PDA

View Full Version : Gaming buddies

Nifleheim7
07-04-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm sad to say that none of my friends are interested in games anymore,at least as much as i am...:cry:Well,my best friend (who was the one that originally got me into gaming) still plays some casual pc games but he's not really interested anymore.
I knew another one who was very into games but it's been 2 years since we lost contact.
So anyway,do you have any real life friends who you can play and talk about games with?

Laddy
07-04-2008, 07:09 PM
All of my friends play games.

Dreddz
07-04-2008, 07:12 PM
I can talk casually about games with alot of people at my college, but that only goes as far as Gears of War and GTA. Only a few people I know have similer interests in games as I do, and that number has dwindled in the past few years. The proud crowd of Neo-Geo enthusiasts I once knew have either moved on or I have lost contact with over time.

Vermachtnis
07-04-2008, 07:22 PM
A lot of my friends play games and we talk about games and junk alot. But we don't really seem to play games together alot. Whenever we're at someones house the conversation is "So now what?" "I dunno."

Brennan
07-04-2008, 08:08 PM
All of my friends are into other games than RPGs except one

JKTrix
07-04-2008, 08:18 PM
All of my friends are into nothing but RPGs except me.

escobert
07-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Most of my friends play video games in some way shape or form.

Jessweeee♪
07-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Yep n.n

Most of my friends play the same games as me. That's pretty much how I make friends S:

o_O
07-05-2008, 12:09 AM
My friends sit around and play Pacman a lot. It's kind of weird.

Caraliz
07-05-2008, 12:55 AM
I could never find friends that played video games. I dunno. I wish I had gamer buddies. And even my boyfriend doesn't play the same games as I do. ;_;

LunarWeaver
07-05-2008, 02:49 AM
I've never had an offline friend that played games D: I have a few multi-player games, but barely any, whereas I have this huge collection of single-player games. They mock me from my shelf.

Markus. D
07-05-2008, 06:30 AM
I've never had an offline friend that played games D: I have a few multi-player games, but barely any, whereas I have this huge collection of single-player games. They mock me from my shelf.

What Lunar said =]]]]]]

Tavrobel
07-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Myself and a particular band of online friends have infested a portion of the forums. However, most of the gamers I knew in real life first are generally not RPG players.

CimminyCricket
07-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Myself and a particular band of online friends have infested a portion of the forums. However, most of the gamers I knew in real life first are generally not RPG players.

Madame Adequate
07-06-2008, 03:01 PM
There are plenty of people I know who I can talk about Halo or GTA or Guitar Hero with, but I only know one guy who I can talk about gaming properly with, reminiscing about Mega Drive games and shiet, discussing them not as an occasional pastime but as an actual art form.

Rostum
07-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Well all my gaming friends are mainly online. At university there are a lot of gaming nerds, but honestly, I haven't seen any hint of actual good gaming taste from them, so I don't bother to talk about games to them. A lot of people in Australia are fairly ignorant about video games, especially RPG's.

However, the majority of my friends made in high school and my last university course are more into music, composing and remixing, etc. So I find joy in chatting about all that stuff.

Cz
07-07-2008, 12:27 AM
I've got a good group of gaming friends. They're not exactly "Hardcore", but then neither am I. We play together regularly, and we all know our stuff to a degree, so I think we probably count as Gaming Buddies. :p

Germ Hamee
07-07-2008, 03:41 AM
I have a lot of friends that are pretend video game players. As in, they keep up with news of the big-name-games and amiably chat with me about them... but secretly haven't really played or beaten a game since childhood. Like my friend who bought a PS3 the day of release, purchased a launch game he never opened, and a year later found out at my house that there's a Playstation Store. I don't get it, but whatever.

But I do have at least one friend that comes over regularly and is all too pleased to watch me play games, or join in on something multiplayer. And most of even my pretend gamer friends own DS's and love to get together for a Tetris DS tournament. So it's not too bad.

Gogo
07-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Many of my friends play video games. None of them are as interested in them as me, though, but that's okay. I'm used to knowing more about nerdy stuff like music, movies and video games than my friends do anyways.

Zeromus_X
07-07-2008, 07:20 PM
All of my friends play games.

Zeldy
07-07-2008, 11:46 PM
All of my friends play video games, but not proper video games. I mean, I love my guitar hero, mario kart and so on, but they arn't proper proper games, so I have friends that casually play. Like one has Mario Kart on the wii, and even said that she'd never played on single player and not unlocked any characters, I was so confused how she could do that!

Whereas I'll happily sit and spend a whole day on an RPG, and Zelda games are obviously my favourites! :jess:

So no, I don't really have any gaming buddies as such, even if we do play I absolutely pwn them so bad xD

Miriel
07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
The only video game that most of my girl friends play is Cooking Mama. :p

The only people IRL that I discuss games with or play games with is my boyfriend or my cousin. I don't really care though. I'm not hardcore, I'm an extremely casual game player. I dunno what I'm even doing on this site.

Værn
07-08-2008, 12:07 AM
My friends never want to play anything other than Warcraft 3, Call of Duty, and Hellgate London. I have no problem with WC3, but FPS games are absolutely no fun at all when Joe plays CoD 24/7 and I don't have a single shooter for computer. I'd be glad to start playing Hellgate, but my computer can't support it x_X

Bunny
07-08-2008, 03:19 AM
I have a friend that I talk to WoW about the majority of the time. Other than that, my girlfriend is into Golden Sun and other not-so-difficult video games and her sister is starting to get into Final Fantasy.

Aside from that, not really.

Rostum
07-08-2008, 04:55 AM
All of my friends play video games, but not proper video games.I mean, I love my guitar hero, mario kart and so on, but they arn't proper proper games

Except that those games have all the game design elements that make up a "proper" game.

Lionx
07-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Yep, but varies in the sense of time. I have my hardcore fighting game friends that i play with around here as well as some that play the same MMO as me(FFXI), and also some that just play casually if not at all. Some just play multiplayer games when i am around, and nothing much else. Not everyone has as much time these days as you get older so i guess thats normal. In the end though, some very hardcore, some casual, and some not much at all. But all of my friends play them in one fashion or another.

Zeldy
07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
All of my friends play video games, but not proper video games.I mean, I love my guitar hero, mario kart and so on, but they arn't proper proper games

Except that those games have all the game design elements that make up a "proper" game.

True, but I consider difficult and puzzling games "proper games", something with a story line and characters that needs you to use your skill to complete it etc, anybody can hit notes on guitar hero.

I'm not calling them or anything, I'm a total Rock Band addict :p

Old Manus
07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Mostly, but I don't play games all the time anymore either

Depression Moon
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I just wish I had friends

scrumpleberry
07-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Quite a few of my friends are very very casual gamers, a couple are like me (not quite casual, but nearly), and I have one friend who is a HARDCOOOOAR GAMAR.