PDA

View Full Version : Smash Bros Brawl Tournament (Doubles)

NeoCracker
07-07-2008, 02:23 AM
I, the mighty Game Masta Funk, bring you the event of the year.

The Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles tournament.

The Brackets shall be drawn up after everyone has joined.

I'll be looking over Hsu's older tournament thread to get a list of banned Items and stages and what not.

Teams
1. Neocracker and Ultimashadow
2. Monol and Kerrod
3. qwertyxsora and Arc_Master_14
4. ljkkjlcm9 and Evastio

Looking for a Partner

Banned Items
Fan
Hammer
Poké Ball
Starman
Assist Trophy
Dragoon
Golden Hammer

Banned Stages
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
WarioWare
Big Blue
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Spear Pillar

Just drop a post here and declare if you have a partner or are looking for one. If you find one later, tell me then too so I can fix my list.

Also discuss any items you think should be added or removed from the banned list, as well as stages.

- Bow down to the Funk.

ljkkjlcm9
07-07-2008, 03:49 AM
psht, I so need to be in this tournament.

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
07-07-2008, 08:28 AM
And until otherwise noted, I'll have you listed as someone looking for a partner. :p

- Bow down to the Funk.

Monol
07-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Bring on the funk! Me and kerroid are partnering! Lets dooo it!!

qwertysaur
07-07-2008, 08:29 AM
I'll join in. Partner me with whoever asks first. :p

Arc_Master_14
07-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Ill be qwert's partner lol

.:kerrod:.
07-07-2008, 08:46 AM
my name isn't Kerroid :(

THERE'S NO 'I' DAMN IT! :crying2:

i'll be in the corner *sniff* :cry:

NeoCracker
07-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Well it should be.

- Bow down to the Funk

07-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Haha, the 'I' mightn't be such a bad thing...it's like 'Metroid', which is all know is 'da bomb' :tongue:

And for future reference, my Brawl name is 'KROD' :bigsmile:, and my Brawl friend code is in my sig...pm me if you want my Wii code

Craig
07-07-2008, 07:28 PM
I'd like to play, but I don't know if I'll always be around when it's time for a game? Or, will you make it so that everyone is free?

Also, I've not had the game that long and I've been too addicted to FFTA2 to get good. I'd like to be ljkkjlcm9 's partner though

Monol
07-07-2008, 08:51 PM
my name isn't Kerroid :(

THERE'S NO 'I' DAMN IT! :crying2:

i'll be in the corner *sniff* :cry:

My baaaad brotha. Im terrible with names :p

"I" apolog"I"ze ;)

Evastio
07-08-2008, 01:07 AM
I was actually hoping that I'd team up with ljkkjlcm9 for the doubles tournament. I mean it'd be really nice to fight as allies instead of enemies for a change especially seeing how he's defeated me many times.

ljkkjlcm9
07-08-2008, 02:42 AM
yay tournament to see who is my partner! lol
I'll pair with Evastio actually. Hopefully my work schedule and female associate life won't interfere with being able to compete!

THE JACKEL

07-08-2008, 04:59 AM
haha, it's ok Monol, i'll forgive you :p but you better watch yourself :irked: :chuckle:

anywho (whatever that means) i don't even know who i'll use for the tournament yet...probably Lucas, he's the bomb :cool: PK pwnage y'all :bigsmile:

NeoCracker
07-08-2008, 05:07 AM
I'll try to do it when everyone is free.

Also, If 1 person on a team can't make it for to long, Ill allow the remaining partner to Use a Computer Partner for the match.

However both partners must be Okay with that decision.

Ultima Shadow
07-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Nice, now I just gotta hurry and get my Wii internet adapter up and all that stuff. :greenie:

Anyways, I'd like to point out that we have to decide whenever friendly fire should be on or off. Because that might have an effect on what stages and items should be banned.

I mean, for example... if you can't hurt your partner, smash balls must be banned since they won't only recommend 1 KO, but at the very least 2 KO's if pulled off right. Characters like Bowser who turns into Gigabowser might even pull off 4 KO's from a single Final Smash without risking hurting his partner.

If you ARE able to hurt your partner, though, FS must be more carefully pulled off if you don't want to KO your partner, making them less broken.

