PDA

View Full Version : Fandoms

Shlup
07-09-2008, 01:46 AM
What other fandoms do you actively participate in? Do you post at the message boards, or just view the pages?

I'm fairly active in The Sims 2 community. I post semi-regularly at a few of the bigger sites and have a Sims-only LiveJournal. I even made a LiveJournal community called SimSecret.

I'm also pretty active in The Office fandom (US version). I'm a member of the main LiveJournal community, Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey's blogs, and read all the news.

I also pay attention to the Grey's Anatomy fandom, but I'm not active in it.

Aerith's Knight
07-09-2008, 01:48 AM

Grey's anatomy fandom(cooled down)

Random anime fandom at da-anime.org

Fonzie
07-09-2008, 01:48 AM
I sometimes wish to put my co-workers objects in Jello.

Rye
07-09-2008, 01:52 AM
I'm part of various Harry Potter LJ communities, a slash community or twom and an Azumanga Daioh one, I think!

I'm not much active in fandoms over all, though. I'm getting into the Ouran High School Host Club fandom spirit though.

Laddy
07-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Al, update your legacy. X(

Amazing Race and Survivor boards. I also visit some music sites from time to time.

rubah
07-09-2008, 01:57 AM
ff and hp are about it atm. in fact, I haven't really been a part of other fandoms. I've posted a few things at the official sabriel site forums and added garth nix to facebook, but that's about it for that.

oh wait, yeah I used to go to a star wars chat a long time ago, but it's gone ;.;

Yamaneko
07-09-2008, 02:01 AM
It's humiliating enough being part of one.

o_O
07-09-2008, 02:01 AM
I find myself joining forums never returning there after my initial visit. The only places I'm active are here, on a PPC mobile phone forum, and general geekery forum - and hardly active at the latter two. :p

Aerith's Knight
07-09-2008, 02:02 AM
oh wait, yeah I used to go to a star wars chat a long time ago, but it's gone ;.;

*doesn't say anything*

Balzac
07-09-2008, 02:04 AM
The only other forum I really post on is a 3d forum where I work.

Mogi
07-09-2008, 02:07 AM
I post on a gamemaking forum, but mostly just to help out with plot-building.
:P

Miriel
07-09-2008, 02:19 AM
The only fandom I was ever super active in was LotR.

There are things I'm interested in like The Office, Lost, BSG and SYTYCD and I read message boards occasionally when new episodes come out, but I wouldn't call myself active in those fandoms. Just interested in news and what other people think about the newest episodes. Oh and I love spoilers. I hunt down spoilers on most of the TV shows that I adore.

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Ace Attorney :love:

Nominus Experse
07-09-2008, 02:42 AM
Several Diablo sites
Zelda sites
And RPG Maker sites

Momiji
07-09-2008, 03:22 AM
I'm a member at the Shmups forum, and I run a forum for moe-anime fandom.

Jojee
07-09-2008, 03:25 AM
Ragnarok Online :aimblush:
Sex and the City :aimsun:

And I post at my board and web design, of course. ^_^

Vermachtnis
07-09-2008, 03:29 AM
A digimon fandom
Part of Momiji's Moegang.

Madame Adequate
07-09-2008, 03:32 AM
World of Warcraft, Halo (Primarily 3), The Elder Scrolls Morrowind/Oblivion, Suikoden.

Shlup
07-09-2008, 03:49 AM
Al, update your legacy. X(

They all died. The End.

rubah
07-09-2008, 04:15 AM

*doesn't say anything*
:confused:

Shoeberto
07-09-2008, 04:36 AM
I frequent the Alientrap forums, though anymore I just go to look at screenshots; it's really lost my interest. Other fandoms, I've never really gotten that into. I've gone to a few boards before - just trying to expand myself a bit, I guess - and I just never really hit it off with the people. Usually because I don't care that much about actually discussing whatever it is the board is about and their general forums are basically the exact same thing as here except without any familiar faces to make it interesting.

Roto13
07-09-2008, 04:53 AM

You're a mod on a Final Fantasy forum. :P

I honestly believe half of you people forget why this site even exists. xP

rubah
07-09-2008, 04:55 AM
There's a difference between being a moderator and being someone that likes something. This goes for places beyond eoff :p

Shlup
07-09-2008, 05:02 AM
My being here in the first place has nothing to do with Final Fantasy.

