PDA

View Full Version : Pandemonium, You're Not Alone

Depression Moon
06-29-2008, 09:26 PM
I just revisited my most favorite scene of my most favorite game today. The event where You're Not Alone plays is truly touching, I only have to say that they could've transitioned the scene a little more smoothly. The ending battle of that scene where you're about to be crushed with 1HP remaining and Garnet savin you just in time was phenomenal. I was also wondering about that monteryou fought with Freya and Amarant. Every time that I go through that part of the game, I've never seen that monster show up again in a random battle. That's odd

Marky Tee
06-30-2008, 10:26 AM
i agree
its totaly feckin awesome

Heath
06-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I can't remember what the monster is off the top of my head. What's it called?

I must admit, that as much as I love that bit, I've always preferred the bit just after that. The whole showdown between Garland, Zidane and Kuja. Excellent stuff. Probably my favourite part of the game.

Randgris
06-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Shell Dragon. My brother calls it "Snortsface" We just did that a few hours ago.

Depression Moon
07-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Naw the one I was talking about was a flying horse.

Vivisteiner
07-01-2008, 10:33 PM
I just revisited my most favorite scene of my most favorite game today. The event where You're Not Alone plays is truly touching, I only have to say that they could've transitioned the scene a little more smoothly. The ending battle of that scene where you're about to be crushed with 1HP remaining and Garnet savin you just in time was phenomenal.
QFT

The music is amazing.

Shotgunnova
07-02-2008, 02:32 AM
Not surprised you haven't seen the Shell Dragon in a random battle, because it only appears in Pandemonium and not with much consistency. IIRC, the only difference between the mandatory battle (besides stats) is that it learns Snort, making it even more annoying. =p

Nog
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
It always touches my heart that part of the game, even if Zidane calling Vivi a little brat just before it was a little cruel. Steiner and Quina's part is probably my favourite out the lot, although to be honest any scene with Steiner in it is a favourite of mine.

I believe it's Amdusias that you fight in Pandemonium with Freya and Amarant. It's one of only two battles with it in the entire game IIRC, the other being in the Treno equipment shop in disc three.

charliepanayi
07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
This is one of my favourite parts of the game, where everyone bands together to essentially drag Zidane back out of the depression he's entered. The music as mentioned is excellent, it's one of those 'punch the air' moments.

Lindar
07-02-2008, 07:14 PM
My favorite scene in entire FF series...

Zidane drows in his own depression...

and his friends comes and saves him

=(

Bolivar
07-03-2008, 11:42 PM
"Great Moments in FF History" would have to cover this scene, the music and story in it were great. One of the great ways in which IX used the battle screen to progress the story. That's one of the main qualms I have with XII's system, honestly.

Crizpy
07-18-2008, 08:54 PM
The pandemonium music is the best music nobou uematsu has ever made.

ReloadPsi
07-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Not gonna slag off the scene like I always do (nobody has ever been able to turn me around and I don't feel like returning the favour anyway) but the music is indeed fantastic. I loved Pandemonium's music as well.

The whole soundtrack to FFIX is perfect.

Crizpy
07-19-2008, 02:50 PM
The whole soundtrack to FFIX is perfect.
Yeah, I think its the game with the best soundtrack overall.
I can only remember two tunes I didnt like, and those are the "ipsens castle" music, and the music in madain sari.

Blue Harvest
07-19-2008, 03:03 PM
This is definitely my favourite scene in the game, mostly because of the music, which I'm listening to right now.

Moon Rabbits
07-20-2008, 05:11 AM
The music in that part makes me eargasm.

Crossblades
07-21-2008, 05:47 PM
I agree that this was one the best scenes of the game, especially how the music molds it together. I remember recording this scene on video tape and playing it over and over :D

'Gilgamesh'
08-10-2008, 04:06 AM
I love that part, the music is so amazing.

Sarc the Swordsman
08-14-2008, 11:54 PM
It's not my favourite scene in the game, but it was certainly a good one. I enjoyed the music, but for me I enjoyed every piece of music in the game!

I enjoyed the part where Garnet heals Zidane from 1hp. xD

cloud21zidane16
08-15-2008, 04:13 PM
I dont have a favourite part of IX but this is just one of the reasons why IX is one of the best Final Fantasys:cool:

McLovin'
08-15-2008, 10:40 PM
YouTube - You're Not Alone - Dubbed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO74NLnKcyk)

That scene dubbed, pretty neat. I myself find it better without voiceovers, but maybe thats just the actors :p

cloud21zidane16
08-15-2008, 10:47 PM
YouTube - You're Not Alone - Dubbed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO74NLnKcyk)

That scene dubbed, pretty neat. I myself find it better without voiceovers, but maybe thats just the actors :p

Pretty good but i also prefer it without voices, and i imagine them a bit differently to that.

Shadowdeathrose
08-20-2008, 11:52 PM
i imagine them a bit different to but that was great.... music ftw :P

Saber
09-13-2008, 08:13 PM
I really never liked Final Fantasy 9, but my friend came over and he brong the game over and asked me to help him beat it. We played and I kept on telling him my fav scene was when Kuja destroys a planet. Then we got to the end of disk three, we were at pandemonium and I was deeply touched and forgot that the game was ok. It kinda redeemed itself in my eyes. Remember though I'm not a big FF9 lover. I just gave it a little praise for what it was worth.