PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have a cellphone? o_o

TifaLockhart7
07-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I just got mine like a week ago! Yay! I've been wanting one for sooo long! Haha..xD..but what's lame is that I sometimes have to share it with my bro!!! :(
Do any of you have the same problem? o_o

rubah
07-01-2008, 08:02 PM
I started to absorb my mom's cell phone about my senior year of school, and it's just mine now. She even bought herself a trakphone

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-01-2008, 08:04 PM
i think itd be weird if one of my sisters friends called my phone

Miriel
07-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I've had a cell phone for 8 years now. Got my first one Freshman year in High School for getting straight A's. That was back in the day, before they had color screens, text messaging, picture phones, etc etc.

First phone was one of them tiny little Nokia phones, one of the first phones to come out that wasn't huge and clunky with giant antennas.

I have a LG phone now and it sucks balls. I'd love to get a fancy new phone like the Helio Ocean or even an iphone.

Ramza Beoulve
07-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Well, I had the first cellphone in my family after my father's on stopped working, so I constantly needed to let them use it. It was a huge one (to today standards).

I currently use my coolest one (ROKR E2), and I have had 7 cellphones (Motorola Tango 300, Nokia 3320, Nokia 3520, Motorola V300, Samsung SGH-X105, Pantech Zpiga, MotoROKR E2) until now, the others being given to familiars or being completely obsolete right now.

TifaLockhart7
07-01-2008, 08:07 PM
I started to absorb my mom's cell phone about my senior year of school, and it's just mine now. She even bought herself a trakphone

Haha, I used to do that...but she'd get mad..=[

i think itd be weird if one of my sisters friends called my phone

o_o What if it was a girl ya liked? Hahaha..
So far, none of my brother's friends called me..thank god...o_o
That would be sooo weird! >_<

Namelessfengir
07-01-2008, 08:10 PM
im on my third cell phone so far. i broke the antenna off the last two, and this third one doesn't have one. all are tracfone. which works cuz i dont use my phone enough to waste money on a plan

Dynast-Kid
07-01-2008, 08:10 PM
I've got one! It's an LG phone, and tons of people I know have it, which makes me feel un-special. They're good phones though. Very durable!

The only people that actually call me though are my family. 95% of the time my friends just text me. :greenie:

Jojee
07-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Yep yep. I got my first when I went to college. I love my cell phone <3 ^_^

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2008, 08:13 PM
I got one...can't really use it for anything but calling mommy and daddy when I need a ride home.

ljkkjlcm9
07-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I've had a cell phone so long, I don't remember not having a cell phone. Like in 7th grade I got one, and now I've been in college 4 years... so like, 10 years ago.

THE JACKEL

Bahamut2000X
07-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I have one I hardly ever use. Though I foolishly gave it to a few other EoFFers not long ago, so I foresee my minutes getting throughly depleted.

As far as what kind of phone, I have a snazy Razor.

Leeza
07-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I've had a cellphone for about 8 years. My current one has a camera on it but I lost my manual and I don't know how to do anything with the pics I take other than using them as a desktop on the phone.

Peegee
07-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Everybody who has an LG phone needs to tell me the model number now.

I have an LG 8550 and I love it. I am not a fan of insanely numerous gadgets tied to a device I can lug around everywhere -- I leave my laptop at home for a reason -- I like to be 'unplugged' from time to time.

That said, I've had a phone for a few years now. I think 5 or 6 -- I picked a cell phone when I moved out to go to University. My first phone was a very simple 4 color screen phone, and it's the only phone I own that I don't think is bloated (though my second phone is pretty nice too).

I'm a fan of simplicity, believe it or not.

Momiji
07-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I have an LG Chocolate, the newer version. I like it and all, but it's more of an mp3 player and a camera for me than it is a communication device. I just don't have much to say. xD

Polaris
07-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I have one ^^ a sharp gx15

Shoeberto
07-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't remember/cba to look my model number up! But I have an LG Shine. It's very pretty, though it got a deep scratch in the screen after the first month that bugs me. I really like it. I just hope the slider on it doesn't get wonky.

I used to have a fairly cheap Motorola camera phone. It served its purpose but it really was getting old. Sometimes it would lock up and the screen would go black and I'd have to restart it (this would happen during calls). One time I dropped it and the screen just didn't work for about a week until I had it turned off for a 2-hour exam and it started working again after that.

I first got my phone when I started driving, right around my sixteenth birthday. I never used it much at all until I was a senior in high school though.

Aerith's Knight
07-01-2008, 08:30 PM
A new shiny silver samsung.. and I have no idea what type, but it has a nice 3.2 megapixel camera.

Innes
07-01-2008, 08:32 PM
I have a cell phone.

Then again, every person my age in England has one anyway.

So it was expected, really.

