PDA

View Full Version : How do you avoid the massive difficulty in this game?

Peter_20
07-03-2008, 07:24 PM
This game gets ridiculously hard once you enter the Warship, and then it stays that way.
The reason is - status effects!
How on earth am I supposed to survive when the monsters keep throwing STON8 and other crap that always hits?
I've tried increasing the Status Defense for all characters, but they still get inflicted like, a lot.

The worst dungeon is hands down the Whirlwind - if you don't flood the Item list with Softs, you're doomed.

Don't tell me I have to train Status Defense for five hours every time I replay the game. -.-

rubah
07-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Cast status cures outside of battle whenever possible for +2 funtime.

Nog
07-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Try travelling to Mysidia via Chocobo, and buy as many of the high-powered weapons and spells that you can afford. Even at the time of entering the Warship the equipment you can purchase in Mysidia is a big improvement on the gear you'll have at that point of the game. You can then lower the challenge of the game greatly.

As well as what rubah mentioned, you can also cast HEAL on an unaffected party member for a +1 increase.

Bolivar
09-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Play the GBA/PSP version, it's quite fun.

SABR
09-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Get the HEAL/Esuna spell to lv 5 and you're good.

This game was meant to be very difficult. You can't get around it. I've only beaten the original once, and I'll quite possibly never do it again.

I Don't Need A Name
09-28-2008, 04:54 PM
am i the only one who found this game quite easy after beating the 1st boss?

Peter_20
09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
am i the only one who found this game quite easy after beating the 1st boss?Yes. O_O
I thought the game became harder and harder.

Most dungeons in the later parts of the game are downright dangerous: if you survive the overpowered enemies, you will die during a sub-boss battle, or get lost in the dungeon, or run out of necessary items, or lose all MP, or get bored, or die during the main boss fight.
And if you survive all that, you still might die on your way to a town.

I Don't Need A Name
09-30-2008, 08:40 PM
i might have just got really annoyed at the start that i just over levelled.
i cant remember cause it was ages ago

Nagumo
10-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Just raise your evasion to 16 - 99% and no physical attack will hit you once = game becomes incredible easy.

Markus. D
10-23-2008, 03:40 AM
Try travelling to Mysidia via Chocobo, and buy as many of the high-powered weapons and spells that you can afford. Even at the time of entering the Warship the equipment you can purchase in Mysidia is a big improvement on the gear you'll have at that point of the game. You can then lower the challenge of the game greatly.

As well as what rubah mentioned, you can also cast HEAL on an unaffected party member for a +1 increase.

This would be the best way to go about it :D

hhr1dluv
11-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Casting spells outside of battle counts for leveling? That seems odd somehow. :/

The Last Oath
11-21-2008, 01:25 PM
yer, i agree, very hard. next time i play im gonna over level

beema
08-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Play the GBA/PSP version, it's quite fun.

2nd'ed

There were still a few challenging portions but I think they made it much more enjoyable by stepping down the difficulty.
Sure, a challenge is nice, but not when it drives you to the point of pure frustration. Why bother playing a game that does that?

Crimson
08-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Toad and Mini make this game pathetically easy.

Shiny
08-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Beema and Crimsom, this thread is a bit too old. Let it wash away. If you wish to discuss this topic further, you can always make a new thread.