PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter IV

JKTrix
07-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Game's officialy out in Japanese arcades a little later this month (and will also be at San Diego's Comic Con and Evolution 2008), but 1up has some kind of cutscene from the game on their site.

GameVideos.com - Street Fighter IV 'Akuma vs. Ryu' Video (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19782)

I had heard about them using animated cutscenes for different things, though I have no clue where this would fit in to the game.

The thing at the end was pretty exciting for me. He punched a waterfall!

Dreddz
07-04-2008, 05:00 PM
It would be nice if I could have a chance of playing Street Fighter IV in an arcade but there practically non-existant in England. I need more info on the home versions until I truely become excited for this game.

And I really hope they keep story down to a minimum. I dont mind say a CG cutscene here and there but overblown anime cutscenes is too much. I felt that cutscene with Akuma and Ryu was too long and stupid.

Also to my disappointment they didnt keep the artstyle shown in the first trailer for the cutscenes. 4 minutes of that is fine with me.

JKTrix
07-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Some further digging around reveals that this trailer was shown to the press some time ago. This scene doesn't actually happen 'in the game', it was more of an idea as to what the game's cutscenes will look like. So in that sense, it's possible that Akuma and Sheng Long (the waterfall puncher) won't be in SF4 at all.

DK
07-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Looks awesome, hope they are like that in the game.

Christmas
04-20-2022, 06:17 AM
Not bad (although i did not really play it)!! I watched ppl play it in the arcade back in those days. Really bring back the joy of street fighting. :bigsmile:

tidus79
04-21-2022, 06:56 PM
Looks pretty cool!