PDA

View Full Version : You All Make Friends Too Easily

Evastio
07-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Seriously. I find it kind of strange that you guys have added so much EoFFers as friends when I didn't even think that you guys knew each other that well.

I mean, don't you think you should get to know someone better and talk to them more before you become friends with them?

Topic: How easily do you make friends in real life/online? Do you think you should be more open/wary when it comes to making friends? Why/why not?

Momiji
07-08-2008, 01:26 AM
Offline, I find it very hard to make friends. Online, it's much easier.

rubah
07-08-2008, 01:27 AM
the veil of anonymity means you must make friends quickly and lose them just as soon.

Am I not your friend? :(

Evastio
07-08-2008, 01:31 AM
That'd be kind of an insult to you seeing how you're such an awesome kind person who helps me out a lot while I'm unable to do the same for you.

XxSephirothxX
07-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Your strict personal definition of "friend" and the social networking definition of "friend" are very different things.

Goldenboko
07-08-2008, 01:35 AM
I consider a friend whoever I'm friendly toward or who is willing to be friendly to me, this seems like the easiest way to define the word.

In my opinion friendship is easy to gain and easy to lose, companionship is something that takes far more time and trust.

Mogi
07-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Real life is like WTF IS FREND?
Online is a little less like WTF IS FREND?

rubah
07-08-2008, 01:38 AM
That'd be kind of an insult to you seeing how you're such an awesome kind person who helps me out a lot while I'm unable to do the same for you.
If you think so, but I don't. If you want to earn your keep, you can send me an e-card for my birthday I guess :)

Miriel
07-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Offline, I find it very hard to make friends. Online, it's much easier.

Opposite.

Easy to make friends IRL. Harder online.

Ko Ko
07-08-2008, 02:23 AM
I find it hard to make friends anywhere since I am such a disagreeable person.

But I've only added friends that I have known since... practically 2005 (when I joined).

Kuroshima
07-08-2008, 02:25 AM
I only gots two friends online.=) The rest of you hate me..... WOO!

IRL Eh, I'm not too fond on people or friends, so I have few and it's hard for me to make more.

Dynast-Kid
07-08-2008, 02:33 AM
I agree with Azar, it depends on what your personal definiton of "friend" is.

Online, to me, it's alot more general and broad. Online I might consider anyone I enjoy talking to or communicating with, or anyone who I find really interesting. Or sometimes even on sites like Facebook a few of my friends are people i've never talked to, but am connected to through mutual friends.

IRL, I consider my friends people who I can trust, and I know to be good people.

Yamaneko
07-08-2008, 02:35 AM
Interacting with people through the Internet is incredibly annoying. It's much easier to decide if you like someone when you're face to face.

ljkkjlcm9
07-08-2008, 02:47 AM
I have 1 friend on here(according to my profile), I guess I do make friends too easily lol

THE JACKEL

Balzac
07-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Very easily on and offline.

BardTard
07-08-2008, 02:55 AM
Easier online. Offline, kinda difficult. I don't have that many friends.

Bunny
07-08-2008, 03:01 AM
I do not consider the three people who are on my EoFF Friend's List as "friends". I rarely talk to Rye, and when I do, it is only for a few minutes and then the conversation ends. I have yet to talk to either MILF or whoever is the third person.

I find it easy to make friends offline and online, I just choose not to do either because I do not like people that much and most of them end up disappointing me.

Big D
07-08-2008, 03:02 AM
Your strict personal definition of "friend" and the social networking definition of "friend" are very different things.That's how I see it too. On EoFF or wherever, 'friend' can mean anything from 'person whose posts I enjoy' to 'valued friend I care about a lot'.

mooglebunni608
07-08-2008, 03:18 AM
Online it's easy, because, mostly, everyone is very open about their interests. In real life, on the other hand, you don't know who likes the same things you do and who you can get along with until you talk to them. Also internet people are a lot easier to blow off because you never have to actually see them. <3

Bahamut2000X
07-08-2008, 03:26 AM
Your strict personal definition of "friend" and the social networking definition of "friend" are very different things.

Roto13
07-08-2008, 03:34 AM
I know almost all of the people on my friends list outside of Eyeson. :P

Denmark
07-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Quote Bahamut2000X, quoting Azar.

I also make friends easier online, I'd say.

Jessweeee♪
07-08-2008, 03:51 AM
Online friends are different from friends IRL.

You see IRL you befriend someone first, then they are your friend, and on the internets, someone is your friend, and then you befriend them. Maybe.

Ramza Beoulve
07-08-2008, 03:58 AM
I don't know a lot of people, I'm not even a friendly person. But there are people I trust. I have added few friends, and maybe I'll not add more, because I will not add more people, and just those I trust.

