PDA

View Full Version : The Northeastern Meet Up Planning Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Rye
07-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I wanted to make this thread to see who is willing to go and when would be good for them and some possible locations. Speak up, tell us what times are good, which month isn't good, etc, and if enough people are interesting, we'll start planning out a definite time and location. But for now, discuss!

Members Interested:
Rye

As for me:

I'll put it right out there that I'm going to push for NYC like a mofo, because most of the NE people in the social group are in and around NY, and simply, because NYC is amazing, there's so much to do there, and you have the subway going all night (unlike the trains in Boston, Robert!), so we can do a lot of things. I wouldn't mind doing something in Rhode Island though, like Providence or Newport. It's just that NYC is much better.

As for me, I guess anytime from October to before winter break is quite good, if we're doing NYC. I'll be a little broke in September since that's when Huxley is visiting, so I won't be down for dishing out money for AMTRAK and putting money towards the possibility of a hotel, food, etc. If we're doing another location close to RI, then just about anytime except for the 12 - 22st of September is good. xD

(tl;dr: The best time and location for me is NYC and October - Before Christmas Break)

So yeah, who's interested, where do you wanna go, when can you go, etc? :jess:

ljkkjlcm9
07-09-2008, 08:07 PM
all those who are 21 or over and want to go to Foxwoods in Connecticut... say I!
lol I'll probably be in school which is in Virginia... so idk if I could do a meet up. I was gonna do the Mid-west, but lack of money kept me from that. This will probably be closer... so more likely!

THE JACKAL

qwertysaur
07-09-2008, 08:20 PM
With New York City the question is what can't we do. If I can save up enough money. :p

JKTrix
07-09-2008, 08:32 PM
I...will actually be in Rhode Island for school starting from October. So I could possibly come...
I don't know how far RI is from NY though. I'll be a USA noob.

Rye
07-09-2008, 08:37 PM
I...will actually be in Rhode Island for school starting from October. So I could possibly come...
I don't know how far RI is from NY though. I'll be a USA noob.

Wow, you're going to school in Rhode Island too, no way? What school? I'll faint if you're going to URI, I'll have an EoFF buddy!

It's 3 hours away by train. It's a bit pricy, but if you're willing to come, we can meet at the station and take the train.

Madame Adequate
07-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Anything except September is bad for me :monster:

But seriously. You kids have fun!

JKTrix
07-09-2008, 08:53 PM
'New England Institute of Technology' is where I'm going. According to Google Maps, that's 22.4 miles away from URI.

For reference, Bermuda is 21 sq. miles.

Rye
07-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Wow! That must seem pretty far in comparison. That's my morning commute though to work, nearly. xD You must be pretty excited!

And yes, you're very close, so you should come, Ko Ko!

Jojee
07-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Haha, I was gonna meet Denmark in the area before but he ditched me, that bish :p I do visit a friend in NYC every so often, although I doubt I'll be able to go if it's during school. Why not hold it during Xmas break? ^_^

Where do you even live, qwerty?

qwertysaur
07-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Blauvelt NY. I'm on the member map :p

Rye
07-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Because even though I'll be back in NY, my parents wouldn't be thrilled if I was like "BRB FOR THE WEEKEND NYC." xD

Chemical
07-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm actually planning to go to NYC at the end of October anyways.

Rye
07-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh my! I was hoping for something like this. And October is a good month too!

Tama2
07-09-2008, 09:42 PM
I shall show my ugly mug if I can manage to get away for a weekend. Honestly, November would be the best time for me. But I can squeeze my schedule. I think...

Awrini
07-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I should be over my surprise financial constraint by then, if all goes well I'll be there.

XxSephirothxX
07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
'New England Institute of Technology' is where I'm going. According to Google Maps, that's 22.4 miles away from URI.