As for banned stages, I'd say:

1) Mushroom Kingdom (the scrolling mario-level stage) simply because a scrolling stage is a bad idea and all you have to do to KO is grab you opponent, wait until the KOing wall of doom reaches you, and then throw them into oblivion.

2) New Pork City. Though others may disagree, I just think this stage plain sucks. xD Temple is a much more fun and interesting big-ass stage.

3) Mario Bros. It's pretty much possible to survive forever on this stage. Even more so than in Temple's super-easy to survive cave. And the stage is just boring if you ask me. Still, if people really want this stage to be aviable, I don't mind.

4) That pikmin stage with a giantic mushroom-monster showing up and eating people just feels like so much more of a 1vs1 stage than a 2vs2 one. I can't really put my finger on what it is, but I just think that stage should be banned. xD Also, that stage is pretty boring.

5) LET'S BAN FINAL DESTINATION JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT! :hyper:

That's all I can think of at the moment.:greenie:

NeoCracker
07-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Didn't think about Friendly Fire. I'll probably keep it off unless most other players think it should be on.

07-09-2008, 02:08 AM
yeah, i vote friendly fire off, smash balls off...i didnt consider smash balls before, but they can turn a match so quickly it's probably better to just leave them out...but i definitely think friendly fire should be off, nobody wants to lose a tournament because they killed their own teammate :tongue:

As for the stages, i agree with all of Ultima Shadow's suggestions except for final destination :p i also think the umm...musical stage with the leaves that change colour and the new ice climbers one should be banned, i really don't like them, even though there's technically nothing wrong with them :mad:

Ouch!
07-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Why not just play with standard tournament rules? Wouldn't that make things significantly easier?

NeoCracker
07-09-2008, 06:58 AM
I propose we do as Ouch said. assuming someone links me to the standard tournament rules. :p

07-09-2008, 09:48 AM
i've looked around a little and can't find any 'standard' tournament rules...i think we're going pretty well, it's just that all suggestions have to come back to you, Neo, which makes the process a little longer, but if you just come up with a full set (based on Hsu's original rules) and post them, we can get rid of any problems quickly, and if they take too long to resolve, you have to make a decision...your word is law :p

still, maybe i was looking in the wrong places, there could be a standard set, but i doubt it :(

NeoCracker
07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
YEah, I just plugged in all of Hsu's Rules from the last one. :p

I'm actually for tagging on the Heart Container to banned Items as well if everyone else wants to as well.

Arc_Master_14
07-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Thats fine by me

07-09-2008, 01:13 PM
yeah, i'm down

qwertysaur
07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Spear Pillar should also be banned.

NeoCracker
07-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Which one was spear pillar?

ljkkjlcm9
07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Which one was spear pillar?

the pokemon one, where random pokemon appear. The screen can be put in slow motion, or flipped any which way.

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
07-09-2008, 08:19 PM
And now its banned. :p

Craig
07-09-2008, 08:30 PM
hey i've lost interest, take me off the looking for a partner bit please

NeoCracker
07-09-2008, 08:46 PM
The earlierst I a willing to start this tournament is the 20th, but thats if no one else wants to join in by that point. I figure if no one else gets interested in 10 days, it's not likely getting any bigger. :p

If it comes to that, to keep this from being only 2 rounds, we'll runn it a Round Robin style tournament.

Is this starting on the 20th going to be a problem for anyone here?

07-10-2008, 02:47 AM
i thought it was going to start earlier :(...but ah well, i guess it can't be helped, it's just that i'll be back at school by then and it may be a little harder to pin me down for a match :p but we'll work something out

also, if we can't get enough people, why don't we just do a singles tournament?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-10-2008, 03:05 AM
try to video tape these things so we can watch :D

07-10-2008, 03:47 AM
we'll just save the replays and post them :D...im not sure how to convert them to put them on youtube, but i could probably learn...

NeoCracker
07-10-2008, 07:34 AM
i thought it was going to start earlier :(...but ah well, i guess it can't be helped, it's just that i'll be back at school by then and it may be a little harder to pin me down for a match :p but we'll work something out

also, if we can't get enough people, why don't we just do a singles tournament?

Thing is, if you're going to have trouble then, thats not likely going to change much, as this will likely take at least that long to complete, the 10 days that is.

Even if we just have these 4 teams, thats a total of 4 rounds, for each one we need 4 different people on at once.

