PDA

View Full Version : What type of place do you live in

loinharte
07-05-2008, 01:09 AM
We will talk about the living enviroment in your town here, is it slow and boring, or fast and fun, or nothing to do, or lots to do, no where to go, a lot of places to go.

In my town it is slow and boring no where to go and nothing to do. A lot of peps do drugs:mad:, not me i just play FF, me do stupid stuff for fun like jackass stuff. Thats my town.

Leeza
07-05-2008, 02:57 AM
My town is extremely slow and boring. Unless you like to fish, that is. :cat:

Balzac
07-05-2008, 03:03 AM
If you're into the clubbing scene I guess my city is ok, It's way over priced though. If not, it's crap and there isn't much to do.

Rye
07-05-2008, 03:17 AM
I live in a small rich boring white bubble of a town. :monster:

theundeadhero
07-05-2008, 03:48 AM
Military post in the middle of nowhere, Germany.

Kirobaito
07-05-2008, 04:10 AM
I live in two different places.

At home, home, I live in a very large city in a very large metropolitan area that has everything one would ever "need." I live in a relatively safe and nice outside, middle-class part of town.

My other home is one of the armpits of the world. For a city with over 100,000 people, it has one, very small music store. It's an absolute hole in the ground. The only things we're known for is David Koresh's Branch Davidian Compound, and being close to George Bush's house.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-05-2008, 05:19 AM
A pretty big city. Basically, there is something for everyone. Right now there is the Jazz Festival winding down and the Fantasia film festival is starting. There is always plenty to do here. The borough I live in is quiet, but not too quiet. Plenty of traffic and such so you do not feel like you are in the middle of nowhere and far enough from downtown that you can get some peace and quiet. It is also near a cemetery which is nice for afternoon walks. Downtown is no more than 20 minutes by bus, 10 is you are lucky or a mere 30 minute walk (downhill).

Vermachtnis
07-05-2008, 05:22 AM
A small town. There's really not a whole lot to do around here. Main Street has a lot of attractions, but nothing that interests me though. But everyone here is pretty nice.

rubah
07-05-2008, 05:52 AM
Pottsvegas is a slow sort of town where the people spend their time doing their thing, visiting folks, but not generally causing much of a ruckus. It's not exciting enough to cause a ruckus in.

The most memorable thing I've heard someone say about it was my mom saying when she was a kid all the adults were drunk and all the kids were high. There's just not much else to do.

Lot of people go to church, have gardens, drive a long ways off to work, work for big factory corporations.

But the housing bubble put in way too many tracts of developed land where before there were thousands of trees and now the houses are there to stay, empty scars of a greedy boil.

Shoeberto
07-05-2008, 06:01 AM
My town is kind of a poophole. The politicians that run it have done stuff to really mess up our school system and economy (factories have been leaving because of restrictions imposed by the city, leaving many without jobs). It's really a place that's going nowhere and I don't terribly care to live here aside from seeing my family, who are all pretty awesome people tbh.

Mogi
07-05-2008, 06:02 AM
My town is rather small.
Everyone here talks with a southern accent, has a rebel flag on their 4-wheel-drive, goes fishing, goes hunting, and knows more than you.

Except me, because I basically just moved here.
I refuse to conform!
>:[

I need saving.
=[

leader of mortals
07-05-2008, 06:21 AM
I live in a place where there arent many people who are my age. There are a few younger kids around but only a couple that are my age. I dont really go out often though. I know that a few blocks away the people that go to my bus stop for school live there, but most of them are pot heads:eep:

DMKA
07-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Tiny hick town, consisting of gas stations, the Chickasaw Nation HQ, and a Wal Mart Super Center.

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Used to be boring. still is. It once used to be peaceful, but know its had an economic uproar in the past 5 years and is so packed with people and the traffic is aweful aand irritating.

Samuraid
07-05-2008, 09:50 AM
My town is cool. It stays pretty quiet and doesn't get too busy, the weather generally remains very temperate, and there are a lot of cool places to go.

Jiro
07-05-2008, 10:01 AM
There's crap all in my town. The council told a bunch of businesses to close up shop and move cause they want Glasshouse Mountains to be a small town. Not to mention I live away from the main parts of town. But it's crap, everything is happening in the next town over, Beerwah, or in one of the bigger cities.

