PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Halloween Costumes

JaytodaP
06-29-2008, 10:16 PM
It's not close to Halloween yet, but a while back my brother and I made this awesome costume. We both worked so hard on it and it was worn to every costume related occasion. Although I'm not in this picture, I take credit for custom fitting the chainsaw, and basically finding all the clothes and what not, and introducing him to one of my favorite films.

Sure you can buy your crappy Spider Man suit costume at your local i-party, but where's the fun in that.

What's the best Halloween costume you've ever made.... or bought from a store you lazy bastard?

Chemical
06-29-2008, 10:22 PM
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<3 Ash

I usually make all my costumes because store bought ones suck
Last year I went as a Harajuku Girl

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff168/Hobo-sapien/Halloween002-1.jpg

I'm trying to convince PG to be Rossario so I can go as Karen from Will & Grace.
But if that doesn't work I think I'll go as Peggy Bundy.

Balzac
06-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I like how Gwen "BANANAS" Stefani is taking credit for Harajuku Girls now.

I went to a party as Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil 2. Sadly I have no pics, I'll have to get hold of an old friend for them.

smittenkitten
06-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I've actually never dressed up or went out on Halloween before. :p

Jess
06-29-2008, 11:38 PM
None of these are for Halloween but: My mum and I usually put my costumes together. I've only been to a few fancy dress parties where I've actually bought/rented a costume.

My friends seem to always throw fancy dress parties and it's too much of a pain to spend so much monies on costumes, and it's more fun to make them.

My mum made me a "pink" "Pebbles" from the Flinstones costume for a P Party I went to for Christmas.

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4897/pinkpebblespz1.jpg

If I am lazy and/or don't have the money resources to make/buy/rent a costume I go as a cat. but that's only happened twice.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5636/catqa3.jpg

when I was younger my mum made me an 'Ice queen' costume. It was amazing. I got into the local newspaper in a picture because of it. ;o

Shoeberto
06-29-2008, 11:47 PM
I'd like to make my own costume. Most ideas I have are too intricate to make easily though. I have trouble coming up with simple stuff that I like :)

rubah
06-29-2008, 11:50 PM
i think I might get the hippie costume out this halloween.

My halloween costume last year was store bought ($40 Target) but it was so worth it. Pictures of both are in my photo album here.

also stu is lying through his teeth; he did a donnie darko outfit last year that didn't cost him a dime.

Shoeberto
06-29-2008, 11:58 PM
also stu is lying through his teeth; he did a donnie darko outfit last year that didn't cost him a dime.
I guess in a sense you're right, I just didn't count it sense technically the skeleton part was still store bought... at some point.

rubah
06-29-2008, 11:59 PM
No. Pretty sure dad just brought that home from hallmark with the rest of the stuff he got when he worked there.