PDA

View Full Version : Totally Tubular Taco Tuesday!

Flying Mullet
07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, not really, but the alliteration was needed.

Do you or did you ever have any meal rituals that are always done on a specific day of the week?

Growing up, breakfast on Monday/Wednesday were always eggs and bacon, Tuesday/Thursday were always cereal in the summer and oatmeal in the winter, Friday was breakfast burritos, Saturday was donuts and Sunday was bagels or croissants.

Peegee
07-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Not any more, now that Chemical cooks for me (and thus determines my diet).

Typically what I do is spend a lot of money for the first shopping week of the month. For example I would get steaks, ribs, or a lobster, or tiger shrimp....

Damnit I'm hungry now.

scrumpleberry
07-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Sunday dinner. roast bok-bok ftw.

theundeadhero
07-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Fridays used to be cheeseburgers with maccaroni and cheese night.

rubah
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
oh my gosh.

my parents have been eating taco salad every monday straight, barring maybe four mondays, for the last TWO YEARS.

I all but begged my mom to please cook something besides taco salad just once, but she never did, so I stopped eating it.

sunday morning = bacon + eggs/waffles and sometimes biscuits. saturday night = takeout

steaks are usually wednesday (right after grocery tiem), macaroni is usually with pork chops, but sometimes greens and usually on tuesday.

Hambone
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
No, I prefer not to have planned meals in such a fashion. It makes me feel like I'm back at a school cafeteria.

Blue Harvest
07-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Sundays are still roast dinner and thursdays are my mum's days off so she usually cooks then.

Jess
07-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Wednesdays - macaroni cheese
Fridays - my parents and brother nearly always have steak but I don't eat beef, so for me it varies.
Saturday - takeaway, usually chinese or indian. Mostly the former as it is closer, and opens earlier, but I prefer the latter - even though I love both. :love:
Sunday - Sunday Roast/Chili/Curry. Always one of the three, never anything else. :jess:

Zeldy
07-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Friday - chippy tea! I always order a large split, which is only something you can order here in St Helens, a split is chips and peas. There is even a song about a chippy tea on Friday by a band from my town. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_OkJaZFd4)

Sunday - Sunday dinner, doesn't everyone have them? I don't really like them though :p

I go mad if I miss chippy tea though, which I seem to do alot.

Rye
07-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Friday is almost always Pizza night, I adore it. The few times we don't have pizza, we usually have Chinese or rarely Wendy's/McDonald's/BK.

qwertysaur
07-09-2008, 01:08 AM
How weird, my mom is making Taco's right now. :p

Miriel
07-09-2008, 08:32 AM
My family and I aren't real big fans of have a scheduled lifestyle. We're spur of the moment type people. I usually don't know what I'm gonna be eating until like half an hour or so before I start eating.

NeoCracker
07-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Given how most things I make take no more then 20 Min, (And thats only when I have the energy to nuke a bowl of rice in this crappy microwave) so thats the longest between me eating and knowing what I'm going to eat. :

Generally it's more like 5 minutes.

Unless you count knowing I'm going to be eating chicken at work, as they give it to me for free every day I work, in which case weeks in advance. :p

CimminyCricket
07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Taco Tuesdays. The chow hall here on base has a taco bar here every Tuesday. It is delicious.

Flying Mullet
07-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I usually don't know what I'm gonna be eating until like half an hour or so before I start eating.
What if it takes an hour to prepare? :p

XxSephirothxX
07-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Never, with the exception of pancakes on a weekend morning as a generality growing up. It was never scheduled, though.

Balzac
07-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Friday - chippy tea! I always order a large split, which is only something you can order here in St Helens, a split is chips and peas.

I'm pretty sure most of the north west does them :P

Sunday dinner is the only set meal I have. And always at my friends house.

Shoeberto
07-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Friday night is usually when we eat out somewhere, since that's also grocery night, so my parents are in town anyway.

Saturday most of the time is pizza night, either from a restaurant, from frozen pizzas, or home made (which usually is the best).

Breine
07-09-2008, 07:05 PM
No, we've never had anything like that. Sometimes my dad'll cook a more fancy dinner on Fridays, but that's not really a ritual.. it's just him feeling like doing so.

Sergeant Hartman
07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Used to have Sunday Dinners, with lamb and mint sauce and all the trimmings.

Fonzie
07-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Freaky Pizza Friday imho.