PDA

View Full Version : Derailing Threads

Yar
07-05-2008, 04:38 AM
I'm guilty of this quite often.

Do you typically derail threads from their original subject? I will get interested in something mentioned in the thread or I'll crack a joke and then the thread's subject changes. Then I feel guilty for unintentionally having done so. So if I have ruined on of your threads by diluting its subject, I apologize and here's your chance to exact revenge! :radred:

Discuss: Ways you tend to destroy threads and otherwise. :)

The Unknown Guru
07-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Make a long-shot comparison to Hitler/Nazis. That always sends things down the drain very, very quickly.

Momiji
07-05-2008, 05:05 AM
I may say something off-topic, but that's often in Gen. Chat only. I really don't mind if threads are derailed in GC. However, in any other forum, thread derailers are the scum of the earth. *spiteful*

Vermachtnis
07-05-2008, 05:10 AM
I do it all the time. Useally accedentally though. I just completely miss the point of the topic. Like this one time in another forum they asked for help beating a boss, but before anyone could help him I turned the topic into something about him being old! Like almost 30.

strawberryman
07-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Derailing Trains is more fun. ...the model ones, of course.

In fact, trains are fun unless they're blocking traffic.

Misfit
07-05-2008, 07:17 AM
I have to highlight everything you type because I can't read it with my forum skin. :(

Randgris
07-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Oh the thought of a train getting derailed is quite shocking indeed.

What? I'm off the topic? Oh, I thought the thread title read derailing trains. Sorry, my bad.

Madame Adequate
07-05-2008, 07:15 PM
This is what it's like when you whine about thread derails IRL:

Guy1: Hey guys, what up? Did you watch show X last night?
Guy2: Yeah, I caught most of it. It was pretty good.
Guy1: I want to say it was the best this season, but I dunno if I can, it had some weaknesses.
Guy3: Oh, I missed it. What weaknesses?
Guy2: Well, Joe acted a bit out of character, according to some. But there was a big revelation, Catherine's pregnant, and some people were mad it wasn't better telegraphed.
Chick: Oh yeah, I remember when show Y did that same kind of thing, it ticked me off.
Guy3: Oh, hahaha yeah, that sucked.
Guy2: Man that was retarded. But then again, Y did that kind of thing all the time, you just got used to it.
Guy1: EXCUSE ME WHAT THE SMURF, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE SHOW I WATCHED LAST NIGHT?

(apologies to ls but I didn't feel like going to copypasta)

Quindiana Jones
07-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I take Psychotic's posts as signs that I should start derailing threads.

Best derail ever, IMHO, is my 10+ multi-post. That was gorgeous.