo boring ;_;

sir helix
07-06-2008, 01:27 AM
then be a lone wolf even thow i havent the slightest. but if i do ever get this i will be white mage.

Ouch!
07-06-2008, 02:04 AM
then be a lone wolf even thow i havent the slightest. but if i do ever get this i will be white mage.
For starting players, this is simply not an option. Most of the jobs classes with actual soloing potential are advanced jobs (which require you to obtain level 30 to unlock). The other jobs one is able to solo, however, such as BLM, move discouragingly slow earlier on and benefit more from a party anyway.