PDA

View Full Version : Home Alone

Zeldy
07-08-2008, 08:11 PM
So what kind of things do you get up to when you're home alone for more than just a day? As in, long enough for you have to deal with cleaning, washing, ironing, cooking. Do you enjoy it? Do you prefer it? Do you choose to live home alone?

--

My parents leave for Majorca tomorrow, leaving myself and my brother home alone for 11 days. I'm looking forward to being able to blast my music, pull all nighters and do crap all for days on end without being nagged too much. My brother has two 360s (long story) so one is going downstairs and I'll probably take the gamecube downstairs so I can play more Tales of Symphonia which I have just started. Which will be great as it'll be on a 32" TV with huge speakers :jess:

I do not look forward to having to make sure I feed the cat (whatever my Mum says, I am not getting up at 7am to feed the cat, she can wait another hour or two surely), dealing with the washing, ironing, cleaning and cooking. I cannot cook; point blank, I can not cook, unless ready-made meals in a microwave count as "cooking". However, I may make Lasagne one day as I made it a million times in Food Technology at school, it just always tasted minging as I always forgot salt and pepper and never cooked the onions for long enough.

I have never washed clothes before, ever. So I asked my Mum to leave notes saying how to do it and stuff, but now there are millions of post-it notes everywhere saying things like "TURN OVEN OFF!!" and "MAKE SURE WINDOWS AND DOORS ARE LOCKED!!".

Unfortunately there will be no huge teenage house party like I would so love to have. Neighbours have no doubt been informed of what is going on, as have my friend's Mums and all of my relatives; my relatives have apparently been told to check up on us all of the time too. Also my brother is a big nerd who would no doubt grass on me if I had a party, also our house is kept like a show house by my parents, and it'd just get crashed at a party.

tl;dr. Discuss the things you like/dislike about being home alone :jess:

NeoTifa
07-08-2008, 08:12 PM
well, im currently on eoff. im bout to go in the living room and play fft and probably wind up throwing the controller at the tv. ..... idk thats about it. and eat

Blue Harvest
07-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Aw and I was going to shout "Party at Zeldy's" :(

Tallulah
07-08-2008, 08:18 PM
I live alone anyway, so I am used to it. It does get lonely, though. Not so much now I am living in a smaller house.

Blue Harvest
07-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I've never been home alone for more than 8 hours :(

Back at easter my friends parents went away for the weekend and we did what we usually do pretty much, except we had run of the house instead of being confined to her messy messy bedroom.

Peegee
07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I don't usually walk around nekkid regardless of how long alone I am. I think it's because (theoretically) people can walk in on me. I've had to let in friends into the house at all times of the day, including very early in the morning. I don't mind being topless but maybe they might xD

If I'm left all alone at the house, I usually distract myself by doing chores or sleeping. If I get really bored I will go out and find something to do.

Jojee
07-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Probably the same things I do when I'm not home alone :mog:

Peegee
07-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Probably the same things I do when I'm not home alone :mog:

Be asian?

Gogo
07-08-2008, 09:00 PM
I dislike being home alone because then there's no one around to scare. I'm a phantom for christ sake! I need something to work with!

BardTard
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Nothing I could/should be doing. I eat, sleep, play video games, watch TV, use the computer, shower, write poems/songs... basically everything I'd do regardless if my mom was here or not. I should have a party or something.

Blue Harvest
07-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I should have a party or something.

Meetup/party at Whiffles' house! :D

Depression Moon
07-08-2008, 09:54 PM
I like it when I'm home alone I don't have to deal with my little brother or my mother constantly getting on me about cleaning. I;m free to do anything.

rubah
07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
My parents went on a vacation out in the woods last summer and didn't take me, so I stayed alone for a couple of days. It wasn't so bad. I had my friend up and we swam the first night, watched borat, killed a red wasp (hair spray was a useful part of our strategy). I think I went through every single thing in their rooms/closet so I'm satisfied on that score.

I also was loud

Jess
07-08-2008, 11:57 PM
My parents went away for New Years for a couple of days and actually told me to have a party - so I'd stay at home with our dog rather than leave him at home on his own for a long time/having to put him into a kennel.

My 'rents are away at the moment, in Cyprus. It's just me, my brother and the dog. I do pretty much exactly the same as I do when my parents are here - except I do more housework/cooking than normal. :jess:

Balzac
07-09-2008, 12:08 AM
I wil sniff all your underwear, dress in your clothes. Pleasure myself inside your pantyhose.

I know it's not easy to leave me alone. But it's more fun when you're not home.

Rye
07-09-2008, 12:11 AM
My family has never left me alone for more than a few hours. When I'm alone, I like to clean the house. I'm not sure why, but cleaning in silence puts me in a pleasant mood.

crono_logical
07-09-2008, 12:39 AM
It becomes normal once you've lived like that for a few years :p

Caraliz
07-09-2008, 12:42 AM
I live with my boyfriend but he's usually at work so I clean or do wormanly stuff. I need a job pronto.

