PDA

View Full Version : Assasins Creed

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-07-2008, 09:45 PM
anyone recommend it?

my friend says its trash and just rent it if im that interested

Psychotic
07-07-2008, 09:56 PM
It's not trash but I agree with your friend. It's a bit too repetetive to buy.

Also, if you do play it, I hope you are a fan of men saying "Altair, it seems my students do not fully understand what it is to wield a blade. Perhaps you could show them what you know". You'll understand when it happens.

Quindiana Jones
07-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Psychotic is a gert benderrrrr.

I like it. Worth what I paid for it. I can understand that it can get a bit repetitive, but I never really got bored *cough Final Fantasy power-levelling cough*.

It's well worth it for the story. Great story. Shame about the "hey! let's make the ending a bit 'wtf?' so we can make a sequel!" ending though. Still worth it. I'd just buy it, if I were you. It's cheap enough nowadays.

Psychotic is still a gert benderrrrrr.

Old Manus
07-07-2008, 11:20 PM
It's alright. Some parts are stupid though, such as the infinite supply of soldiers that attack you whenever you complete an assassination, as well as the way that soldiers immediately chase you when you're on horseback going any faster than a crawl. That was just retarded.

Quindiana Jones
07-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah I didn't like the "He doesn't look remotely shifty. Get him!" or the "Goodness, He accidentally knocked into someone, and made them drop a crate or vase. Kill him!" parts, but oh well.

I found the lack of guards after assassinations annoying when trying to get the 25 kills in one fight achievement. I'd kill all the guards and they'd just stop coming. :(

Værn
07-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah I didn't like the "He doesn't look remotely shifty. Get him!" or the "Goodness, He accidentally knocked into someone, and made them drop a crate or vase. Kill him!" parts, but oh well.

I found the lack of guards after assassinations annoying when trying to get the 25 kills in one fight achievement. I'd kill all the guards and they'd just stop coming. :(
I got my 25-kill achievement at a military encampment arranged around a Sparta pit. Took a while, though, I ran into the same problem you had a couple times while I was at it.

XxSephirothxX
07-08-2008, 12:01 AM
I thought it was a really fun game, and a perfect rental; a friend and I played it quite a bit for five days. I wouldn't pay 60 bucks for it, but I would pay 24 dollars (http://www.amazon.com/UBI-Soft-Assassins-Creed/dp/B000P46NMK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1215471662&sr=8-1).

Germ Hamee
07-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Is pretty.

But yeah, repetitive. I was totally enraptured with the game through the first two cities. And then I noticed that all of the normal citizens have the same script and voice track in every city, at which point killing random people lost all it's novelty. As such, I lost interest in the game and never finished it.

DMKA
07-08-2008, 03:25 AM
Rent it, play the first two or three chapters. Then return it to the store, because you've played the whole thing.

XxSephirothxX
07-08-2008, 03:28 AM
It's also worth noting that your own creativity factors into how much you enjoy the game. If you just want to kill your targets as fast as you can, you can get close to them pretty easily and then fight them and their guards. But the real fun comes in being creative and using the environment to your advantage.

I had an absolute blast infiltrating a huge castle, avoiding dozens of guards and silently killing others. It was something like a 30 minute ordeal for me to reach the top of the castle, then descend down towards my target and get a silent kill on him. Very rewarding.

Værn
07-08-2008, 04:42 AM
Is pretty.

But yeah, repetitive. I was totally enraptured with the game through the first two cities. And then I noticed that all of the normal citizens have the same script and voice track in every city, at which point killing random people lost all it's novelty. As such, I lost interest in the game and never finished it.
If only the citizens were more random, like in GTA... Their clothes are randomly assembled, they have a nice variety of voices and different lines to choose from...

I'd enjoy knifing people from rooftops if the game allowed you to throw at a downward angle. They should have left the crossbow in and added a first-person aiming mode.

Anyways, which castle did you storm, Azar? I want to see how I can last =)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I thought it was a really fun game, and a perfect rental; a friend and I played it quite a bit for five days. I wouldn't pay 60 bucks for it, but I would pay 24 dollars (http://www.amazon.com/UBI-Soft-Assassins-Creed/dp/B000P46NMK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1215471662&sr=8-1).

new?!

Tasura
07-08-2008, 11:35 PM
I'm a sadistic bastard, so the "No penalty for killing civilians after beating the game" thing really makes me like it. But I actually haven't played it since I beat it though.

Jowy
07-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I played it for five minutes and then shelved it. I think it rules out Mario is Missing as the most depressing thing I've ever played.

Vivisteiner
07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm a sadistic bastard, so the "No penalty for killing civilians after beating the game" thing really makes me like it. But I actually haven't played it since I beat it though.
So your favourite thing about the game is something you havent played? :p

Tasura
07-11-2008, 01:49 AM
So your favourite thing about the game is something you havent played? :p

I liked killing them with penalties in the game, so I'll like killing them ever more outside of the main game =P.

Quindiana Jones
07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
It's also worth noting that your own creativity factors into how much you enjoy the game. If you just want to kill your targets as fast as you can, you can get close to them pretty easily and then fight them and their guards. But the real fun comes in being creative and using the environment to your advantage.

I had an absolute blast infiltrating a huge castle, avoiding dozens of guards and silently killing others. It was something like a 30 minute ordeal for me to reach the top of the castle, then descend down towards my target and get a silent kill on him. Very rewarding.

That's the Acre one, right? I loved that one. Best part was the drop down right behind him. Very assassiny.