PDA

View Full Version : star washin' I mean car washing

rubah
07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
I put in a good hour just now soaping down my car and giving it a pretty thorough scrubbing and a towel dry. I'm expecting a sunburn to pop up on my back at any moment. Luckily it's been rainy so there won't be any dust fly up from our dirt road to get it nasty again before i can get it waxed (tomorrow maybe). Usually when it's hot enough to make the waterhose fun to use our road is nasty and dry. (can you tell I live out in the woods?)

I've always been proactive about taking care of my car. I was so proud of it when I first got it I wanted to make it wonderful forever. Is this unusual in a girl? I think it is. My friends who are girls who take care of their cars tend to have excitable older brothers to lead them in the arts of oil change and tire jacks, but the most my older brother has done is let me drive *his* car (a black firebird)

I think my dad has helped me wax it two or three times in three and a half years, which is roughly infinitely more times than stu has waxed his car, I might add~

Do you take care of your car yourself? Do you at least give it over to other people to take care of? Or does your car sit sadly under a tree until it is covered in bird poop and the antenna is wilted over like a dying flower?

Breine
07-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't have a car, so no.

If I had one I'd probably wash it myself, though. Too mean to take it to the car wash.

Jess
07-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I usually take Kenny to the carwash, unless it's really warm/hot and a nice day for it. He needs hoovering on the inside right now, though. :jess:

Balzac
07-07-2008, 07:38 PM
No car, but if I did, I probably wouldn't.