PDA

View Full Version : my porte-monnaie is a. . .

rubah
07-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Do you carry your money in a
Wallet
purse
pouch
money clip
gunny sack
coin rolls
robot
pocket
your butthole

I've carried a wallet since I started taking money around with me. It was just something I did. I knew I didn't want to carry a purse and that I did want a wallet. I don't even remember my reasoning now, but it's completely normal to think of. My wallets don't tend to be as thick as other ahem, men's. Stu's is probably twice as thick. I've never lost a wallet yet, but I have had then slide out of my pockets a lot.

My friend's mom asked me one time if I didn't feel vulnerable, not being able to carry pads or tampons around (although she didn't say those exact words) and really I don't.

Sometimes I carry a purse because I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to be able to carry easily, but usually not. sometimes I carry a purse so I can wear my wallet and not worry about it getting stolen 8)

My wallet has $1 in it right now.

Kes
07-06-2008, 02:54 AM
Normally I'm in cargo shorts or pants and therefore I keep my money in my pockets or my wallet which is in my pocket. My reasoning is it's much harder to forget one's pants than it is one's purse.

That being said, I do use purses, or other bags to carry my money in if I lack pockets. If I lack purses and pockets I keep it in my sock/shoe, if I lack a shoe, I keep it in my bra. I have yet to be in a situation where I need another alternative.

Psychotic
07-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Wallet and pockets.

duckie
07-06-2008, 02:58 AM
I carry my money in my wallet....when I actually have money to spend....which is about 5% of the time.

Ramza Beoulve
07-06-2008, 03:05 AM
I usually carry my money in my pockets, but lately I have been hiding it in the most unexpected place possible :jokey:

My cap

blackmage_nuke
07-06-2008, 03:06 AM
Paper money in my jacket pocket with zippers, coins in my pants pocket or jacket pocket.

If i have a backpack at the time i usually put it in there too.

rubah
07-06-2008, 03:32 AM
the thing about keeping money in your bra is that it gets kinda embarassing when you need to buy something

I definitely used to keep pencils in my socks though. Those were the days.

Lawr
07-06-2008, 03:35 AM
I store it in my cheeks like a chipmunk. Occasionally, a bill or two might slip down the ol' esophagus but I'm fine with the Taste of Death every now and then.

Kes
07-06-2008, 03:41 AM
the thing about keeping money in your bra is that it gets kinda embarassing when you need to buy something

I definitely used to keep pencils in my socks though. Those were the days.

True, depending on where I am and whom I am with. Normally that money is kind of "in case of emergency". Also, I keep my cell phone in my bra as well if needed, and it's much more embarrassing when someone calls and my shirt lights up as if I'm Iron Man*. >.>

*With much larger boobs.

Jess
07-06-2008, 04:26 AM
Isn't a wallet just the same as a purse? Or is that just here? :jess:

Besides, I carry my money, bank cards, drivers license and such around in my purse, and my purse goes inside my handbag/bag.

The only time I don't use a purse and handbag is if I'm out in bars/clubs and I don't want to lose things, and then the monies goes in a clutch bag/pocket/bra but it depends which. Only crappy thing about carring money in the bra is when you spend the notes and you get a load of change. THEN wear are you supposed to put it?! :jess:

Mogi
07-06-2008, 04:34 AM
WTF?
MONEY?
Wallet

rubah
07-06-2008, 04:36 AM
Isn't a wallet just the same as a purse? Or is that just here? :jess:

purses have straps and don't typically fit into your back jean pocket! I guess what you call a handbag.

BardTard
07-06-2008, 05:00 AM
Debit card. In my purse. I have this cute little black and purple lacy thing I sometimes put my change in though, and if I ever make a withdrawal from an ATM I put the bill in my pocket.

Vermachtnis
07-06-2008, 05:19 AM
I keep all my money in my debit card. I don't carry any physical money. It's in my wallet.

Momiji
07-06-2008, 05:21 AM
I carry around a few small bills (Usually a $10, a couple of $5s and a few $1s) and the rest is on my debit card.

Balzac
07-06-2008, 05:53 AM
For paper money I use my wallet, change just goes in my pocket.

Denmark
07-06-2008, 07:02 PM
I hate carrying change. So that goes in my pocket till I get home and can throw it onto my desk. Eventually I'll probably throw all that in some coin rolls or something and actually do something with it.

My paper money goes in me wallet in me pocket.

Leeza
07-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Denmark, your sig is awesome and I might steal it from you at some point in time. :) *steals is now*

I have a purse because I have to always carry keys, etc. around all the time as well and just one debit card won't do for all of my shopping. I almost never have pockets so a purse it has to be. Depending on where I go though and if I need my hands free, sometimes I have a very small purse that I put over my neck on a very thin strap that will hold only a few cards and my phone.