NeoTifa
07-08-2008, 04:23 AM
i talk to anyone, and im usually open minded. i am quite nervous, so if i feel negative vibes from someone, then i go away. the rest become accquaintances. and if we are really compatable and have a reason to talk more often, then i consider them a friend.

LunarWeaver
07-08-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm all nervous and goofy offline. It's tough for me to make friends :jess: I don't even have many online because I'm too lazy to keep in touch with most. And then I changed my name and they all hated me anyway.

Moon Rabbits
07-08-2008, 05:03 AM
Your strict personal definition of "friend" and the social networking definition of "friend" are very different things.That's how I see it too. On EoFF or wherever, 'friend' can mean anything from 'person whose posts I enjoy' to 'valued friend I care about a lot'.

W000000000000SH!

That is my agreement sound.

Chemical
07-08-2008, 05:22 AM
I have a few personality quirks that make it difficult to communicate with people in general.

A lot of people often imagine me as pretentious, know it all, condescending.
I understand where they may take that from, because it is how I can come across, so many often brush me aside despite my best efforts at this silly human ritual known as conversation.

All in all, I don't make friends easily.
I have a very few close friends.

0 online
maybe 3 or 4 off line

Muse Junkie
07-08-2008, 05:25 AM
IRL, I make friends very easily. I think I am just very outgoing, but online, I've had some bumpy rides. So I suppose it's the opposite. I make friends easier offline than on. *shrug*

Freya
07-08-2008, 06:12 AM
I consider a friend whoever I'm friendly toward or who is willing to be friendly to me, this seems like the easiest way to define the word.

In my opinion friendship is easy to gain and easy to lose, companionship is something that takes far more time and trust.

Tavrobel
07-08-2008, 06:16 AM
I'll be friends with you online when you give enough of a damn to talk to me.

In real life, I tend to be more sociable, but there's a difference between an acquaintance and a friend.

Momiji
07-08-2008, 06:17 AM
I still say it's easier to make friends online than offline. I'd be a very bored person if it wasn't for the people I talk to routinely on MSN/AIM, like Roto, Vermachtnis, Tavrobel, Rye, Allie, Paul, Jeremy, Huxley, Aicha, Tasura, etc.

Vermachtnis
07-08-2008, 06:37 AM
The people who can get past my outter queit shell and into my gooey immature center I consider them friends. That holds more for real life then online. Online I'm goofy to everyone whether you want me there or not.

Dr. Acula
07-08-2008, 07:44 AM
The people who can get past my outter queit shell and into my gooey immature center I consider them friends. That holds more for real life then online. Online I'm goofy to everyone whether you want me there or not.

Same with me.

I find it much easier to make friends online because I'm much more outgoing, though I still have absolutely no social skills.

IRL, I'm very shy and incapable of starting a conversation with anyone I don't know. As a result, some people consider me snobby and stuck-up. I have few actual friends, but quite a few acquaintances. Also, I'm what you could call an "acquired taste" person. I take a little getting used to. Most of my close friends didn't even like me when they first met me.:D

SwordFighter_Dago
07-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Well, it's harder for me to make friends online than offline. IRL I have some very good friends and generally moderate social skills, whereas on the internet I always make zero friends, discussions I have with people suddenly fall flat, and nobody is even remotely interested in talking to me again.

I have been on this site now for some time, and it's still hard for me to just jump into a discussion, because I always get the feeling I'm just being left out and nobody wants to hear my opinion.

Muse Junkie
07-08-2008, 08:19 AM
I actually feel kinda the same way lol.

Levian
07-08-2008, 09:56 AM
A friend is a person that will trust me to hold a knife to their throat and caress their adam/eve's apple with the blade. Unfortunately I got bitten by a dog a couple years ago so my limbs and face are a bit spastic, so when I first find a real friend I often end up losing him pretty quick. :(

.:kerrod:.
07-08-2008, 10:02 AM
whoa! Levian...that's heavy stuff

i don't have anybody on my 'friends' list...i wouldnt feel right adding people cos i dont know how they feel about me, etc. and they're not really a 'friend' anyway...they don't know me at all...

and im going with the immature thing ^^^ i can be mega-immature around people im comfortable with :p

Sergeant Hartman
07-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Most of the people on my friends list I sometimes talk to on msn or posted in my usernotes a lot.

Quindiana Jones
07-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm adding everyone who looks at my profile. :D

Though I do like everyone at EoFF, so it's really not that big a deal.

I make friends way easy in real life. I can pretty much talk to anyone at any time about anything.

Blue Harvest
07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
I class anyone who takes the time to talk to me as a friend.

