PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Top Artist...Ressurection?

ValkyrieWing
07-01-2008, 03:05 AM
I was going back through the archive of the Top Artist event from a while back...and I remembered how much fun it was. Or rather, how much fun I had with it. If possible, I'd like to bring it back. New challenges, new judges, and new rules.....I don't know yet if this would be a good idea or not,. but I think considering the time that's passed from the previous one, it might be a good idea. What does everyone think?

Oh and great and powerful CK, if you feel this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it. :3

Avarice-ness
07-01-2008, 04:24 AM
If it comes back, there ought to be better participants (See: people like myself that don't drop out halfway through AKA suck)

I think one of the main reasons most of everyone started dropping off is that things got dragged on for good amounts of time. At least, that's why I dropped out. I'd do the picture the day of the thing, then end up having to wait like 4 days to have just the voting come up, then another 2 for the voting to be tallied. The wait just burnt me out.

I'd like to see another one, I won't be participating though. I don't really have the time for it. :p

ValkyrieWing
07-01-2008, 06:09 AM
I'm thinking of running it this time....i want to condense things. no drop-outs, no add-ins, no nonsense.

Fonzie
07-01-2008, 06:12 AM
It's a known fact that every photoshopper cba to do things on time.

ValkyrieWing
07-03-2008, 06:31 AM
A mix of traditional art and photoshop would be interesting,,,i mean challenges of course.

ValkyrieWing
07-04-2008, 06:48 AM
from the lack of response, it looks like this idea kinda blows....

Laddy
07-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Yes, please!

41-Inches-Wide
07-04-2008, 08:01 PM
The Top Artist was fun, but now I wouldn't be able to participate even if I wanted to.

Avarice-ness
07-04-2008, 08:39 PM
from the lack of response, it looks like this idea kinda blows....

The idea doesn't blow. I just don't think that the last TA went as well as it should, which causes some hostility towards the idea. Not to mention, we're already getting artists from last time who aren't going to be able to do it, which makes the choices very small at this point.

I think there might be more response if this was put in the Artist Forum only because.. well it's rare for the General chat to really care about anything art wise.
Maybe even have it stickied or something, I dunno.

Jessweeee♪
07-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Maybe it should be moved so more art people see it :</>D!

A lot of good artists here don't really go in General Chat much :(

ValkyrieWing
07-05-2008, 06:40 AM
This is true, i just didnt wanna get booshed because it wasnt an art piece. ><

Also, even if the people who did it before cant participate...judges...maybe? lol