Arc_Master_14
07-05-2008, 10:17 AM
I live in a small rich boring white bubble of a town. :monster: Do you live in the Napa ,CA area cuz that sounds exactly like my home place. Especially the white part, not the small part we're mediumish, but our high school of ~4K has maybe 3K white people. yea crazy

Zeldy
07-05-2008, 11:31 AM
My town isn't too bad, the night life is meant to be boss and the town centre isn't too bad. Though it's best if you like Rugby, as our Rugby team is the best in the country or something (I don't even follow it~). It's also great if you're Christian, as my town is the most Christian town in the UK with it being 98% white or something.

We're in the perfect place though, bus rides away from Wigan, Southport and Liverpool and train rides to Manchester, Blackpool etc.

DMKA
07-05-2008, 12:50 PM
It's also great if you're Christian, as my town is the most Christian town in the UK with it being 98% white or something.

Are only white people Christians in the UK or something?

Rye
07-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I live in a small rich boring white bubble of a town. :monster: Do you live in the Napa ,CA area cuz that sounds exactly like my home place. Especially the white part, not the small part we're mediumish, but our high school of ~4K has maybe 3K white people. yea crazy

Nope, I live in downstate New York.

My school's graduating class was 250 kids, of which, two were black, maybe 3 were asian, and a handful were latino. So yeah. My town basically consists of Italian/Irish/German Catholics.

Madame Adequate
07-05-2008, 02:03 PM
My city is a rundown http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifpile. It's full of chavs and criminals and worse. The only remotely interesting thing in the whole region is the National Space Center, otherwise it's completely without merit or redemption.

Peegee
07-05-2008, 02:53 PM
i live in an azn environment there's azn stuff all over the walls and when i wake up i look at an azn in the mirror every day i love azns soooooo much azns are great ^_^ I am soooo azn my name is Mike Azn Chan Chong.

Loony BoB
07-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Edinburgh is wonderful. The only downside to it is that it's freaking cold during the winter and I dislike the very limited daylight hours during winter. Other than that, it's got good people, loads of things to do and places to go, decent pay, expensive housing prices but you can get around that - half a dozen initiatives to allow lower income people to get onto the housing ladder were started in this region over the past five or so years, and I'm on one of them myself. The festivals are also great - the film festival (including world/UK premieres of such films as Wall-E and the Edge of Love) just finished but the real fun will begin in August when the city doubles in population (literally, due to tourism) as the world's largest arts festival rolls into town, and the streets fill with quality buskers and so forth. It's a beautiful (http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-191501819-edinburgh_vacations-i-action-pictures-tgphotoid-597237?fromiy=1) city to be in, too, with good public transport at a decent price. Hooray!

Blue Harvest
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
My town is so boring there's nothing to do except drink. There are like, 8 pubs in the town centre. Pub crawls are a regular occurance for 16-25 year olds.

Heath
07-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I jokingly call my village the "'hood of North Wales" due to its reputation for being a bit rough. A lot of council housing, drug users, chavs and vandalism about. As part of a larger town, it just stands out as being the worst part of town. North Wales in general is very sleepy and backwater with not a lot ever happening. Just a lot of pensioners and tourists and I never know which I dislike more. I suppose the fact that the village is a place without any tourist destinations keeps it quiet though. North Wales can be very picturesque and scenic in places, but where I live is not. The Welsh village where I lived previously up in the hills was much more scenic. Also the place name means "Pig Town" in Welsh, which doesn't make it any better. That's to do with its connection to the Mabinogion legend though.

Jess
07-05-2008, 03:39 PM
I live in a large village, with a population of around 9500. The public transport is terrible. It's famous for its jam and marmalade and other preserves. There is not much to do, but it's not a far drive from Colchester or Chelmsford which are two busy towns. :jess:

Randgris
07-05-2008, 06:08 PM
A subdivision. Boring.