For reference, Bermuda is 21 sq. miles.
Funny that you're moving to the tiniest state in the US and it's still way bigger than Bermuda. :p

Denmark
07-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I am quite suitably interested! And NYC is a simple bus ride for me from school, which is where I am now and will be until Christmas break for the most part. (PS Jessica, Boston > NYC but it's also about 6 or 7 hours from school so I'm willing to go with that tradeoff). If I were to be at home I would prefer Boston because it's just better, but I can live with NYC since I'm at school.

As for when, Columbus Day weekend and the weekend of November 1-2 (hereafter known as Halloween weekend) would be poor choices for me, with Columbus Day being worse. The weekend of November 22-23 is also a bad one, and after that is Thanksgiving and then I'll have to start worrying about finals. So sometime in October or November, not including those specified weekends, should be excellent for me.

Caraliz
07-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm going. For sure. But don't be surprised if drama starts.

editga: Boston is good for me.

Denmark
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
You're only allowed to come if Bob is coming with you.

Caraliz
07-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm coming even if Bob doesn't go. :P

Rye
07-09-2008, 11:27 PM
So our updated interest list is:

Members Interested:
Denmark
Caraliz & Bert
enano
Tama2
Rye
Chemical if the time is right!
qwertysora
Jojo if the time is right!
Ko Ko
JKTrix
qwertysora
ljkkjlcm9

And our top choice seems to NYC so far!

EDIT: Why drama? =O

Caraliz
07-09-2008, 11:28 PM
It follows me around. ;p

Jojee
07-10-2008, 12:57 AM
I'll save you Liz :p November 29th weekend plox~

Not that I'm even sure I can go, but that would be the best weekend in that time range.

Miriel
07-10-2008, 01:02 AM
It follows me around. ;p

Drama ftw. Y'all have a crazy drama filled weekend and then report back. :greenie:

theundeadhero
07-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Because even though I'll be back in NY, my parents wouldn't be thrilled if I was like "BRB FOR THE WEEKEND NYC." xDAt that point in your life that shouldn't be so much of a concern as how much you want to do it. You're a grown-up in college. Sometimes grown-ups do things their parents don't agree with but it's okay.

Denmark
07-10-2008, 02:03 AM
Christmas break would be bad for me too, I neglected to mention.

ljkkjlcm9
07-10-2008, 02:20 AM
if I'm lucky enough and it happens to be around a long weekend, I should be able to go. I may bring someone with me... cause I'm silly like that.

THE JACKEL

Rye
07-10-2008, 02:36 AM
Because even though I'll be back in NY, my parents wouldn't be thrilled if I was like "BRB FOR THE WEEKEND NYC." xDAt that point in your life that shouldn't be so much of a concern as how much you want to do it. You're a grown-up in college. Sometimes grown-ups do things their parents don't agree with but it's okay.

I know what you mean, tuh, but that really doesn't work with my parents. "Wouldn't be thrilled" was a gross understatement on my part. My parents are not like most parents, who understand that 18 year olds in college need to make their own decisions. It's a shame, because I try to compromise and live up to my age, but they don't compromise back. It's not so much that my parents would not agree and get upset, it's more that, without hyperbole or exaggeration, they would throw a gigantic hissy fit and would literally stand in front of my car to block me drive there, or hide my keys from me, or something immature. My parents are overbearing beyond belief, so I do everything in secret because I give up trying to compromise to no avail. ;o

I think I act as grown up as I can, concerning the situation. xD

Shiny
07-10-2008, 02:46 AM
I am going to college in NYC starting September so October sounds fine to me.

Rye
07-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Really, which college, Shiny? =O!

mooglebunni608
07-10-2008, 02:50 AM
It sounds like fun, I want to come!! And it wouldn't be too hard to get to NYC, I could take the train, or a bus. The only thing would be having enough time to convince the parents to let me do it alone >< I've already been asking them to let me go anyway... I could probably make in in October <3 I'd only be able to come in for the day though, I think. :/
(And Boston would be loads easier, <3)

DK
07-10-2008, 02:59 AM
I'll be going to this.