And in mean and Shads case, being across sees from eachother, it will take a while. :p

Though yeah, I'll give it to the 15th to start instead if thats alright with everyone.

Ultima Shadow
07-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I propose we do as Ouch said. assuming someone links me to the standard tournament rules. :p
Basic tournament standards:

Stages:

Stages set to random:

Yoshi's Island (DS version)
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination

Counterpicks available:
Lylat Cruise
Delphino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Electro Plankton

All else are banned.

Items:

Usually turned off, but in the cases they would be turned on, then:

Aviable items:

Sandbag, Food, Warp Star, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Lip’s Stick, Star Rod, Super Scope, Fire Flower, Motion Sensor Bomb, Freezie, Smoke Ball, Pitfall, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Banana Peel, Franklin Badge, Screw Attack.

And the rest is banned.

For 2v2, Team Attack, as it's called in Brawl is always turned on. Being able to damage your team mate makes certain cheap tactics like double projectile spamming and jab-lockdowns impossible etc. And in general, it forces you to play more careful and tactical. So I personally also recommend this above all else. Losing because you killed your partner only happens if you're not careful enough, or your partner missjudges a situation etc. Aaaaand... 2v2 matches usually just get more interesting if you can all damage each other. :greenie:

Also, matches are played with "4 stocks".

I'm actually for tagging on the Heart Container to banned Items as well if everyone else wants to as well.
Both Heart Containers and Maximum Tomatos must be banned at all cost! Food is ok, but massive healing in an instant is far too unbalanced.

Edit: Also, what will the spawn-rate of items be? I'd suggest medium or low.

07-10-2008, 12:37 PM
sounds pretty good to me ^^^

and what does 'counterpick' mean?

Evastio
07-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Counterpick stages are stages that are allowed to be chosen by the losers of the previous match.

Personally though I think that's a little too restricted Ultima Shadow. The banned items I completely understand (I'm even okay with banning them completely) but I think we should allow more stages. In Corneria there's not much interferences besides the occassional blaster shot. Jungle Japes also isn't as bad now that you can swim in the water. Also allowing Norfair but not Spear Pillar and Port Town Aero Dive is quite unfair seeing how Norfair is much more dangerous than those two stages. Lylat Cruise shouldn't be a counterpick since the only stage interference on that stage is the ship tilting which barely causes any harm.

If we're going to go by standard tournament rules, I think we should make some adjustments to the rules.

qwertysaur
07-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Some of those rules make no sense. Like the fact there are no grounded stages. (Bridge of Eldin, Shadow Moses Island, Green Hill Zone) except for the second level of Castle Siege

Also Norfair can turn the tides of a match instantly, yet it is allowed? I suggest we tweek the rules to look like this.

4 stock matches.
Best two out of three.
Friendly Fire is on.

Each team picks one stage, and the first two matches are fought on those stages.

Available stages
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Delphino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Electro Plankton
Bridge of Eldin
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Port Town Aero Drive
Corneria

If a tie breaking match is needed, the stage is at random choice form

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Bridge of Eldin

all other stages are banned.

As for items they should be set on medium and the following are allowed.

Sandbag, Food, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Lip’s Stick, Star Rod, Super Scope, Fire Flower, Motion Sensor Bomb, Freezie, Smoke Ball, Pitfall, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Banana Peel, Franklin Badge, Screw Attack, Hothead, Team Healer. All the rest are banned.

Final Smashes should be allowed only if all people in the match agree to it. (Friendly Fire makes them risky to use, you might kill only your partner)

Ultima Shadow
07-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Personally though I think that's a little too restricted Ultima Shadow. The banned items I completely understand (I'm even okay with banning them completely) but I think we should allow more stages. In Corneria there's not much interferences besides the occassional blaster shot. Jungle Japes also isn't as bad now that you can swim in the water. Also allowing Norfair but not Spear Pillar and Port Town Aero Dive is quite unfair seeing how Norfair is much more dangerous than those two stages. Lylat Cruise shouldn't be a counterpick since the only stage interference on that stage is the ship tilting which barely causes any harm.