Roto13
07-09-2008, 05:28 AM
You guys are n00bs

Miriel
07-09-2008, 05:51 AM

You're a mod on a Final Fantasy forum. :P

I honestly believe half of you people forget why this site even exists. xP
When the LotR movies were coming out, I was actively participating in discussion ABOUT LotR. Not about what kind of apartment I live in, or what my favorite color was. I specifically went out to LotR events, met half the cast, and followed LotR related news on a regular basis, making pretty little LotR based graphics, got my name listed in the credits, etc. Basically, I was a huge nerd for LotR. :p

I uh, don't know any of the recent Final Fantasy news. I don't go to the FF related gatherings, I don't even play FF on a regular basis (although I do play FFXI sporadically), I only post once in awhile in the FF forums and the last Final Fantasy related art that I created was like... three years ago (http://forums.eyesonff.com/1153760-post7.html).

Yamaneko
07-09-2008, 05:53 AM
If you don't like Final Fantasy then you shouldn't be moderating a Final Fantasy community.

Kes
07-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Well, I guess I'm only currently active in the Sherwood Smith fandom through a community on LJ but I'm pretty sure the fandom as a whole was so tiny.

My fandom adventures started off with HP where my shining moment was as a comments moderator on Mugglenet for all of about a month and a half.

Then came the Tamora Pierce fandom for about four years (where I was a moderator on a moderately sized message board). About 50 of us still keep in contact (somewhat) through LJ and AIM.

I was part of the Eragon fandom for a very short time as a fake person because I was curious about anonymity and identity on the internet and I figured I'd pick some place I could be a condescending bitch.

And then there's EoFF but I haven't participated much in the FF part. >.>

Miriel
07-09-2008, 06:16 AM
If you don't like Final Fantasy then you shouldn't be moderating a Final Fantasy community.

Jesus Christ, man. I don't know how you read into things the way you do.

Yamaneko
07-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Probably not too seriously.

Roto13
07-09-2008, 06:43 AM
I would say I was active in the Soul Calibur fan community if I actually liked Soul Calibur fans.

Pro tip: Don't join a fighting game community. Hardcore fighting fans are assholes.

Shibuyeah
07-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Well, I joined a Final Fantasy forum once?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-09-2008, 07:19 AM
If you ever find yourself going to a jrock forum, you'll find the most elitist fans of anything on the face of the planet. (assuming this thread isn't limited to video games)

Baloki
07-09-2008, 07:53 AM
*snip*

Ramza Beoulve
07-09-2008, 08:20 AM
A lot of Saint Seiya groups during my first years on forums (most of them dead, or completely forgotten by time), and well...

HeLL (http://forums.eyesonff.com)

Raistlin
07-09-2008, 02:31 PM

I think there should be a quota for how much FF a staff member has to play each year to remain on staff. Think of how improved the forums would be!

Yar
07-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I visit a hockey forum regularly.

Not so much to post as to catch news, and read fellow fans' opinions about news. I also enjoy reading crackpot "trade proposals" by people who enjoy playing armchair GMs.

Jiro
07-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I joined a crapload of sites as a kid, and forgot them all. This is the only place I frequent anymore. It's not such a bad place :)

Breine
07-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Other than this place.. none. I used to be pretty active in a Buffy forum some years ago, but that died out.

rubah
07-09-2008, 05:04 PM

I think there should be a quota for how much FF a staff member has to play each year to remain on staff. Think of how improved the forums would be!

me and leeza would be the only ones left. . . well kosher maybe

Jojee
07-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Yes, then you replace everyone else with all the hardcore FF gamers ;)

scrumpleberry
07-09-2008, 05:23 PM
I've never been very active in the community, but I used to read Harry Potter fanfics etc., wrote a couple of insane ones for a laugh, and still do HP fanart from time to time. Also I watch lots of people who do primarily pottery art INCLUDING THIS PERSON WHO IS FABBYLICIOUS (http://makani.deviantart.com/) and she does GW as well which makes her double-cool.

Old Manus
07-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I can't think of anything. I usually end up getting banned by over-zealous moderators before I ever get really into it.