Leen-Leen
07-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I got another cell phone recently, the Sony Ericsson W580i :jess: I really love it!

Goldenboko
07-01-2008, 09:00 PM
I have a crappy Nextel.

I got another cell phone recently, the Sony Ericsson W580i :jess: I really love it!

...Phone number please :shifty:

Jess
07-01-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't remember not having a mobile phone. I have a black Nokia 6500s at the moment which I got not long ago, after my Nokia N70 was a couple of years old. I prefer Nokia to any other make.

My contract plan is great, though. Unlimited text messages and 500 minutes call time a month for £25. :jess:

Yar
07-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I want this phone:
http://buyandselljamaica.com/uploadedimages/lg_shine.jpg
But it's only on AT&T and I have Verizon...

Heath
07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I have a Sony Ericsson k750i. Bought it with my birthday money last year. I like it. I only bought it because my old phone had the volume down button stuck down, which had the lovely effect of essentially muting my phone when I took a call unless I held the volume up button. It was slightly irritating. I like my new phone. It doesn't seem to work so well with my new computer (probably because of Vista), but I can get it to work okay.

Blue Harvest
07-01-2008, 09:16 PM
I have a Samsung G600. Before that I had some piece of crap that I don't even know the model or make. Before that I had a Sagem myV-55, and before that a Nokia 3310.

rubah
07-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I want this phone:
http://buyandselljamaica.com/uploadedimages/lg_shine.jpg
But it's only on AT&T and I have Verizon...

that's what stu has. It's pretty cool!

Shoeberto
07-01-2008, 10:04 PM
It's a slightly different version from mine - those thingies you see in the middle are instead a little nipple navigation button. It's pretty tight though.

Tallulah
07-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I was the first one in my family to get a mobile/cellphone. I bought a Nokia 3210 with my summer holiday pay in 1999. I then graduated to a 3310 three years later, and then bought a phone off my friend another three years afterwards. Then I went through two phones given to me by my then-boyfriend, including a Motorola Razr, which I part-traded for a Sony Ericsson something or other on a splurge last Boxing Day.

scrumpleberry
07-01-2008, 10:34 PM
I have one of the older ericsson walkman phones. The black one with funky little orange bits on. I don't use my phone as obsessively as some people, so I'm very happy with it. I love my phone.

BardTard
07-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I finally got a new one like a month or so ago. I love it cus it has a built-in MP3 player! :D I just need a bigger memory card cus it doesn't hold all the songs I want. It also has a flip-out keyboard thingy. It's so cool :D

champagne supernova
07-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I got my first phone beginning of 2001, so that's 7 years ago. But in SA, if you get a contract with one of the service providers, you get a cellphone upgrade every 2 years when you renew the contract. So, I got a Sony K800i a year & a half ago, and I'm going to get an iPhone in October when I renew.

Best thing about it - I haven't paid for any of my phones!

fire_of_avalon
07-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I think I got my first cell phone at the end of 2005 because I just got a new one for recontracting last October. My current phone is a Motorola KRZR and the batter is pretty much dead. I liked it a lot at first but since the battery died (and I can't afford a new one) I'm annoyed with it.

I don't know what kind of phone I want next. I can get a discount this upcoming October (hard to believe it's been so long already!) and I might take advantage of it.

NeoTifa
07-01-2008, 11:07 PM
ive had the same phone for 3 years or so, when i got my first job :) still use it! its a samsung [insertrandomnumbershere] verizon mp3 phone with no songs on it O.o. tons of pix though! :p

Ouch!
07-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I got my first phone freshman year of high school because my parents got tired of me boring my friends' phones to call when I was done with practice or other events.

My current phone is an LG. Not exactly the prettiest thing ever, but the little guy is durable as all get out. I think it's been submerged in water three times and still functions properly.

Muhyo
07-02-2008, 09:51 AM
My first phone was when I was in primary school- year 6/7. It was an old Nokia 3220 or something like that, and it was a hand-me-down from my sister. Unfortunately it fell victim to the very same sister's foot so I got a new Nokia with event lights. It was beautiful- it had this cool game called 'Phantom Spider' and all ;_;.

But I lost it when we were moving houses- truly one of the biggest regrets of my life... seriously.

Then I got ANOTHER Nokia from my friend, the one with the camera and the radio and the oval buttons for free because it was second hand :)

Now I got a Sony Ericsson- it's got event lights, camera and what-not, but in the end as long as it works- I love my phone :up:

END LIFE STORY.

I Don't Need A Name
07-02-2008, 11:17 AM
i couldnt live without my old mobile
Nokia 6100i or something like that was my old one from about 5 years ago.
samsung's all the way :up:

Balzac
07-02-2008, 03:04 PM
I have a Nokia 6280 at the moment. I used to have a Sony Ericsson w850i until I lost it. But I get an upgrade in a few days, so I'm thinking about getting the LG Viewty or a Blackberry. But I've had a cellphone since 1995. 13 whole years.

snacks
07-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Had my celly for about 6 or 7 years.