If we're going to go by standard tournament rules, I think we should make some adjustments to the rules.
I actually completely agree with you. The rules were copy-pasted from the C3 tournament rules (a competetive and pretty recent brawl tournament somewhere in the US), but Corneria should absolutely be allowed, and yeah... ban Norfair. :p

I'd personally prefere no items as well. Or low at most. I played my first online match today against random opponents and... damn, it was sooo laggy. The second match I played was less laggy, but it was still annoying. Does online matches ever go as smooth as they do offline? Anyways, I don't know if the ones I played had their items set to medium or high, but with smash balls, pokemon balls, assist trophies and bob-ombs everywhere combined with extreme lag on Mushroom Kingdom, it felt like every single kill was completely random. I did still manage to win somehow, as most of the people I played really, really sucked. But yeah, if every kill or even every other kill or even a 1/3 of all kills feels completely random, it's not as fun.

... so let's set items to low or off. =D

...or even better: Mr.Saturns only! :hyper:

Seriously though, let's vote! I vote for items OFF. (that or Mr.Saturns only)

07-11-2008, 04:20 AM
i also vote for items OFF, and the inclusion of corneria (pretty much my favourite melee stage :bigsmile: ) and exclusion of norfair...even when playing crappy bots i find it hard to keep an eye on all of the stage's attemps to kill me :shifty:
Lylatt cruise should also be in there, there's nothing wrong with that

Monol
07-12-2008, 02:56 AM
Items off

Norfair BACK! (Thats my counter pick :()

Corneria on

And I propose we have dance matches. After the sets are over there should be a 30 second match dedicated to characters dancing there hearts out. This way theres no hard feelings :D <--Best Idea ever

ljkkjlcm9
07-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Norfair? Come on guys, anyone can easily avoid the lava/acid, and it can be used to add damage. Like throwing someone into the wall of it that comes towards the stage. The only "unfair" part is when it hits the whole screen, and even then it doesn't do much damage. Worse comes to worse, if that stage comes up, you can agree to share the safety tube for that part.

I like some items on. They make Brawl what it is. They're not necessary, but they're certainly add to the madness. Plus, I find it gives my opponent more of a balanced chance... lol

THE JACKEL

Ultima Shadow
07-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Okay, okay then keep Norfair on. I guess we can all live with it, though I'd have to say it seems less suitable for a 2v2 match. At least if Team Attack is turned off, in which case two team members reaching the safety tube first will get a big advantage. If Team Attack is turned on and you're able to damage your team mate, however, it will be much tougher to fight off an opponent trying to get into the tube. :greenie:

...gah, or we can just skip those small, slightly unfair details and say "okay, let's allow Norfair in either case".:greenie:

Anyways...

Current votes:

Items off: 3

Items on: 1

qwertysaur
07-12-2008, 09:29 PM
I vote for items Optional. They don't have to be on, but they can be. :p

Arc_Master_14
07-12-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't care either way

Ultima Shadow
07-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I vote for items Optional. They don't have to be on, but they can be. :pWell, the only problem with that is that all 4 players have to agree to have items on/off, so because of that it would be easier to decide beforehand whenever they should be on or off. :greenie:

For example, it would be a problem if, right before a match, two people wants items to be off and the other two wants them to be on.

Evastio
07-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Actually what I meant in my previous post was I wanted Port Town Aero Dive and Spear Pillar to be allowed in the tournament. Those two are stages that I really like because they look cool and they have awesome music. Even though they are quite hazardous the cars and beams in those stages are quite easy to see coming and dodge. I would also want Big Blue to be allowed in the tournament for the same reason but I doubt the rest of you would approve of it.

Also qwertyxsora the reason why stages you can walk off of aren't allowed is because certain characters can take advantage of cheap tactics allowing them to KO opponents from the side really easily like having Marth sword dance them off the stage (guilty of this) and Falco and King Dedede repeatedly down throwing people off the side of the stage (I have yet to try this).

Ultima Shadow
07-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Actually what I meant in my previous post was I wanted Port Town Aero Dive and Spear Pillar to be allowed in the tournament. Those two are stages that I really like because they look cool and they have awesome music. Even though they are quite hazardous the cars and beams in those stages are quite easy to see coming and dodge. I would also want Big Blue to be allowed in the tournament for the same reason but I doubt the rest of you would approve of it.