Madame Adequate
07-10-2008, 03:02 AM
I'll be going to this.

wat

Rye
07-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Are you serious, Dan!? =O

Or are you playing my heart like a fiddle. ;;

DK
07-10-2008, 03:08 AM
I'll be going to this.

wat

You heard me.

Madame Adequate
07-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Fuck where do I get another £500 for airline tickets then what the hell dan pressure much?

DK
07-10-2008, 03:32 AM
£500 what the fuck google lied to me okay I'm just going to send a shoe instead have fun.

Madame Adequate
07-10-2008, 03:34 AM
£500 what the smurf google lied to me okay I'm just going to send a shoe instead have fun.

actually might be lots less for NYC now I think of it what did you find on google

Yamaneko
07-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Have fun doing non-alcohol related things, losers.

Misfit
07-10-2008, 04:17 AM
Jowy and I might go, 'cause like... lol we live in PA. And meet-ups are fun. n_n ESPECIALLY IF MOMMY IS GOING~~~~!

Rye
07-10-2008, 04:21 AM
Wow, this turn out is more wonderful than I dreamed:

Members Interested:
Denmark
Caraliz & Bert
enano
Tama2
Rye
Chemical if the time is right!
qwertysora
Jojo if the time is right!
Ko Ko
JKTrix
qwertysora
ljkkjlcm9
DK
Misfit
Jowy
Mooglebunni
Shiny

I am so happy. :jess:

Shiny
07-10-2008, 04:25 AM
*looks at list*Oh gawd. We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Denmark
07-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Likelihood of all of those people going: 1%

Jojee
07-10-2008, 04:45 AM
You listed qwerty twice :jess:

How does November 28-30th weekend work for people? I have Thanksgiving break from the 22nd to the 1st, and I could probably use a vacation in that time after all that law school. Dunno if it would be to NYC, but that's definitely the best weekend for me.

Awrini
07-10-2008, 05:19 AM
If Jowy and Misfit go, that potentially triples my chances of going.

Denmark
07-10-2008, 06:11 AM
You listed qwerty twice :jess:

How does November 28-30th weekend work for people? I have Thanksgiving break from the 22nd to the 1st, and I could probably use a vacation in that time after all that law school. Dunno if it would be to NYC, but that's definitely the best weekend for me.

And forgot the x both times xD

Thanksgiving weekend is horrible. I will be with family, that's a guarantee.

escobert
07-10-2008, 06:49 AM
I'll be going to this.

YES :D
whenever whereever for me!

Kes
07-10-2008, 06:57 AM

I know what you mean, tuh, but that really doesn't work with my parents. "Wouldn't be thrilled" was a gross understatement on my part. My parents are not like most parents, who understand that 18 year olds in college need to make their own decisions. It's a shame, because I try to compromise and live up to my age, but they don't compromise back. It's not so much that my parents would not agree and get upset, it's more that, without hyperbole or exaggeration, they would throw a gigantic hissy fit and would literally stand in front of my car to block me drive there, or hide my keys from me, or something immature. My parents are overbearing beyond belief, so I do everything in secret because I give up trying to compromise to no avail. ;o

I think I act as grown up as I can, concerning the situation. xD

Rye, your parents might surprise you after you've been away from home for a good handful of months. I know mine did.

Still, I'd lose all my mother's respect (and possibly most of her financial backing) if she ever found out I was going to an online meetup, so I kind of just sit back and watch the resulting caramelldansen gifs.

Akaria
07-10-2008, 07:21 AM
I don't have school this fall, but I will hopefully have a part time job. If all goes well in the next couple of weeks, I could probably go to this, TBH. Unlike the midwest meetup ;_;

Edit: Kes, if you're on the way to NY from MN, or somewhere relatively close, I could probably come pick you up (given I go) and you could say I'm a friend from school or some such awesomeness:p

Levian
07-10-2008, 12:07 PM
WHY DO I HAVE TO LIVE IN NORWAY NOBODY LIVES HERE

Madame Adequate
07-10-2008, 12:19 PM

Feel my pain =(

Levian
07-10-2008, 12:20 PM
But dozens of EoFFers live in UK!

