PDA

View Full Version : Hiccups!

Avarice-ness
07-03-2008, 06:29 AM
I used to get the hiccups alot. Like about a bout or two of hiccups atleast once a day. Now, my baby has hiccups at least 3 times a day! IT'S FREAKING ADORABLE.
My hiccups are just annoying, but her hiccups are cute. I can't wait til she's out so she can be cute and hiccuppy in person.

My hiccups sound like a 3 year olds. Just kind of a little quiet poppy sound. My babies hiccups obviously don't have sound yet (OR DO THEY!?) but I can feel and see my belly pop up for a second every 3 or 4 seconds.

I don't think I've ever heard my husband hiccup... which I think is weird.. because I've never met someone who doesn't hiccup at some point of knowing them.

Anyways, how often do you get hiccups? What do your hiccups sound like? Do you squeak? SPEAK HICCUP TALK!

Vyk
07-03-2008, 08:26 AM
You'd probably never hear me hiccup either. I only hiccup once (MAYBE twice) at a time. Which in itself is rare. And it doesn't last long. For a reason. I've learned how to conquer hiccups. And learned why there's so many home remedies for them. And I will now blast my arcane knowlege out over the internet for everyone to prosper from

Though it takes a strong mind over body kind of willpower. The problem is hiccups is an involuntary reflex. A muscle in your abdomen doing something without your permisison. But much like you can stop yourself from breathing and blinking (both involuntary muscle actions) you can stop yourself from hiccuping. Of course the diaphram isn't really something you can attune a vast amount of control over so its more like trying to negotiate with it than actually "making" it stop. The trick my friend taught me is to just think "no more hiccups" repeatedly for a minute. Concentrate on it. And it works. They stop. And go away. Which is why everyone has their own remedies. And they work for those people. Because those people believe in them. Its a placebo. And its their way of telling their hiccups to go away

Ever since I learned control I actually rarely even get them. And of course they don't last long when I do. I always found them rather annoying before I gained control :]

Avarice-ness
07-03-2008, 08:30 AM
You'd probably never hear me hiccup either. I only hiccup once (MAYBE twice) at a time. Which in itself is rare. And it doesn't last long. For a reason. I've learned how to conquer hiccups. And learned why there's so many home remedies for them. And I will now blast my arcane knowlege out over the internet for everyone to prosper from

Though it takes a strong mind over body kind of willpower. The problem is hiccups is an involuntary reflex. A muscle in your abdomen doing something without your permisison. But much like you can stop yourself from breathing and blinking (both involuntary muscle actions) you can stop yourself from hiccuping. Of course the diaphram isn't really something you can attune a vast amount of control over so its more like trying to negotiate with it than actually "making" it stop. The trick my friend taught me is to just think "no more hiccups" repeatedly for a minute. Concentrate on it. And it works. They stop. And go away. Which is why everyone has their own remedies. And they work for those people. Because those people believe in them. Its a placebo. And its their way of telling their hiccups to go away

Ever since I learned control I actually rarely even get them. And of course they don't last long when I do. I always found them rather annoying before I gained control :]

Wowee, You're like a god among men. :P

Zeldy
07-03-2008, 10:26 AM
I sometimes burp after eating bread, it's just a squeak. One of my mate's burps are rediculously loud, she'll go "hic" and then let out this really loud "ohhhhhhhh" after every hiccup. She got them in the exam hall once, everyone looked at her and loled.

Jess
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
when I get hiccups they take forever to stop! I'll hold my breath and I'll think they're gone and then when I stop holding my breath I'll just start hiccuping again! :jess:

Misfit
07-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Eric sez: LOL DO U WUNT THOS HIKUPZ??

I sez: LOL NO :(

Eric sez: THEN GIT RID OF THEM LOL WTF!

I sez: K! :3

and then they stop, just like that! ^_^

Randgris
07-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I only get hiccups when I eat, without drinking water.

BardTard
07-04-2008, 04:04 AM
When I get the hiccups I get them off and on all day. It's really annoying.