PDA

View Full Version : It's Limb-Reattachment Season!

Yar
06-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Friday is Independence Day, and tomorrow is Canada Day! Or, as I like to call it: "Little Independence Day." :rolleyes2

So, break out the fireworks! It's time to start blowing off fingers and toes!

Now, it is illegal to shoot of fireworks in my state (Ohio), but people do anyway. It's cool except when they decide to do it at 3 am. Then I get angry.

But who cares about out country's (or "countries'") independence, when it's time to have some fun! Barbeques and pool parties, all sorts of outdoor activities.

What do you have planned for July 1/4?

Momiji
06-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Blowing stuff up is fun, but getting asthma attacks from the smoke isn't. :mad:

Old Manus
06-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Terrorist attacks.

Watch out, Miami.

41-Inches-Wide
06-30-2008, 05:23 PM
ADVANCE 4TH OF JULY JELLO!
(Even if I never really celebrate 4th of July.)

Psychotic
06-30-2008, 05:25 PM
I am still very bitter about the outcome of this war. Maybe I'll make some snarky comments about Americans on the internet. Like if I see a YouTube video with an American in it, I'll spam a bunch of comments saying "AMERICANS ARE DUMB AND FAT AND LIKE WAR AND GOD!!!! FUCK BUSH!!!!". I think that'll ease the pain of my inferiority complex.

Yar
06-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah, damn me and my Bush loving. Why don't I know the capital of Spain? And why am I so obese-wise?

:p

Jiro
06-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Fireworks are highly illegal in Australia, but that doesn' stop anyone. We took them when we were camping on the beach, and one tipped over and started shooting at the cars going past. Then the other pointed at us, not fun. But nobody got hurt, well, too badly anyway

rubah
06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
thanks for reminding me! *tells dad to buy fireworks*

Peegee
06-30-2008, 07:19 PM
I like to hold my hand over fireworks. The spray ones particularly.

I forgot to hold my face over one last Saturday.

~*~Celes~*~
06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Well I live in Ohio too, so yeah. But my parents go see fireworks every July 4th, but I'm not going this year.

NeoTifa
06-30-2008, 07:30 PM
yay for me and celes!!!! ohio sucks and all we are allowed to have are sparklers and bottle rockets, and they threatened to take away bottle rockets last year........ >:[

i got invited to 2 partys, so i dunno.

Yar
06-30-2008, 10:32 PM
I like the release we must sign in Ohio stating we won't fire of fireworks, and both the clerk and customer are always rolling their eyes going "yeah, that'll happen :rolleyes2"

Avarice-ness
06-30-2008, 10:36 PM
My dad's going to be back in America, so I dunno what we're going to do. I know we're going to see fireworks (dur) but we might go see some bands at summerfest or something.

Other than that, nothing to eventful because the next day he's helping me move back to Texas.

Vermachtnis
06-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Roman candles are awesome. I remember last year on the fifth I was burned all over after a war between me and my friends with those.

redxiiii
07-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Yeah so i don't know the meaning of independace day , anyone want to explain to me? forgive my naivety.

Ouch!
07-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Chicago is weird. We celebrate on the third.

Zeldy
07-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Yeah so i don't know the meaning of independace day , anyone want to explain to me? forgive my naivety.

It's celebrating the day they got independence from Britain or something.

I like fireworks, even though I did get a spark in my hair one New Years and it got singed and left a mark ;[

Momiji
07-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Roman candles are awesome. I remember last year on the fifth I was burned all over after a war between me and my friends with those.

YES. That and bottle rockets.

..what else are you supposed to do with those? xD

Yar
07-01-2008, 05:35 AM
To redxiii and all other Americans who should really know this:

Independence Day is a commemoration of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, which was signed on July 4, 1776.

Fun-fact: Ony one person, John Hancock, actually signed the declaration on July 4. All 55 other delegates who signed it signed on or after August 2, 1776. :thumb:

rubah
07-01-2008, 06:29 AM
or more importantly, Independence Day celebrates the first step of many toward eradicating the letter 'u' from the English language as written in America.

Yar
07-01-2008, 06:57 AM
or more importantly, Independence Day celebrates the first step of many toward eradicating the letter 'u' from the English language as written in America.

Canada actually has a law about that. The British were disgusted at how "American" Canada was becoming, even when concerning speech. So they sent over British teachers to "reëducate" the people.

qwertysaur
07-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Normally we would have a barbecue, but this year we will be sitting Shiva instead.

Edit: Should probably explain that Shiva is the first period of mourning for the dead in Judaism. Family, Friends, and community members gather at the deceased persons house and remember good times with the person. Also food is brought so the family doesn't have to worry about their own needs for a time and instead focus on cherishing the memories.

BardTard
07-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Everything's illegal in Ohio! What's with the straw law?

I'm seeing a family friend who I haven't seen in a few years on July 4. :D