Captain Maxx Power
07-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm just a popularity whore. I'll accept any friend request. Seriously, add me, I won't say no.

Old Manus
07-08-2008, 12:09 PM
You're right, Evastio. I'm removing all my so called 'friends' from my friends list right now. You're really my enemies with secret identities and disguises to hide your true colours, and just when you think we're close enough to be brothers you're gonna come around and cut my throat when I'm not looking.

what is life

i'm tired of life

Cz
07-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I have a lot of people on my online friends who I don't talk to that often, and some who I don't talk to at all outside of user notes. They're all nice people, but I wouldn't call the same relationship a "friendship" in real life, just because we don't get to know each other all that well.

Peegee
07-08-2008, 03:41 PM
I don't try to make friends offline. Sometimes I try to actually be a loner. But it always happens -- I always make friends.

Online, I have a lot of friends because my personality is so 'loud' (obnoxious) that invariably people add me to see what's up.

Goldenboko
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm just a popularity whore. I'll accept any friend request. Seriously, add me, I won't say no.

*tests*

└┤ ∵├〆
07-08-2008, 04:00 PM
I have no friends. :{

Rantz
07-08-2008, 04:10 PM
It's not like they really do much either way.

Randgris
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
*ahem (http://forums.eyesonff.com/eyes-each-other/118571-making-friends-never-easy.html)

Breine
07-08-2008, 09:34 PM

True.

theundeadhero
07-08-2008, 09:50 PM
My friends I added here are the people I find interesting and there's still more people I want to add to it if I stop being lazy and look them out. Some of them I've never even had a conversation with.

scrumpleberry
07-08-2008, 09:59 PM
My online friends I consider to be people who I find it pleasant to communicate with and who have a certain amount of respect for me. Or my irl definition of actual friends. Also super-nice people who I don't know very well...:shifty:

Madame Adequate
07-08-2008, 10:23 PM
My friends here range from super awesome people I love to people it's cool to talk with to people whose posts are good to people who friended me whom I didn't wish to reject because I'm not mean enough.

Shattered Dreamer
07-08-2008, 10:47 PM
In real life I have alot of friends even though I find it hard at first when I meet new people, I've been told by friends of mine people are just drawn to me. I used to have lots of online friends a few years ago but my internet connection packed up, my old hotmail account got canceled & I lost touch with them all sadly!

Thanks to my irregularity as to when I log on to EOFF I havent made many friends despite how long I've been a member. According to my profile I've one friend!

Cookie
07-08-2008, 10:54 PM
I mean, don't you think you should get to know someone better and talk to them more before you become friends with them?

The friends I currently have on my friends list thing added me. I accepted because I'd feel a bit of a twat rejecting people.

Topic: How easily do you make friends in real life/online? Do you think you should be more open/wary when it comes to making friends? Why/why not?

Pretty easily. Depends, the same rules don't apply to everyone.

Rye
07-09-2008, 12:04 AM
I accept everyone because it's pretty dick to reject a friendship on a message board. :p

I don't have many true friends on here. People talk to me on MSN and try, but I'm shy and they give up! I have a few true blue best friends though. :jess:

Evastio
07-09-2008, 02:33 AM
I don't really get what you mean by that.

Madame Adequate
07-09-2008, 03:15 AM
I don't really get what you mean by that.

A friend in the social networking context is not a close confidant, or even someone you necessarily like. It's just someone you don't dislike enough to kick off your list. They make up the numbers.

Roto13
07-09-2008, 04:59 AM
I accept everyone because it's pretty dick to reject a friendship on a message board. :p

I probably wouldn't let that stop me. :P

Yamaneko
07-09-2008, 05:54 AM
I ignore them because it would require me to care either way.

Rase
07-09-2008, 06:00 AM
Offline is far easier for making friends then online for me. I actually have some sort of investment and so I actually care. I find this very hard to really do online, and I like it that way.

Blue Harvest
07-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Anyone who so much as views my profile is now being added. You've been warned.

Evastio
07-10-2008, 10:22 PM
A friend in the social networking context is not a close confidant, or even someone you necessarily like. It's just someone you don't dislike enough to kick off your list. They make up the numbers.
What's so wrong with being picky with who I befriend?

At least that way I'll be able to make sure that all the friendships I'll make will be long lasting ones.

Goldenboko
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
What's so wrong with being picky with who I befriend?

At least that way I'll be able to make sure that all the friendships I'll make will be long lasting ones.

There's no real guarantee on that either, just because your picky with your friends doesn't mean they'll be long lasting. I remember someone I considered my closest friend and always gave a lot of care for one day turned to me and said get lost. (Why? Because people are assholes xD) I was able to rebound quickly though because I had a lot of friends.

