PDA

View Full Version : .hack MORG

Mercen-X
06-30-2008, 10:05 PM
I heard that the original .hack was made into a real Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game. I haven't actually seen it, but I was wondering...

If .hack//GU was made into an actual Online RPG, would you play? Regardless, what would your job class be if you had to choose from those available in .hack//GU?

In case you've never played .hack or GU or just as a reminder, the classes available in GU are as follows.

Twin Blade - speed, Blade Brandier - dexterity, Edge Punisher - strength, Lord Partizan - reach, Flick Reaper - wide field, Steam Gunner - range, Tribal Grappler - durability, Macabre Dancer - enhancement, Harvest Cleric - healing, Shadow Warlock - damage magic, Dual Gunner - speed/range (Haseo only, but we'll suppose it's available for all), Adept Rogue - combinations of previous mentions

Elly
06-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Adept Rogue can only incorporate 3 of the mentioned forms at the players choice, in G.U. Haseo chooses Twin Blade, Edge Punisher, & Flick Reaper, whereas i would choose Twin Blade, Steam Gunner, & Flick Reaper, so i would choose an Adept Rogue... in addition ".hack//fragment : online X offline" was never released in the U.S. due to it being a collosal failure in Japan, sad really, i would have liked to see it come this way, coincidentaly the rest of the .hack mythos is doing extremely well over there...

also i can't wait for .hack//LINK, hope it comes to the U.S.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-01-2008, 02:59 AM
Actually adept rogues get 4 "points" to distribute over their weapons in order to prevent unbalanced combinations. Flick Reaper is 2, Steam Gunner is 3, Edge Punisher is 1, Twin Blade is 1. So thus, Haseo's combination works, whereas the one Elly proposed would not.

Really, it'd be a pretty boring MMO. The classes aren't all that interesting, and there's not much customization outside of Adept Rogue. It'd play like a really bad WoW clone.

Elly
07-01-2008, 02:42 PM
aaahhh, i totaly forgot about the 4 point thing, it's been a while since i played it... yeah my proposed build would be a bit unballanced, Twin Blades for speed, Steam Gunner for range, and Flick Reaper for large mobs of enemies, kinda makes one nearly untouchable, though it would be awesome to hurl someone into the air with the scythe just to switch to Bayonet in mid rengeki to juggle someone/something in the air...

it's supposed to be the variety of fields and dungeons that make the game unique to other MMOs, but sadly the real game had very little variety in that regard...

JKTrix
07-01-2008, 03:07 PM
How fitting that you asked about a 'MORG' rather than an 'MMO'. Looks like they tried it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.hack//fragment) and seemed to be moderately popular, but they still killed it after a little moreo than a year.

I'm not sure if Bandai wants to handle a full blown .hack MMO when they can just keep making more products, or when they're gearing up for their other major MMO (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/103276-dragon-ball-z-mmo.html).

Markus. D
07-02-2008, 01:22 AM
Harvest Cleric is totally my zone.

That or Flick Reaper... because wide-field is dominant!

Khaotic
07-02-2008, 02:47 AM
Something I'd probably try, not sure if I'd stick with it though.

Markus. D
07-02-2008, 03:39 AM
Something I'd probably try, not sure if I'd stick with it though.

You so would n-n~