Madame Adequate
07-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I thought your pain was not getting to go to a meetup you wanted to go to :P

Levian
07-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh, nope, I just want human contact.

Jojee
07-10-2008, 01:14 PM
thanksgiving weekend is the 22nd, Denny bish. The 28th weekend is the one after ^_^

Psh Milfy, you get to go to England meet ups. xD ALL THE HOT ACCENTS.

Faris
07-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Count me in as a maybe! :)

Rantz
07-10-2008, 02:46 PM
My spirit will be there but my body stays home.

Breine
07-10-2008, 03:50 PM

It's the same with Denmark :(

I'm actually going to New York in mid April, but that's a long time after October. It would've been cool if I could go to this meet up.

escobert
07-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh, nope, I just want human contact.

come spend time with me levi ;)

Misfit
07-10-2008, 05:36 PM

YOU CAN COME LIVE IN OUR ATTIC~ n_n It's xbox huuuuuuuuuuge!

I want to party hardy with liz and bert imo!! 8-)

Also, weekends are good yes. Weekends. Thanksgiving weekend is okay for me. MOM >:{

Chemical
07-10-2008, 05:52 PM
PG will add himself as tentative

That's a pretty epic gathering list, qwertysora appears to be bringing their doppleganger.

PS. I'll be in NYC October 30 - Nov 2

Peegee
07-10-2008, 05:58 PM
I want to go! But no idea if I can get the days off.

I am requesting some 2-3 weeks off in Nov-Dec as it is.

Since it's just a bus ride there (finally a meetup where I'm not part of the planning committee) I can sign up at the last minute. I'm cool with bathtub sleeping

edit: when is this? Chemical said last week of October. Joy just mentioned the weekend before my birthday (22nd weekend) where I should be with my family to celebrate my birthday.

Misfit
07-10-2008, 06:05 PM
eww gross if peeg is going I'm ttly not going he is way too old imo!!!! :smash:

escobert
07-10-2008, 06:09 PM
no old chinas :mad2:

Peegee
07-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I hate you too, Shay ^_^

Jojee
07-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Ya PG is super old and azn, I dunno if the meetup can handle him ;|

There isn't a set date yet. I don't want the 22nd weekend, pay attention ;-; I'd prefer the 28th weekend, though, which is the one after that.

Misfit
07-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I hate you too, Shay ^_^

;_; i was gonna bring pikachus too

Peegee
07-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I have to double check but I don't even think I'll be in Canada for mid November - December (which means Chemical doesn't need to set up a birthday party for me); will be in Asia during that time.

So don't worry, no dirty old asians will be bugging you =)

I have a couple of pikachu pencil tips I have on my computer -- I recently moved them to the car.

They won't follow me but then again it looks like I might not be able to go =(

Misfit
07-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I have to double check but I don't even think I'll be in Canada for mid November - December (which means Chemical doesn't need to set up a birthday party for me); will be in Asia during that time.

So don't worry, no dirty old asians will be bugging you =)

I have a couple of pikachu pencil tips I have on my computer -- I recently moved them to the car.

They won't follow me but then again it looks like I might not be able to go =(

I WAS KIDDING YOU'RE GOING OMG WTF :(

I Took the Red Pill
07-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Somebody swing by the University of Rochester so I can hitch a ride.

escobert
07-10-2008, 07:18 PM
If it is in NYC liz and I could probably pick up some new yorkers :p

Denmark
07-10-2008, 07:51 PM
thanksgiving weekend is the 22nd, Denny bish. The 28th weekend is the one after ^_^

Thanksgiving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving)

Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday of November.

