PDA

View Full Version : Laaaaaaggggggg111gg1

Bahamut2000X
07-07-2008, 05:38 PM
So yes I have atrocious lag on my computer for some reason.

Now any who know I have been working on getting my new system up for months and finally got it mostly working, except I couldn't get the drivers on my motherboard working properly and thus the LAN features didn't work so I had no internet access. The solution, buy a network card to use to get me online to get drivers I need and act as my source for the internets. However even after getting some drivers installed and expecting my system to function more smoothly, it fails online. Pages don't have a terrible problem loading (nothing I can't cope with) the main issue is I can't scroll down. If I decide to scroll around on the page, it won't scroll nice and smooth like it should, instead it'll just kind of stop for a sec and then sudden I'll kind of have it look like it it just refreshed what was on the page, except putting me in a different location on the page.

While this isn't messing up my ability to surf the web (at least not terribly) it is bloody annoying and I wish to make it more smooth. Any advice on what the issue might be?

Rantz
07-07-2008, 07:06 PM
It might be a problem with the graphics card driver, I remember the same thing happening to me. What graphics card are you using?

Bahamut2000X
07-07-2008, 09:22 PM
It's an Asus EN9600 GT TOP.

However on second though I have yet to install drivers for my graphics card so that may be the issue. I'll do that and report if it did anything.

EDIT: Ok that solved part of it. Pages run more smoothly now. However I still get lag in simple things like loading a page or clicking a link. I'll probably tinker around with drivers since that seemed to work. Though I don't know if it would have anything to do with my network card or the network that I'm on.