PDA

View Full Version : Question about a certain Wii game.

Markus. D
07-09-2008, 01:42 PM
I have a 100% chance of purchasing brawl the coming day.

Will I be able to effectively play it one hand?

You see I have a cast that coats any possible way of holding anything with my left hand.

Momiji
07-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I would say no.

Markus. D
07-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Well crap... ._.;

not even with the one wiimote ;-;?

Jiro
07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Maybe you can use your mouth or feet? Or somehow use the one hand with two controllers? It might not work too well, but it's worth a shot :D

Roto13
07-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Pro tip: If you want a Wii game you can play with one hand, get Boom Blox because it's awesome.

JKTrix
07-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Pro tip: If you want a Wii game you can play with one hand, get Boom Blox because it's awesome.

JKTrix approved.

Does the cast cover your fingers entirely? Or is your forearm mobile in any way? What you could do is get/use a Classic Controller (or perhaps the Gamecube controller, but the Classic is flatter) and rest it on your lap or a table or something. Use your left hand on top of the analog stick and use your right hand's fingers for the other buttons. If you have problems hitting the triggers for shield and grab, I'm pretty sure you can set those commands to one of the face buttons (a/b/x/y). Unwieldly I'm sure, and it will probably agitate whatever injury you have so I wouldn't exactly recommend it.

As for your actual question though, I'll reinforce the other answers already given in saying that you can't really play it with one hand.

XxSephirothxX
07-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Define effectively.

But, seriously, you've played Smash Bros. before, right? There's no way you could play it with one hand.

Shoeberto
07-09-2008, 05:46 PM
The only waggle controls they have in Brawl is the option of waving the controller to do smashes. Aside from that you're really just stuck with two-handed options.

Evastio
07-10-2008, 10:02 PM
If you're really willing to play Brawl one handed I'm thinking the Game Cube controller would be your best bet. I actually tried playing Melee one handed before (since I was eating cake at a birthday party one time) and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.