Thanksgiving 2008 is November 27.

lrn2america

PS Joy shouldn't this focus more on when those of us who live in the Northeast can make it? I personally don't think it would be fair if the Northeast meetup was put on a specific weekend just for someone who doesn't live in the Northeast. [/bitter]

Jojee
07-10-2008, 07:55 PM
:O

Screw you too, you azn!

I... I've never had such a long Thanksgiving break before. xD Usually we get Thurs and Fri off and that's it.

Caraliz
07-10-2008, 09:28 PM
I've never been to NYC so that would be cool, but Boston is only 2 hours away, and then we could get Teddy to go!

And September FTW because then Milf could go. :D

Rye
07-10-2008, 11:22 PM
I love how many folks are interested. :jess:

And no, I don't think that's a good idea, Liz, because Hux and I will being too disgusting and sucking face all the time, in the way that LD couples do when they see each other. xD

It seems like most people want October, is that right?

Caraliz
07-10-2008, 11:26 PM
I love how many folks are interested. :jess:

And no, I don't think that's a good idea, Liz, because Hux and I will being too disgusting and sucking face all the time, in the way that LD couples do when they see each other. xD

It seems like most people want October, is that right?
Laem. Alright but you guys are meeting with me and Bert for coffee at least once or something!!

Rye
07-10-2008, 11:27 PM
We definitely want to! :jess:

Jojee
07-10-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm by no means saying base the meetup off me. I don't even know if I'd make it even if we went by a date I picked. I'm saying which date is best for me within the confines of what you guys want and asking what you think of it. Ideally, Christmas break would be best for me to do anything, really, but I'm not telling you to move the meetup back to then, especially considering I might have other plans by then.

Peegee
07-11-2008, 12:13 AM
I don't like to travel all by myself but if the meet up isn't at the dates that Chemical stated (Oct 30 - Nov 2), I can still make it (I'd very much like to too)

PG will be going to asia from November 21st onwards. If the meetup is only going to be for a weekend, any weekend is fine (I could take a day off work). If it will be longer, I could try to my time off starting from Nov 14th (I should be able to get time off regardless since I rarely take time off from work)

Ultimately, as Joy said, surely do not change the meet up to accommodate me. I can always come visit next year.

Rocket Edge
07-11-2008, 02:10 AM
I'm in Boston at the moment, but won't be around come October. Anyway have a good time peeps.

Bahamut2000X
07-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Hey a meet up that's not overly impossible for me to make it to!

Though it's during the school time and I'm planning to actually go overboard on classes this quarter so I'll have to see if I can manage any free time, though that's not nearly as bad as my issue of trying to figure out how to get there. I'm a tad poor at the moment and I wouldn't trust myself to drive alone for the 8-9 hours to get there.

Well guess I'll start looking into buses again.

Misfit
07-11-2008, 05:26 PM
:hyper:

Rye
07-11-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm so amazed at how many people are interested! =o

Heath
07-11-2008, 11:29 PM
I'll be at the University of York while this meet-up is going on. North Yorkshire and New York are close to each other, right?

Peegee
07-11-2008, 11:46 PM

I'm both super jealous and excited.

Bahamut2000X
07-12-2008, 04:33 AM

Ya the list for interested in the Midwest was half that. >=O Stupid Midwest, more people need to move here so our meet ups can be even more epic!

:hyper:

Yes I'm excited about my potential coming out too! It would be so swell to meet myself after 7 years. I wonder if I'm a jerk in real life. >.>

Oh and looking like I may be able to go. Tickets for a bus are looking to be about 200 for me, which I can manage. I'll need to see how the school and work things are like by then, since I'm planning to actually take a lot more classes then normal this quarter, plus I'm in the midst of getting a better job. But chances look good. =D

Denmark
07-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Hooray for the potential for oldbies to hang out!

ljkkjlcm9
07-12-2008, 06:38 AM
god, I hate being so busy. Girls can be a real distraction!