Kirobaito
07-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Edinburgh is wonderful. The only downside to it is that it's freaking cold during the winter and I dislike the very limited daylight hours during winter. Other than that, it's got good people, loads of things to do and places to go, decent pay, expensive housing prices but you can get around that - half a dozen initiatives to allow lower income people to get onto the housing ladder were started in this region over the past five or so years, and I'm on one of them myself. The festivals are also great - the film festival (including world/UK premieres of such films as Wall-E and the Edge of Love) just finished but the real fun will begin in August when the city doubles in population (literally, due to tourism) as the world's largest arts festival rolls into town, and the streets fill with quality buskers and so forth. It's a beautiful (http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-191501819-edinburgh_vacations-i-action-pictures-tgphotoid-597237?fromiy=1) city to be in, too, with good public transport at a decent price. Hooray!
;-; Oh God I can't wait. Even though I'll miss all the festivals.

CimminyCricket
07-06-2008, 01:22 AM
I live in Hawaii. You'd think that Hawaii would be a fun and great place to live, right? Wrong. This terrible group of islands is located directly above Hell and all of Hell's hellish hellishness is leaking up into Hawaii.

Hawaii is terrible.

Jessweeee♪
07-06-2008, 01:22 AM
It's a nice city to be a kid in, but not so great for adult life I hear.

Roxxas
07-06-2008, 01:25 AM
I live in the absolute middle of no where. The only thing within miles of my house is a couple other houses with no one living in them and a nudist/hippie colony.

duckie
07-06-2008, 02:37 AM
I live in redneck-ville. The only thing to do around here is go "mudding", fishing, or bowling.

Yamaneko
07-06-2008, 04:39 AM
I live in Los Angeles, CA.

BardTard
07-06-2008, 04:58 AM
The street that I live on is very deserted and yet very noisy. There's never anything to do over here. Everybody in the towns I live in (I live right smack dab on a border) gets drunk every day and does stupid crap. They're either boring or they have stupid fun. I prefer good clean smart fun. Like checking out "haunted" houses.

So when my only friend in a 50-mile radius can't do anything, I sit alone on the computer, EoFFing and talking to my other friends who are very far away.

rubah
07-06-2008, 05:09 AM

my high school of 400 has 395 white people.

~*~Celes~*~
07-06-2008, 05:52 AM
I live in a small town where there are two neighborhood busy-bodies and they're ANNOYING.

The neighbor next door is a bitter old lady who's always finding SOMETHING to complain about about our family. She called the dog warden because our dogs don't have tags, and that's because we don't have the money to get tags. So dad got fined and had to buy tags. He did. They got lost but we just don't have the money to replace.

Then, two houses down from that lady is another lady who's in her 40s somewhere with two sons by two different guys. She lives with the father of the second kid and they were engaged but she made him mad somehow and so he threw the ring in her face, but they still live together...sleep in separate bedrooms, but live together. :confused:

Anywho, the first son is my little brother matthew's age (13-14ish) and him and matthew are friends. He's an ok kid, just kind of...annoying sometimes. But he's ok. The second kid is my sister tiffany's age (7) and really bossy towards my sisters. He hits his mom if she doesn't give him his way and he's very rude and annoying.

Mom was friends with this woman until one night when she went to tell her about how her youngest son Daniel (the 7 year old) was bossing my sisters around. She said "I have enough to deal with in my life...I don't need this http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif from your kid too." the lady just kinda looked away with a "I don't care. Shut up." look on her face and my mom said "I know, no one gives a http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif." and so this lady went on and on about something totally unrelated...and mentioned to my mom how stupid she is for letting me go off to England. My mom's no longer friends with her because on top of all this, she uses my mom as a babysitter (Without telling her that she's babysitting. she just tells her son to come over whenever she has something to do or somewhere to be and refuses to call my mom and ask or anything), and she's a total snob to my mom too. She's all nicey-nice to my dad though and even invites him down to her house for drinks and stuff.

So yeah...couple of nights ago she was lecturing my dad for letting me go to England.

Why doesn't she just talk to me herself and tell me how stupid I am for going or whatever? She's srsly convinced Alan's gonna sell me off as a prostitute and that he sells our conversations on the internet for money or something like that. She's a crazy wacko.

Ah, the story of my life.

Tallulah
07-06-2008, 10:39 AM
The 'city' I live in is only classed as a city as it has a cathedral, which I don't live too far from.

snacks
07-06-2008, 03:37 PM
pretty boring part of town, i live in the "bottoms" (as they call it around here) and yeah, it's like a two road culda-sac circle kind of thing and everyone's lived here for years.

Pretty boring aside from the occasional ambulence, firetruck stop by.