When it comes down to it, this all matters on how you perceive the word friend.

Iceglow
07-11-2008, 01:22 AM
I have to admit I make my friends quite easily essentially even though I can be pessimistic and see the darker side of people's motives before the lighter positive side I give everyone I meet 100% faith in them being good person and their actions diminish or increase this faith in them if someone drops below a certain point I just won't be friends with them anymore.

Momiji
07-11-2008, 04:52 AM
I have no friends. :{

I added you, and you never accepted me, jerk. Then again, saying that your friends are only on your main account makes up for it but geez... >_>

Vyk
07-13-2008, 03:40 PM
NO!

...wha-

Friends?

Heath
07-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't have as many online friends as I used to and I don't have that many close friendships with EoFFers in all honesty. Though I do have a core number of people in #eoff that I'd consider friends as opposed to some other people. But there's certainly a number of people here who I would consider friends.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-13-2008, 10:36 PM
I am the type of person that people tend to befriend rather than actively seeking people out as friends. Often it ends up being a mutual thing, a bit of effort on both sides, though usually initiated by others. As for making friends, I am generally easy-going and pretty open so I get along with most people I encounter. As for becoming close friends with, that is another thing. I'd say online I have few people I'd actually consider friends, fewer still that are close friends. Offline, it is basically the same thing. Mostly it comes down to the fact that there are few people I go out of my way to talk to.

KentaRawr!
07-13-2008, 10:38 PM
I just have people I talk to lots on the forums. :3

Online, I make friends super easily. I admit, many times I should just treat someone as a nice acquaintance rather than add them to my list, but it never goes that way. If I met them in an online RPG of some sort, they're going on the friend's list, darnit!

In real life, there's my friend Caleb, and the friends I met from him. I'm not too social. >_>

Loony BoB
07-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I won't add back people who add me to their friends list unless I've actually communicated with them. I've had some people add me without me even recognising them and I'd rather they actually contact me if they want to get onto my list than just do it for the hell of it.

For the main topic at hand, I find it extremely easy to make friends online and rather difficult to make friends offline. The biggest problems for me with making offline friends are that I don't like to mix work life with personal life (hence, I don't hang out with work colleagues after hours) and the fact that I'm still probably four years younger than anyone else at work, so it's just a bit weird. I like to think I get along with pretty much anyone I want to get along with, though, so it's not a problem for me when I meet new people. I just don't make a lengthy habit of meeting them because it's very rare that I want someone who I know in the real world to know me that deeply, especially when they're generally that much different to my preferred friend-personality-type. I prefer open people who, er, don't know the rest of my work colleagues. People at work always have a tendency to gossip and I don't like that.

Sergeant Hartman
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
You're right, Evastio. I'm removing all my so called 'friends' from my friends list right now. You're really my enemies with secret identities and disguises to hide your true colours, and just when you think we're close enough to be brothers you're gonna come around and cut my throat when I'm not looking.

what is life

i'm tired of life
I'm tired of backstabbing ass snakes with friendly grins!

Calliope
07-14-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm still probably four years younger than anyone else at work, so it's just a bit weird.

So a four-year age difference is too weird for you to talk to someone, but not enough to smurf them?

Loony BoB
07-14-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm still probably four years younger than anyone else at work, so it's just a bit weird.

So a four-year age difference is too weird for you to talk to someone, but not enough to smurf them?
That's only one person who is four years older. Most are closer to fourty years older. Seriously. =|

I have no problem talking to them, either. And I've always got along with people younger than me. There are exceptions though. Like you! :D

DK
07-14-2008, 08:06 PM
loony bob groomed me over the internet :(

Calliope
07-14-2008, 08:09 PM
We might get along, but I still think you're an idiot, and most of the time that we "talk", I'm calling you an idiot, fool! Oh wait, is that our "niche"?

I have plenty of friends at work, and they're all between 6 - 40 years older than I am. It probably is the young-ins who are harder to befriend, because they're too cool for skool. Okay, I'd better go to work now. Later Towns.

ps - I'm posting again, largely because you guys made Kelly's blue template a template. I wonder how hard it is to fix the "new thread" and "reply to topic" or whatever buttons down the bottom, because the stroke around them is really really grainy, and it ruins an otherwise excellent choice.

Loony BoB
07-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Well I guess someone might say I have friends at work, I just opt to have not many outside of work.

Everyone I know calls me an idiot. :(

capricious
07-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Friends..? :confused:
Offline: I don't have many friends. I make friends as quickly as I lose them... So I guess it's very hard. No one wants me. :cry::cry::cry: lol
Online: It's easier to make friends, but I think I lose contact after 2 years.. I'm not very good at keeping in contact... Unless they won't stop bugging me. :love: