PDA

View Full Version : I'll just lay awake looking at the ceiling for a few hours then...

leader of mortals
07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Do you have trouble sleeping? I have a lot of trouble sleeping. About 4 days ago I went to bed at 1:30. I went to sleep at 3:15. This is not normal, but the only thing I can do about it is get up earlier.

NeoTifa
07-08-2008, 06:00 PM
wow thats fast! i go to bed around 11 and cant fall asleep until 4....

leader of mortals
07-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah I remember once on a sunday during school, I had to go to bed at about 10:30. I got to sleep past 3:00 that night. I woke up and I felt like I just had the best sleep of my life:confused:

Blue Harvest
07-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Sometimes I fall asleep almost straight away and other times it can take hours :(

wow thats fast! i go to bed around 11 and cant fall asleep until 4....

Maybe all you need is some company eh? ;)

Randgris
07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Unless the weather is hot/humid, I'd never fall asleep.

Blue harvest is such a... naughty person. :D

Peegee
07-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Comfort and association are good things to work on when sleeping. Make sure you are comfortable and relaxed before sleeping. I can never sleep when I have something on my mind, so I don't bother trying to sleep until those thoughts are cleared out.

Right now it's uncomfortably hot for me, so I have been sneaking downstairs to the basement to sleep. Thankfully we have no tenants in the basement, and when said tenant moves in, it will be autumn/winter, and my heat problem should be gone.

Try to avoid doing any activity on your bed except sleep (and um...that) -- that way your mind associates your bed with rest and will switch to rest mode when you get on your bed. Win.

Some people like to drink something before sleeping. Some people need a bed time story. Some people need a stuffed animal. Find out what you like xD

smittenkitten
07-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Sometimes I just fall asleep within the hour I get into bed. Not too long ago it took me hours to get to sleep, I was determined not to get out of bed, so I layed staring at the ceiling for about 5 hours. :(

rubah
07-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I haven't had trouble too much lately. I think it's because I've been doing more every day.

Breine
07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Not really. I usually fall asleep within 15 minutes, but of course there have been times where I've lied awake for what felt like hours. To put it simply: It sucks. Hard.

BardTard
07-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Sometimes I fall asleep fast, Sometimes I end up only getting 2 hours of sleep. :( I had trouble sleeping alot when I was a kid. I hardly ever slept.

TyphoonThaReapa
07-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Nah, I'm good. When I go to bed, little can stop me from going to sleep. Maybe, because most of the time, I'm here by myself. Which is the best...:cool:

Blue Harvest
07-08-2008, 09:45 PM
It sucks. Hard.

Must...resist...

scrumpleberry
07-08-2008, 09:51 PM
A comfy bed really helps. Like, ridiculously so. Make it up so you feel all "aahhh relaxxx" lying in it even if you don't go to sleep. Also, use good quality bedthings, it's invaluble. It's not a miracle cure, but it helps to enjoy lying in your bed. I've had mild insomnia before, and it just sort of went on its own, although it still takes me an hour or so to drop off. It helps to think up fun stories and ADVENTURRRRES and stuff for me, also this increases the chances that I'll have a FABBY EPIC ADVENTURE DREAM :3

Actually, comfy bed works on me a little too well, I think that's one of the reasons why I'm a pretty much anti-morning person.

BH, you're such a slut. He'll get a restraining order soon if you're not careful.

rubah
07-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I dunno, scrumple, I slept pretty good on my bed in france and it was a mattress on a bunch of boards with a dumpy pillow i had to scrunch together to get my head elevated, and unless I slept with my legs spread apart, my heels touched the footboards xD I still slept pretty good on it though

It also taught me to respect a thinner pillow. Mine felt so awesome when I got home.

scrumpleberry
07-08-2008, 10:45 PM
I dunno, scrumple, I slept pretty good on my bed in france and it was a mattress on a bunch of boards with a dumpy pillow i had to scrunch together to get my head elevated, and unless I slept with my legs spread apart, my heels touched the footboards xD I still slept pretty good on it though

You and I are very different then: in a bed like that I'd be all "AARGH" *flail* *shift* *kick* *flail* xD
I'd probably sleep on the sofa. I've actually done that staying in places where I don't like the beds, it's so much squishier. Maybe I'm just unaturally attracted to squishy beds. I think it's just important that you like your bed.

Vermachtnis
07-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Yea I have problems going to sleep. I got to bed around 2:30 and lay there and toss and turn and can't fall asleep.

Zeldy
07-08-2008, 11:58 PM
I only have problems sleeping when I stay up stupidly late and only go to bed at 4am, it's impossible sleeping when it's starting to get light and the birds are twirping. I don't stay up that late any more, I try not to stay up later than 3am.

I don't have problems sleeping at all though, even if I have an exam the next day or whatever that I'm really stressed over, I'm just like 'DEAL WITH IT TOMORROW ZZZZZZZZZZ'

rubah
07-09-2008, 12:14 AM

You and I are very different then: in a bed like that I'd be all "AARGH" *flail* *shift* *kick* *flail* xD
I'd probably sleep on the sofa. I've actually done that staying in places where I don't like the beds, it's so much squishier. Maybe I'm just unaturally attracted to squishy beds. I think it's just important that you like your bed.
the guy whose room I was sleeping in was sleeping on the sofa, so. . xD

Rengori
07-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Usually I have an incredibly hard time sleeping but it's the summer so I don't have to worry about waking up on time for anything.