Zeldy
07-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I think I have a wallet, well it's like a wallet-type purse. It's insanely impractical though, it's really hard to get any money in. I usually squish my notes in by folding them up, and my change just goes in my wallet or in my pocket. All my cards and those things you get stamped in coffee shops go in these little compartments. I always carry a bag with me, always, and in that is my makeup, phone, cigs, keys, wallet :jess:

theundeadhero
07-06-2008, 07:18 PM
I shove it in my pockets all disorganized so when I have to spend it I make a mess unfolding bills to see what they are and stuff.

Yar
07-06-2008, 07:19 PM
RUBAH! Did you know "porte-monnaie" is also used in German? Now you know.

I use my front pocket. If one isn't present I use my shoe's heel.

scrumpleberry
07-06-2008, 09:28 PM
A handbag with a bunch of crap normally including makeups, mobile, glasses, piepod, notebook&writingimplement and a purse inside.

FO' AMURICANS: A purse with a bunch of crap normally including makeups, mobile, glasses, piepod, notebook&writingimplement and a wallet inside.

Hee, words are fun.

rubah
07-06-2008, 10:13 PM
"mobile"?

scrumpleberry
07-06-2008, 10:48 PM
"mobile"?

Phone xD

Oh, words are fun!

rubah
07-06-2008, 10:50 PM
*cellphone

champagne supernova
07-06-2008, 11:00 PM
the thing about keeping money in your bra is that it gets kinda embarassing when you need to buy something.

Some of my [girl] friends put their taxi money in their bras when they go out drinking. Keeps it safe.

I personally don't keep money in a bra (being a guy, it would be a lot more embarassing if I took money out of a bra, unless it was another girls bra. That'd be quite cool). I keep it in a wallet, which goes in a pocket.

Heath
07-06-2008, 11:00 PM
I have a wallet that I carry around with me everywhere. I usually keep about £10 on me, usually mostly in coins. Also in my wallet (I'm curious to see what I have in here) is:

* Bus pass
* Blockbuster card
* Labour Party membership card
* Woolworths discount card
* Old college card (2006-7)
* Library card
* Blood donor card (1-4 donations)
* GAME Reward card (used once)
* Bank/debit card
* o2 card

I also have a pocket in my wallet that contains any other stuff. Like I always have a book of stamps on me because I'd lose them anywhere else, a few business cards, a booklet of various discount things I can get as a result of working for Woolworths (30% off Cineworld tickets if I book in advance, for instance), an old train ticket and a few cheque receipts from the bank. I also have my house key attached to the zip on my wallet.

In short: lots of stuff in my wallet. Including money!

Cz
07-06-2008, 11:32 PM
My money goes in my wallet, which goes in my coat or jacket pocket. If I'm not wearing a jacket, it goes in a jeans pocket. My wallet has about £23 in it right now, as well as my photo ID, a bunch of cards, a CD receipt, a concert ticket, a key, and a piece of paper with the word "Stella" printed on it. :up:

Eiko Guy
07-07-2008, 05:22 AM
Umm I know this si strange but I use like three hair clips and put it in my hair sometimes. Jut for like small money tat I have to make sure not to lose. More then 15 dollars and it goes in my pocket. Haha It's always on the left side of the hair. Under hair and over hair. Noone would ever suspect it. Shhh its a secret.

But seriously, pocket on the inside of a hoody.

rubah
07-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Now that's a new twist on emo hair I'd never considered before. I'm going to have to start checking everyone's long bangs.

CimminyCricket
07-07-2008, 07:16 AM
I never have bills, I have coins. So, I carry a coin purse. My ID and check cards I keep in my back pocket. My coin purse is always tied securely to my belt.

Blue Harvest
07-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Money goes in wallet, wallet goes in back pocket. There's about £35 in my wallet atm.

Eiko Guy
07-07-2008, 11:23 AM
At least that's what he thinks. haha pickpocket ftw.

Breine
07-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Wallets ftw!

Rantz
07-07-2008, 02:19 PM
"money"? :confused:

Jiro
07-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I use a wallet, which doesn't fit in the pockets of most of my shorts/jeans/trousers. So I pretty much have to hold onto it.

Aerith's Knight
07-08-2008, 04:20 PM
money clip, wallet or pocket.. whatever is closest.

Eiko Guy
07-08-2008, 04:37 PM
^^TO your heart or to your hands?

Polaris
07-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I put the money I will use on my brown wallet and if the one I am saving at home ^^

Tallulah
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
I put money into what we call a purse, which goes in a handbag, which is what the Americans call a purse. :D

The zip is broken on it, however; the bit you pull slips off and I have to use my nails to open it up. Very annoying. I need a new one...

Peegee
07-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Wallet.

If I ever get a new wallet I'm going to find one that doesn't have a coin attachment to it. Ew.

Pockets = coins

Wallet = bills + cards

Jojee
07-08-2008, 08:28 PM
My money goes in a wallet ^_^

Which goes in my purse. I always carry a purse around. It's like my life is inside, I feel so insecure without one!