PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Tooth

Rye
07-09-2008, 12:14 AM
My wisdom tooth has been growing in for the past year, slowly. It usually doesn't hurt me anymore, since it's out of the gum, but at work, I bought a bag of sour Lemon Head candies, because even though they're so sour that they literally burn my mouth (think Warhead sour), they keep me awake and I enjoy them and the sweet center. The only thing is that it's woken up the wrath of the sensitive gum around that tooth.

Do you have any wisdom teeth growing up/how many wisdom teeth do you have?
Did/does it hurt?

rubah
07-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Apparently I have two, and there seems to be room enough for the two they've seen in x-rays, but they're just hanging out anyways, so~

TyphoonThaReapa
07-09-2008, 12:47 AM
A'yo, I had three but now I have one. The one I got is cool for now. But maybe in the future, I'll get that pulled out too...:rolleyes2

Kes
07-09-2008, 12:49 AM
There used to be four. Now there are none. There was an epic story of a phobia of needles, chipmunk cheeks and a bottle of Vicodin I refused to touch (or sell to my friend) about the removal.

They never bothered me before they were taken out though, and that was only a two week ordeal.

o_O
07-09-2008, 01:35 AM
My wisdom teeth all fit in my jaw, so I got lucky, I guess. I remember it took a while to get used to brushing that far back in my mouth. :p

Shlup
07-09-2008, 01:37 AM
All of mine grew in at once during my senior year of high school. My mouth was almost big enough for them, so they grew in fine, though teething at eighteen sucked.

I had them all taken out at once. It was fun! Good drugs followed by a couple of days of ice cream.

Mogi
07-09-2008, 02:14 AM
I've already got two of them :S
I don't know how my top two are going to fit though D:

Kirobaito
07-09-2008, 02:16 AM
I had three of them. I did not give them the chance to grow in. So I guess in the aftermath of the surgery, it hurt (though the worst part was trying out for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire the next day in 100+ degree heat for 2 hours).

Yamaneko
07-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Had surgery to get them removed before they came out because they were obstructing the work my orthodontist wanted to do with the braces.

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm not even sure if they started growing before I had them taken out, so I was never bothered by them ever. They took all four out at once, and it was great! I went in and they were like, "Okay, we're gonna put this brace around your arm so you don't move it in your sleep." and then I woke up in my grandma's guest bedroom (guess I had to be carried to and from the car xDDD).

The first day I was sleeping and drooling half of the time, then the rest of the week my cheeks were really really swollen (Some of you have seen a picture S:</>). I got to miss five days of school, had lots of pity ice cream, and it hurt just for like the third day or something. It was awesome.

Nominus Experse
07-09-2008, 02:42 AM
The cruel people in the white coats that wield the funny gas took them from me!

Namelessfengir
07-09-2008, 03:08 AM
i had three, two top and bottom right
i think i snapped off the left when i was twelve, they said it was probably a calcium deposit

Jojee
07-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Ugh, don't even talk to me about wisdom teeth ;_; One of mine is growing in, and I don't know if I have any others. I'm getting X-rays and removal(s) done as soon as I move to law school in September. I'm not getting it done now because I don't have dental insurance now and it's rather expensive to get a bunch of wisdom teeth removed.

It really made my teeth crooked and even more crowded and I'm really self-conscious about it though. I used to have even teeth and now they're uneven and blah, I need to get braces after this ordeal. I can't wait until I can get this bish removed. :]

Madame Adequate
07-09-2008, 03:33 AM
All four of mine are most of teh way in, but still have some gum to go. :( Every now and then one will flare up painfully for a few days.

Miriel
07-09-2008, 09:33 AM
3 years ago, I had my bottom two wisdom teeth pulled out. Getting it pulled wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. The worst part of it are the sounds as they're pulling the teeth out. You can't feel any of it but the CRUNCH CRUNCH of the pulling is disgusting and freaked me out.

One of my upper wisdom tooth just grew out and it's just sitting there. Makes me feel a little lopsided having more teeth on one side of my mouth than the other. Messes with the OCD in me.

Levian
07-09-2008, 09:37 AM
There's no sign of wisdom teeth in my mouth, only regular dumb teeth. Which I'm fine with.

Momiji
07-09-2008, 01:54 PM
There used to be four. Now there are none. There was an epic story of a phobia of needles, chipmunk cheeks and a bottle of Vicodin I refused to touch (or sell to my friend) about the removal.

They never bothered me before they were taken out though, and that was only a two week ordeal.