Well not the same one, there's been many variations. Currently I'm the proud owner of an iPhone :D

It gets more use as an ipod than a phone anyways.

Clouded Sky
07-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I've had a phone for about 5 years now.

My current model is a Nokia 5300.

I hardly ever use my phone, and even if it's with me there's usually a 50/50 chance I'll pick up. It's nic efor some things but I don't like being at everyone's beck and call.

Also, I'm ditching it in September because it's not unlocked/suitable for world use, and I'll be studying in Japan for 10 months. The upside to that is that I plan on buying some super sweet Japanese cell phone.

JKTrix
07-02-2008, 04:22 PM
My current phone is the LG VX10000 (Voyager), though my previous 2 phones were Pocket PC phones. I kind of miss some of the features I had on my 'smarter' phones, but I really didn't use them enough to justify buying another one. I'm not much of a cel phone, or phone talker in general anyway.

Its primary function is to be in contact with people in an emergency when I'm not near another phone. It's permanently on Vibrate as well, since I can't have it ring at work. Don't try calling my cel when I'm at home--if I'm not wearing it, I can't feel it vibrate can I? :P And the only people who would need to call me in an emergency, I either live with or they know me well enough to call my house.

My first phone I got in '01 during my first year of college, and it was primarily for arranging my transportation around the place since I wasn't quite old enough to drive yet. After that, I would buy a new phone like every year, but that stopped in '06. I only replaced my last phone because I lost all of my contacts on it and it was kind of getting worn out anyway.

Japan phones, OMG. It's not so much the phones themselves, but the service they use over there is amazing. Too bad I can't use 'em over here!

Randgris
07-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I have a five year old Nokia 3630. But I always wanted to have a MotoRazr.

Mirage
07-02-2008, 06:30 PM
ISn't it easier to ask who doesn't have one?

Tigmafuzz
07-02-2008, 06:47 PM
hmm...
my first cell phone...
well, i found a broken, old "brick" cell phone from back in the old days out in a landfill when i was about 7 or 8. does that count?

Avarice-ness
07-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I have a razr, then bought a Blackjack II... but I returned it because I shouldn't have spent so much money on it. I seriously loved that phone though, but now I'm back to the razr.

Either way, currently my cell phone is my house phone. It was to expensive to get a land line set up, so I just use my cell, it's a lot easier and massively cheaper.

My first cell phone was with Sprint.. it was one of those crappy Sanyo phones that you get for free for signing up. Going from that to a razr was like "Ohhhhh Technology!!!". But then again, going from Sprint to Cingular was a gift from the gods.

escobert
07-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I've had a cell phone for about 4 years maybe 5 now. I have a cheap LG atm.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-02-2008, 07:31 PM
About 5 months now. *blinks* It is a pay-as-you-go plan. Sadly I get a lot of wrong numbers and fax machine-type things. It is like URGH! My friend says it is a conspiracy by Telus. I am starting to agree with her.

smittenkitten
07-02-2008, 07:33 PM
I've had too many mobiles which I've dropped, smashed, soaked, melted and murdered. :p

mooglebunni608
07-02-2008, 09:10 PM
No, I don't >< My family shares one and my brother has his own, and supposedly I'll get my own soon, but I doubt it, my sister will probably end up getting it. ><

DMKA
07-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah. Though I should really get rid of it. It's too expensive.

Mirage
07-02-2008, 09:54 PM
I don't see how just keeping a cell phone can be expensive. I'm sure there are pay as you go plans where you can spend practically nothing, and still be able to receive calls.

DMKA
07-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't see how just keeping a cell phone can be expensive. I'm sure there are pay as you go plans where you can spend practically nothing, and still be able to receive calls.

Either are expensive when you're poor. ;p

But I don't have a land line and having a cellphone is just far more convenient anyway.

Vyk
07-03-2008, 04:33 AM
I was one of the first people in my family to get a cell phone. In fact I'm only one of like 3 people right now..

I've used Alltel and Verizon (currently). Switched because Alltel screwed me over and everyone I knew had Verizon

I use an LG VX8300 right now. Which I love. What sucks is its been discontinued when its one of the best (older) phones out there. And one of the last phones to include custom text tone IDs. The newer LG phones let you set a text tone. But not specific tones for specific people the way you can with ringtones. Which sucks balls. So I'm a little leery about upgrading. Contract is up in a few months. I may switch back to Alltel (currently seemss to have the best contract deals in the states) since having a cell is mainly just for emergency purposes anymore. People stopped talking to me long ago