PDA

View Full Version : Which of these Square Enix rpg's do you want ported to DS/PSP?

Dragonsoul
07-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Chrono Trigger was announced to be ported to the Nintendo DS today. Square Enix is working their way through their top Snes and PS 1 rpg's to be ported over to DS and PSP, although some will probably go to DS 2 and/or PSP 2 later.

Final Fantasy IV and Dragon Quest IV-VI are announced for Usa Nintendo DS ports. Final Fantasy V and VI are almost certainly going to be announced eventually for ports to Nintendo DS for Usa. Final Fantasy VII-IX and Dragon Warrior VII, I believe will almost certainly be announced eventually for ports to Nintendo DS 2(the successor to DS). As for the other top Square Enix rpg's that came out for Snes and PS 1, I wonder which ones Square Enix and fans are most interested in getting DS/PSP ports for.

Not including the main Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest numbered titles, here are the other likely nominees for possible ports to be announced in the next few years by Square Enix, from games released originally in Usa:
Secret of Mana, Super Mario Rpg, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross.

Of those games I've only beaten the first two. I give Secret of Mana a 9/10 and Super Mario Rpg a 7/10. I'd likely give scores of at least 9/10 to the other three games though, which I haven't beaten yet. I can't choose which game I'd like ported over since I haven't beaten them all.

Which of those five games would you most like to see ported over to DS and/or PSP, or their successors, in the United States? :)

Madame Adequate
07-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Screw the US. I want to see the Chrono games in the UK. And Xenogears.

Zeromus_X
07-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Moved to General Square Enix forum.

qwertysaur
07-03-2008, 04:48 PM
I want sekien densetsu 3!

Bolivar
07-03-2008, 10:55 PM
all good choices, I'd go with either Xenogears, or Chrono Cross now that CT is being ported.

Yar
07-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Chrono Cross on PSP is definitely doable, trust me. I've hacked it over to a PSP! :p And if you wanted to put that on a UMD, it would definitely fit.

Final Fantasy V and VI are almost certainly going to be announced eventually for ports to Nintendo DS for Usa.

Source? :p
Although it'd be nice to see these two 3Dified, their likelihood is less than that of III and IV.

I'd go with Mario RPG, only because I see it the most marketable on a DS.

Germ Hamee
07-04-2008, 03:42 AM
I was going to say Mario RPG, but that's coming up on the Virtual Console so the chances of that happening are nill. Then I was going to say Xenogears, but they've got that possibly coming on the PSN, so nevermind at that too.

So I'm going with Chrono Cross.

Dragonsoul
07-04-2008, 06:04 AM
I was told in my counterpart thread of this on the FF Shrine forums that Xenogears and Super Mario RPG have been released for Playstation Network and Virtual Console, so they probably won't be released for handhelds. This leaves us with waiting for announcements for Secret of Mana, Vagrant Story, and Chrono Cross.

Of those three I think Secret of Mana would be announced first. Since it came out 7 years before the other two and was a generation previous to them. I think it'd be on DS since Sword of Mana was on the Gameboy Advance, and Square Enix would be consistent with handheld manufacturers. For Vagrant Story, I would expect that to be announced afterwards, for a possible 2010 release, ten years after the original came out. I'd expect a PSP release, since FF Tactics was ported to the PSP. Chrono Cross I'd expect to be announced third, and probably for the DS 2(successor to DS), since Chrono Trigger went to DS, and Chrono Cross is a generation later, so probably will go to DS 2. I don't expect this to be released for 3-6 years or something though.

I like this topic, and I'll buy and play Chrono Trigger for the Nintendo DS, but I hope this time they include Radical Dreamers(and the other three Satellaview games)! :)

Slothy
07-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I was going to say Mario RPG, but that's coming up on the Virtual Console so the chances of that happening are nill.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. If Nintendo and Square can release a re-release with new features and charge the full price for a new game someday, I see no reason they wouldn't do that.

Anyway, I'm going to say none of them. With Xenogears coming to the Japanese PSN (and hopefully the North American PSN) there's no need for another release. Also, I still have my copy of Chrono Cross and it works just fine. And as someone who doesn't own a DS, I don't see any need to put new releases of Mario RPG or Secret of Mana on the DS when they'd be just fine on the GBA. As for Vagrant Story, I'm nor even sure it would fit on a DS cartridge, but even still, I'd rather see it released as a Playstation Classic on the PSN.

Nifleheim7
07-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I want to see the Chrono games in the UK. And Xenogears.

Same.

Brennan
07-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Super Mario RPG
BTW, Geno's awesome

Yar
07-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Super Mario RPG
BTW, Geno's awesome

Yes, he is.

That is probably my #2 most-played game (after Final Fantasy IV). It's from where I get my namesake! :D

Kenshin IV
07-06-2008, 07:07 AM
How about a game that never made it over here... Like Seiken Densetsu 3. The best of the Mana games.

Of course, I will take a hand held Xenogears port with absolutely no lip whatsoever. Mmmmmm... Xenogears.

Dragonsoul
07-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Seiken Densetsu 3 will probably get ported to DS eventually. :)

Avarice-ness
07-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana) AND Seiken Densetsu 3 for DS.

It's be really nice for SD3 to have an american release, a portable one no less.

Vermachtnis
07-09-2008, 03:45 AM
Secret of Mana. Only because that's the only one of those I haven't played.

Queen Anthai
07-11-2008, 06:56 AM
OH GOD YES SECRET OF MANA. :love:

I wish they'd do something with the Soul Blazer/Illusion Of Gaia/Terranigma trilogy, though. I'd love to play IoG and read, you know, dialogue that makes sense. :)

Dragonsoul
07-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Secret of Mana I highly believe will be ported over, should be soon and for the DS. I don't know about the other three games, maybe not popular enough for a remake.

By the way, did Enix stop making rpg's that aren't Dragon Quest? What happened to their other development teams that made all their other rpg's? Terranigma was a 8/10 game, it was great. The first part was very great!

Rostum
07-14-2008, 08:23 AM
They'd all be great, but I'd love Chrono Cross to be ported to PSP the most. Absolutely love that game; probably the most gorgeous game on the PS1.

Heath
07-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Screw the US. I want to see the Chrono games in the UK. And Xenogears.

Vyk
07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I need to get a PSP. So I can rip and play portable Xenogears :}

And I swear I heard that Mana was being brought over. Maybe it was just an article talking about ones that should be. Since its a no-brainer for multiplay

Also it should be noted that there's a difference between a port and a remake for a new system