I was about to say that about word for word. I was fine before I had them removed, then because of a bad reaction to Vicodin, I was pretty much stuck in bed for almost a month. >_<

Bunny
07-09-2008, 02:48 PM
My wisdom teeth were removed a few years ago. The dentist stabbed my gums with four six inch long needles that completely numbed my entire mouth for two days before starting the removal procedure. Halfway through the operation, I fell asleep. When I woke up, he told me that I was very close to keeping all of them because they weren't that bad.

Then I had to walk 3 miles back home, completely delirious. Someone said hello to me and I completely ignored them. But since this was Boot Camp, I was supposed to greet and salute everyone of a higher rank that passed me. The guy ran across the street and started yelling at me, then he realized just how high and out of it I was and said "Carry on." and felt like an idiot.

The next day, I got to sleep in because I was still so very high. When my commander was giving everyone a lesson, I woke up and peeked out of my bed. He looked at me, I grinned super wide, and he gave me a terrible look that I am sure would've made kittens explode. I went back to sleep.

Breine
07-09-2008, 03:46 PM
I have three wisdom teeth, but none of them needs to be removed.. I think? They don't hurt at all, and they've grown really well and straight.

Neat stuff if you ask me.

Flying Mullet
07-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Had surgery to get them removed before they came out because they were obstructing the work my orthodontist wanted to do with the braces.
Somewhat similar, but I had one of my upper rear molars pulled to help move my teeth and the wisdom tooth replaced it. I had my two lower wisdom teeth removed as well around the same time, when I was 15. The other wisdom tooth up top decided to start growing in about a year and a half ago and it was removed.

Blue Harvest
07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
I've got a few wisdom teeth but only one needs to be removed, 'cause I broke it...

Madame Adequate
07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
3 years ago, I had my bottom two wisdom teeth pulled out. Getting it pulled wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. The worst part of it are the sounds as they're pulling the teeth out. You can't feel any of it but the CRUNCH CRUNCH of the pulling is disgusting and freaked me out.

I felt the same way. The only part I really disliked was the injections. Now I'm no Rye, I can take injections reasonably well, but being stabbed in the roof of the mouth is probably the most painful thing I have ever felt. And I've got medicine resistance or something, I needed twice as much as most adults do, and I was like 14. Once numbed, however, the teeth themselves weren't bad. The pulling was a lot less finessed than might be expected :p Oh, my anaesthetic let me still feel what was going on, just without pain. That was cool and disgusting, because not only did I hear it, I felt the tooth being ripped from my mouth.

Jojee
07-10-2008, 04:05 PM

I'm so going to be passed out when they do this.

That's possible, right?

Bunny
07-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Yes. I fell asleep during my surgery, so passing out can happen.

starseeker
07-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I never had wisdom teeth. And hearing all of this I am very glad of that.

Jessweeee♪
07-10-2008, 08:42 PM

I'm so going to be passed out when they do this.

That's possible, right?

They make you go sleepy :bounce:

Jojee
07-10-2008, 09:27 PM
That's what I thought, but then people were like "I was awake and hearing my tooth get taken out lalala" and I'm like ...D; D; D; D; ... D:

I've gotten shots in my mouth before though, when they filled cavaties, and it wasn't too bad... o_o I think they put numbing gel on first, though. But not on the roof of my mouth. ... Oh god, I'm freaking myself out now. xD And I won't even get this done for two months EARLIEST. I don't even know if I have any other wisdom teeth besides the one that grew out.

Iceglow
07-11-2008, 01:19 AM
I have both upper wisdom teeth already, courtesy of the shattered jaw when I was 16 they had lots of room to push the others forwards and thus there was very little pain. At the moment my back left wisdom tooth is cutting, it's severely impacted as well due to lack of space which is bad, I could require invasive surgery to remove it since I doubt it will grow out enough for the dentist to pull it free. I'd like it gone now asap since early on this week it caused me tons of pain and I indeed worked on 4 grams of pain killers one day because it hurt. I have found however that Listerine total care, antibacterial mouth wash sends my mouth including the tooth numb thus stopping any pain for a good long period of time.

I think I mentioned my tooth on msn to you Rye, I don't know either way if I have the lonely hearts club with Agrias I can have the "Wisdom teeth hurt and suck!" group with you.

SammieBabe
07-11-2008, 05:39 AM
Had my wisdom teeth removed last year. They were hurting for a couple months before I had them removed. Had all four taken out at once via oral surgery. Thoroughly enjoyed the Vicoden they gave me before the surgery, and the Percocet they gave me afterwards. I looked like a chipmunk for a couple days but was fine in a week...