~*~Celes~*~
07-09-2008, 12:46 AM
my parents are gone every weekend during the summer. I pretty much do the same things I normally do, except I feel more free to leave the bathroom door open and walk around in just my undies and stuff. 's not like anyone's gonna see.

XxSephirothxX
07-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I live in an apartment with 3 friends so it's pretty rare for everyone to be gone. But back when I was in high school (specifically, senior year) I had the house to myself quite a lot. I'd typically have small parties, do what I want and generally just enjoy the solitude.

Jowy
07-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Today I bought groceries, did dishes, and tried to fix the vacuum cleaner.

Miriel
07-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Best thing about being home alone is running around naked. Yay! :D

Caraliz
07-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Best thing about being home alone is running around naked. Yay! :D
She gets it. Especially right after a good time.

Shiny
07-09-2008, 01:08 AM
One time I did this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ilaUVGjMkJo). Except to a different song.

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2008, 02:27 AM
My parents would never leave me alone that long. They are always so paranoid that if I'm alone more than twelve hours or if I leave the house I will be get raep.

Nominus Experse
07-09-2008, 02:41 AM
When home alone, I enjoy the peace and quiet connected to such a thing.

Leen-Leen
07-09-2008, 02:41 AM
I sing with my hairbrush as my microphone!

Well, I only did that once, but that sure was fun :jess:

Iceglow
07-09-2008, 07:19 AM
I live with my Girlfriend, she's currently been in Poland seeing her family for over a week now and isn't back until around sunday. I just spend my time talking to friends, going bed ridiculously late (even though I still try to get up at 06:45 every day) just I'm alone a lot which is ok for a while but after that it gets boring. I also like to have friends over which if I hadn't been so busy over the weekend I would have done but alas I will have to wait til friday or so to see one of my mates who I haven't seen in ages, the good news is they're spending the night to keep me company and make me considered "sane" again before the girlfriend comes home. The only major problem for me is I have to buy quite snacky food like pork pies or scotch eggs because when I am home alone I fully cannot be bothered to cook meals for just me. I'm one of these people who can cook wonderfully but hates to do so and therefore if cooking for one person will not be bothered to do so, it can be effort to make sandwiches. I also hate the microwave meals. Although me and my girlfriend have around 4 - 5 housemates (Aga in the next room just had her brother come live with her so thats where the 5th comes from) I sometimes get the house to myself, usually before work and rarely will actually end up in conversation with any of my housemates regardless, only 2 speak english clearly enough for me to have any kind of meaningful convo and most of the time they all speak in polish which I understand snippets of but cannot speak much.

Back when I was with my ex who used to visit this site I would be regulary at hers when we'd be left completely alone by her mom and her mom's boyfriend for weekends or longer at a time. Her mom and her mom's boyfriend used to go see his kids a lot and since one played rugby and one did near enough professional sprinting and cycling they'd spend weekends away on charity fund raisers, seeing games around the country, and other competitions. They also regulary and I mean 2 - 3 times minimum a year went on holiday for a week or 2 at a time. The longest period of time we were ever completely alone in her flat was 3 weeks. Time at hers spent alone generally involved going around naked (apart from if friends were over or we expected them back) sleeping on the sofa bed (32" tv and the fact that it was far more comfy than cramming in a single bed) and lots and lots of sex in pretty much every room in the flat. It was pretty much, when we didn't have friends over for a small gathering we'd be romping.

Drift
07-09-2008, 08:13 AM
living by myself for the next 3 months cause i got a job and dont wanna get a new one back home. mainly working all day but on my day's off i just walk round the house in my boxers and play games. how i wish i had monies :(

Shoeberto
07-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I like being home alone, just the feeling of solitude. I don't like being home alone late at night, though, when I'm feeling especially paranoid. A big empty farmhouse out in the middle of the country at night can be terrifying when you're alone with just your thoughts.

Breine
07-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I like being home alone. Just like Hsu I like the feeling of solitude, and the total freedom that comes with it. Two years ago I was home alone for a week since my parents and sister were going on vacation, and I really enjoyed it. I spend days just relaxing and having friends over, which is always good. Other than that I've spent many weekends being home alone.

In about a week I'm going to be home alone again, but this time it's for two weeks. It's gonna be great, and I'm already looking forward to it. Of course I have to cook my own dinner everyday, and do some housework, but that's fine. I guess it's a good practice for when I'll move out some day :)

Also, walking around naked ftw!

Mogi
07-10-2008, 01:10 AM
It's peaceful.
Plus, ordering pizza everyday is awesome, ne?

Rengori
07-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Usually just play guitar.

Muse Junkie
07-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Well seeing as how my room is usually where I am at when not at work, it's not really all that different. OH! I love not having to share a bathroom.

And I guess like a lot of the others have said... I like walking around nude. :)