PDA

View Full Version : Firefly on Blu-Ray.

Balzac
07-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Firefly DVD news: Blu-Ray Disc Release for Firefly - The Complete Series | TVShowsOnDVD.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Firefly-Blu-ray-Release/9350)

Talk about how amazing this news is!

Namelessfengir
07-09-2008, 02:36 AM
this shiny good show will be even shinier!!!

Nominus Experse
07-09-2008, 05:45 AM
While some of the lines delivered within the show are quite well done, as are some of the development and acting of the characters, I never truly found this show to be that marvelous.

It has its points of achievement, but I could never really enjoy the show.

(And yes, I did give it a good chance to grow or appeal to me as I watched 5 episodes)

Shlup
07-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Yaaaay! Except I have no plans to buy Blu-Ray, but everything Firefly is neat.

Miriel
07-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Does anyone even use Blu-Ray?

Kes
07-09-2008, 07:06 AM
I don't have Blu-ray (my brother went and convinced my parents to buy HD-DVD without doing any research) and I probably won't for a long time, but that probably won't stop me from actually purchasing this.

I mean, I'll get Blu-ray eventually, right? And I'll probably watch this enough to justify the purchase. I already have two versions of Serenity and I've been meaning to buy another copy of Firefly because mine is seriously beat up, though all the disks still function flawlessly.

Additional commentary? YES PLEASE!

Germ Hamee
07-09-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm excited for this. I wonder how many discs we can expect to be in the set. It'd be nice to have it all on one or two things.

And as far as the Blu-Ray subject goes... I haven't bought a single DVD since I got a BR player. The more released, the better for me! :D

Elly
07-09-2008, 12:20 PM
it does seem odd that a show that was purposely filmed with a shaky camera and film grain to give it a gritty look would go to a sharper picture format... that aside i love the firefly series, have the whole thing on DVD along with 2 versions of the movie Serenity, so i'll prolly pick this up too, i don't have a Blu-Ray player yet but i should be getting a PS3 as soon as i'm done paying off the Discover card...

Breine
07-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Yaaaay! Except I have no plans to buy Blu-Ray, but everything Firefly is neat.

Qft.