Also qwertyxsora the reason why stages you can walk off of aren't allowed is because certain characters can take advantage of cheap tactics allowing them to KO opponents from the side really easily like having Marth sword dance them off the stage (guilty of this) and Falco and King Dedede repeatedly down throwing people off the side of the stage (I have yet to try this).
I personally don't really mind Port Town Aero Dive, but Spear Pillar should be banned because: 1) Randomly reversed controllers and 2) It has a mini-cave of life in which you can survive for really long if done right. As for Big Blue... naaah... :p

Evastio
07-14-2008, 09:44 PM
The reversed controls mess up everyone though so it's not like it puts only certain people at an unfair disadvantage (unlike WarioWare where only certain people get invincibility for completing microgames while the rest get the lesser prizes). Also, the lower part of Spear Pillar isn't as safe as that cave area in Hyrule Temple because the legendary Pokemon sends Hyper Beams and Psycho Cutters in there and they break open the roof of that place making it a less safe place to hide.

Besides, don't you think the stage is so cool? With the rock version of Victory Road playing, the dark feeling in the sky, the majesticness in the air, the feeling of suspense knowing that Palkia/Dialga/Cresselia will attack anytime, and the eerieness of the cave?

I guess I can't convince you that Big Blue is a cool stage and should be allowed since so many people hate that stage because the road kills you so easily so I shouldn't even bother trying...

Monol
07-15-2008, 03:06 AM
Okay, okay then keep Norfair on. I guess we can all live with it, though I'd have to say it seems less suitable for a 2v2 match. At least if Team Attack is turned off, in which case two team members reaching the safety tube first will get a big advantage. If Team Attack is turned on and you're able to damage your team mate, however, it will be much tougher to fight off an opponent trying to get into the tube. :greenie:

...gah, or we can just skip those small, slightly unfair details and say "okay, let's allow Norfair in either case".:greenie:

Anyways...

Current votes:

Items off: 3

Items on: 1

You can shield the lava. Like you hold R and you dont die.

You can also aerial evade it, heck some characters can actually jump over the bloody thing!

The level really isnt THAT threatning. You just have to keep up your guard. Personally I think every stage should be legal for teams but thats just me. For singles i think there should be limitations in stages but teams its already so chaotic that you mind as well just go all out. Im still not overly keen on items though just because of the lag issues. But then again some stages such for lag too so...meh

Point - Norfair isnt THAT bad :D

Ultima Shadow
07-15-2008, 05:28 PM
The reversed controls mess up everyone though so it's not like it puts only certain people at an unfair disadvantage (unlike WarioWare where only certain people get invincibility for completing microgames while the rest get the lesser prizes). Also, the lower part of Spear Pillar isn't as safe as that cave area in Hyrule Temple because the legendary Pokemon sends Hyper Beams and Psycho Cutters in there and they break open the roof of that place making it a less safe place to hide.

Besides, don't you think the stage is so cool? With the rock version of Victory Road playing, the dark feeling in the sky, the majesticness in the air, the feeling of suspense knowing that Palkia/Dialga/Cresselia will attack anytime, and the eerieness of the cave?

I guess I can't convince you that Big Blue is a cool stage and should be allowed since so many people hate that stage because the road kills you so easily so I shouldn't even bother trying...Still, the messed up controllers COULD ruin it more for certain players, depending on the situation. For example, if someone jumps off stage to edge-guard, and then while he tries to recover, the controllers gets messed up and he Up-B's in the wrong direction and dies! =O

Edit: Oh, and yes the stage do look totally badass, though. I have to admit that at least.

Then again, online-tournaments can't get truely competitive and skill-dependant because of the lag and delay. Especially since this tournament will stretch from the US to Europe, I'd guess some lag will pretty much be unpreventable regardless of how good everyone's connection is. So I guess we might as well go easy on this whole thing and unban all stages that people wants to play on, even if they'd normally be kinda unfair. :greenie:

You can shield the lava. Like you hold R and you dont die.

You can also aerial evade it, heck some characters can actually jump over the bloody thing!

The level really isnt THAT threatning. You just have to keep up your guard. Personally I think every stage should be legal for teams but thats just me. For singles i think there should be limitations in stages but teams its already so chaotic that you mind as well just go all out. Im still not overly keen on items though just because of the lag issues. But then again some stages such for lag too so...meh

Point - Norfair isnt THAT bad :D
.............I can't belive I never thought about that. xD I guess I thought the magma wave would instantly break the sheild or something. Ugh, that's what I get for not playing the stage enough. xD

Yeah, I guess Norfair is all fair then after all. xD

Oh, and if anyone from the US wants to play a test-match with me, just send me a PM. I'd like to see if the distance really matters as much as I fear it does when it comes to lag.

