PDA

View Full Version : Burning down the house

Captain Maxx Power
07-01-2008, 02:45 PM
I just almost burned down my flat! :D I was cleaning up the house today and left some stuff on the cooker. As I was walking past to put a table back in place, I turned on the cooker by accident. Thusly I smelt smoke, went into the kitchen and there it was filled with smoke. I swear down I'm liable to kill myself one of these days.

What silly accidents have you had recently?

Misfit
07-01-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't think I've ever done anything SUPER SRS, my 'accidents' usually just consist of me walking into walls and stuff. Yeah wtf I swear they jump out at me :(

Peegee
07-01-2008, 03:27 PM
They're not accidents, but I intentionally burn myself almost every chance I get.

Randgris
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I almost burned down a former appartment when I forgot to blow out the candle in our altar...

smittenkitten
07-01-2008, 04:31 PM
I almost burned down my mum's kitchen too! :p I left the toast on and forgot all about it! :eek: Lucky my cat kept meowing at me and looking at me funny. I was like "What is it?!". Then I turned around and seen there was smoke coming from the kitchen door. Fire was bursting out from the cooker so I turned it off and got a big bucket of water. Luckily it went out and my cat looked like she had a heart attack. xDD

Chemical
07-01-2008, 04:36 PM
i came home from school one day to find an extremely foul odor as well as some blackened egg shell on my ceiling, walls and well anywhere in a 7 foot radius of the pot I left the poor thing to boil in.

Peegee
07-01-2008, 04:38 PM
i came home from school one day to find an extremely foul odor as well as some blackened egg shell on my ceiling, walls and well anywhere in a 7 foot radius of the pot I left the poor thing to boil in.

How did that happen? Whenever I forgot that I boiled eggs they just sit at the bottom of the pot, overcooked, with a hot-as-hell pot still slowly melting.

Chemical
07-01-2008, 04:41 PM

How did that happen? Whenever I forgot that I boiled eggs they just sit at the bottom of the pot, overcooked, with a hot-as-hell pot still slowly melting.

I'm not sure really.
The pot was fine but the egg was blackened and had exploded into tiny fragments.
This was in the old apt.
I had to actually throw away that pot.

Ouch!
07-01-2008, 04:46 PM
I was hoping this would be a thread about the Talking Heads which was accidentally placed in GC instead of the Lounge.

Cookie
07-01-2008, 04:49 PM
I smashed into a girl with a huge cage of stock that I was riding like a skateboard.

Balzac
07-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I was hoping this would be a thread about the Talking Heads which was accidentally placed in GC instead of the Lounge.

I was disappointed too.

Avarice-ness
07-01-2008, 05:53 PM
I've almost burnt the place down twice so far.

I had told my husband to clean the microwave and he never did. Needless to say I went to cook some rice-a-roni in a little tupperware... It was smelling great for the first 5 minutes and then my super pregnant nose kicked in and realized it stopped smelling so great. I turn my head and see like.. massive amounts of smoke coming from the vents in the microwave and am like "OMG!" I get my husband to run over to the microwave only to see that the rice-a-roni is on a little fire, he turns the microwave off and the fire is killed by the smoke... Needless to say my entire little studio apartment was filled with smoke, even with both windows open and it smelled like death for about 2 weeks.

The second time I was cooking cinnamon rolls and didn't realize that there was like left over cake icing on the cookie pan and I went over to check on them and smoke was coming out of the oven because apparently cake icing + foil = flamable.

Shoeberto
07-01-2008, 06:27 PM
I almost burned down my mum's kitchen too! :p I left the toast on and forgot all about it! :eek: Lucky my cat kept meowing at me and looking at me funny. I was like "What is it?!". Then I turned around and seen there was smoke coming from the kitchen door. Fire was bursting out from the cooker so I turned it off and got a big bucket of water. Luckily it went out and my cat looked like she had a heart attack. xDD
It wasn't an electric cooker was it? x.x

I haven't done much to burn down the house before, tbh. I've done stupid stuff that ended up with me getting hurt plenty, though!

Tallulah
07-01-2008, 07:02 PM
I warmed up my Chinese in the plastic cartons without realising they weren't oven safe. It took a week to get rid of the melted plastic, and the oven started smoking when I put in a ready meal. :eek:

Eleven years ago I left the tumble dryer on and left the house, which we always used to do. I returned to find that the kitchen had been gutted and the house had been smoke-damaged.

Zeldy
07-01-2008, 07:15 PM
I've never done anything like that! :jess: I never use the cooker or anything, though xD

scrumpleberry
07-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I stopped my mum from burning down the flat with essential oils once.

BardTard
07-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Set the toaster on fire.