Iceglow
07-07-2008, 02:07 AM
I live in East London, until about a month ago I lived in North London. Where I grew up in North London is really quiet and sleepy though recently the crime rate there has been on the increase due to neighbouring areas which are really crap. Whetstone is full of parks and trees, seriously if you didn't know that some of our roads run down the valley between two hills there and up the others you could look at the next hill in Whetstone and think "wow, it's a forest!"

In East London where I live now, there are very few trees, a soaring crime rate and a very fractured community. I say fractured because you have the black people, the white people, the polish people and the islamic people. All are classed differently. I guess I am somewhat odd since I live in a house with a lot of Polish people in even though technically I am half Polish a lot of people see me as English. I don't like East London at all and would love to be living in Whetstone again. However needs must and I wanted to leave my Mothers asap (we just cannot get along) and I liked the thought of living with my Girlfriend. We hope to move in to a new place soon even though physically the house we live in is really rather nice. We have a big room with a stylish lounge/diner/Kitchen downstairs and a fair size bathroom. The atmosphere here however sadly is not so pleasant most of the people living here do not get along cordially I don't even understand half the arguments since they tend to have them in Polish but I can feel tension in the air a lot. This week whilst my girlfriend has been in Poland seeing her family I have actually been spoken to by someone living here 1 time, that was to "remind me, it's my turn to clean this weekend" like I could do that at 22:22!

We'd like to move in to a place in the Bond Street region since from there both of us can walk it to work without any hassle thus dropping our monthly travel fees by £110 to £0. However if we cannot find suitable lodgings in the Bond Street region I'd love to move to Whetstone and have my own place there since I feel really out of sorts here in the concrete bare maze of Canning Town East London.

London itself is a pretty good city to live in, you've got plenty of pubs, clubs, museums, theatres, cinemas, bowling alleys, ice rinks, swimming pools...you name it we've probably got it. However London is also very expensive to live in. Double bedsits will cost around £200 at the lowest end of the market and you can guarantee that one at that price will not be stylishly decorated.

NeoTifa
07-07-2008, 03:08 AM
my town sucks!!!! that is, if you dont like the stink of skunk and animal manure, being slowed down by tractors, being bored, and having the rep of being the school with the most teen pregos/druggies/a-holes.

Gogo
07-07-2008, 01:33 PM
I live in a small town, where almost everybody knows everybody. So, as you can imagine not a whole lot happens around here.

Miriel
07-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I dunno how you guys can stand to live in areas that are so homogeneous. The town I grew up in was like 30% Asian, 30% Hispanic, 20% mixed or other races and 20% white. I loved the diversity.

Until very recently, I lived in an apartment near downtown Los Angeles. It was ghetto. But I lived very very close to some great Korean and Mexican food places so that made it worthwhile. LA has it's faults, but at least there's plenty to do and see and eat around here.

I've moved back to my hometown which is a tiny tiny suburban town outside LA. It's about a mile long in radius, and I love it here. It's my home. <3

NeoTifa
07-07-2008, 09:05 PM
78% of my town is mexican 20% white 2% other (african american/azn)

Jojee
07-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I live in Wisconsin and 90% of the people around me are white. At least. It actually shocked me because when I went to visit my friend in U-Penn, most people were not white. White people were definitely in the minority! It was so diverse, it actually made me uncomfortable because it was so out of my usual experience. :o I had no idea I would feel that way, too!

Dr. Acula
07-08-2008, 07:56 AM
I live in the fast food capital of New Zealand, pretty much. That's all this place is known for. There is absolutely nothing to do here unless you want a cheeseburger. Most people here know each other, and/or are related, but since I'm relatively new here (only live here for about 2 years) I'm considered an outsider.

There are only two relatively interesting things that have happened here recently. Someone got robbed and someone got stabbed.

loinharte
07-08-2008, 06:35 PM

Nope, I live in downstate New York.

My school's graduating class was 250 kids, of which, two were black, maybe 3 were asian, and a handful were latino. So yeah. My town basically consists of Italian/Irish/German Catholics.

sounds like my hometown my sis graduating class was like 175 or just over 200

loinharte
07-08-2008, 06:41 PM

i love Edinburgh, Scotland i live in America but my hgeritage is scotish i've always wanted to visit Edinburgh