Also, shouldn't the tournament get started soon?:greenie:

demondude
07-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Have I still got time to join!?

Ultima Shadow
07-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Have I still got time to join!?
If you can find a team mate, I guess so.

And where the heck is Neo? He hasn't been online for 9 days. This thing should get started now.

NeoCracker
07-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Sorry, my computers out of commision. I'm on a friends, and I'm letting you know I won't be able to get back on for a while.

Hsu might be able to run this one in my place, not really sure if he's up for it right now.

Sorry I couldn't get this to you sooner. :p

Monol
07-28-2008, 05:24 AM
Tis all good.

This gives folks some time to practice more!

HUUZZAAH!!

07-28-2008, 07:00 AM
yeah, im too busy for a tournament now anyway :( damn you year 12! :mad:

demondude
07-28-2008, 12:11 PM
I need a partner. : - (

07-28-2008, 01:00 PM
haha, you're a little late buddy, i'm pretty sure the tournament isn't even happening any more...

the next time i'm free to play will be around my christmas holidays :p, so i doubt i'll be able to take part in a tournament if it's from this point onwards anyway :(

demondude
08-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Shame, I play a good marth.

Ultima Shadow
08-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Argh, let's have a singles tournament while waiting for this thing to start working again.

Pretty soon, I'll be off for about one week. But once I'm back, let's try having a small singles tournament at least. While waiting, others who wants to participate in this singles tournament may sign up by posting here. We should be able to start in at least 2 weeks or so.

And let's play with the standard rules posted above, except EACH PLAYER MAY UNBAN ONE STAGE (if he/she wishes to do so)! ...just so no one gets super-dissapointed because his/her fav-stage is banned. :greenie:

...is everyone happy with those rules? :greenie:

08-03-2008, 01:33 AM
i think i'll have to sit this one out :( the only time i can play is on a weekend, but with the time differences and everything it'll be too hard to work in, especially with my job and assignments as well...

Ultima Shadow
08-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Aww, that sucks. :(

demondude
08-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I'll play then.

Monol
08-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Count me in

I like Ultima Shadows idea

Ultima Shadow
08-13-2008, 07:41 PM
*is back*

Hmmm, we're only 3 people so far, though. That won't be enough for a tournament. >_<

C'mon guys! At least one more person, and we can have a small 4-person tournament! xD

Pro_Jonnyboi
08-14-2008, 04:56 PM
hey ill join how can i join i have a parner im alway on ssbb ? get back to me or am i to late?

Pro_Jonnyboi
08-14-2008, 04:58 PM
im new at this form thing to so little lost me and my partner are realy good been going to tournaments alot trying to make it pro but no luck

Ultima Shadow
08-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Well, I guess you could join in on the single tournament that currently only have me, Monol and Demon Dude signed up.:greenie:

Pro_Jonnyboi
08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
i wana do teams and were do i sign up partner name is cris me jonnyboi

qwertysaur
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
I'll join in a single tournament XD

Ultima Shadow
08-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Haven't gotten any response from Demon Dude yet, but let's still give it a try now.

Here comes... THE SMALLEST SSBB TOURNAMENT IN HISTORY!!!

The rules are:

Stages set to random:

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination

Counterpicks available:

Lylat Cruise
Delphino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Electro Plankton

All else are banned. Each player may unban up to 1 stage of his/her choise. Post the stage to be unbanned here.

Items are turned off.

qwertysaur
08-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Spear Pillar

Ultima Shadow
08-31-2008, 04:34 PM
I think I'll personally choose to unban Cornelia.:greenie:

Monol
09-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Pleased with the list :D

Ultima Shadow
09-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Okay, Demon dude seems to have dropped off or something so... is it possible to have a 3-person tournament? >_<

Monol
09-10-2008, 11:00 PM
lol doubt it, we could always just wait till everyones not so busy and pick a holiday to do one :)

demondude
09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
You'll have to wait until Christmas if you want me in, sorry but schoolwork is a drag.

Monol
05-05-2009, 10:57 AM
I'll assume this never happend lol

Rantz
05-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Monol, please stop reviving threads this old. If you'd like to add something to the topic, you may start a new thread about it instead.