So, I'm trying to keep updated on where this thing is headed and when....

THE JACKEL

Awrini
07-12-2008, 04:18 PM

We could always randomly show up and bother Jowy/Misfit again. =P

Rye
07-12-2008, 05:27 PM

We're... oldbies? xD

escobert
07-12-2008, 05:27 PM
OLDBIES. rye you old fart!

Peegee
07-12-2008, 06:47 PM

We're... oldbies? xD

You're definitely a vet, Ryebread.

Rye
07-12-2008, 06:52 PM
My 6th year here is coming up. I think that might count as oldbie. I dunno. xD

Bahamut2000X
07-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I wish I was an oldbie. I'm still as much of a n00b as BoB. :(

Clouded Sky
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes I'm excited about my potential coming out too!

Y'all made B2kx realize his true feelings. I condone this meetup!

I had to...

CimminyCricket
07-12-2008, 10:59 PM
I think I should be able to make this meet up, if you all can come up with a specific date, that date will be good for me.

Rye
07-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Are we all mostly in agreement that October is the best month?

Denmark
07-13-2008, 12:00 AM
October would be best. Also an advantage for October is that the weather shouldn't be too cold by then.

October 4-5, 18-19, 25-26 work best for me. :D

Rye
07-13-2008, 12:03 AM
I agree, because NYC gets freaking cold, due to not having any trees to block the wind.

Any October weekend works for me.

Bahamut2000X
07-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Yes I'm excited about my potential coming out too!

Y'all made B2kx realize his true feelings. I condone this meetup!

I had to...

*Face palm*

Just because there's pics of me showing manboob and raping PG doesn't make me gay! It just makes me confused. :(

Misfit
07-13-2008, 05:25 AM
Yay, this will be fun tiems.

Vyk
07-13-2008, 05:41 AM
I don't know where I live!

I missed the midwest, even though it was real close. I'll probably miss this too. Its farther away :[ even though I think I'm more east'ish than mid-west'ish..

Værn
07-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Vaern has plans for October. In Ohio.
Though that won't keep him from posting in this thread with this completely random yet quasi relevant link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=6pQy_gGerkU).

Rye
07-13-2008, 02:56 PM
I really want to go to Central Park Zoo! :jess:

Misfit
07-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Do you know what would happen if you take a bunch of eoff freaks to a zoo?! :(

Denmark
07-13-2008, 06:23 PM

We're not ALL furries!

Bahamut2000X
07-13-2008, 06:39 PM

Well most EoFF meet ups end up with rape and orgies. A zoo only adds bestiality to the mix. :monster:

Freya
07-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh wow this seems really cool. I always wanted to go to NYC! If it's during school I might be able to make it. I was planning on going to visit joy this school year but I mean what's a few hundred more dollars, I should try to swing by. I'd just have to see whats going on for my classes and what not.

Jojee
07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm jealous, I wish as many people were interested in chillin in the Midwest where it's easier for me to get to! :p If Lekana's going to make it, I'll make my best damned effort. xD And Cim, gawd. *lovekick* <3

Update of List of People Interested

Denmark
Caraliz
Bert
enano
Tama2
Rye
Chemical
Jojee
Ko Ko
JKTrix
qwertysora
ljkkjlcm9
DK (you're joking right? xD)
Misfit
Jowy
Mooglebunni
Shiny
Akaria
Faris
Pureghetto
I Took the Red Pill
Bahamut2000x
Heath
ljkkjlcm9
Cim
Lekana

This includes pretty much all the Midwest people and the Northeast people :O It'd be an epic meetup if even half of these people make it.

Rye
07-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Dan is actually seriously considering coming, but the cost might prevent him. ;[

EDIT: So if we're decided on NYC, what kind of things do we want to do? We have CP Zoo, which is wonderful. Another thing I love to do in NYC is row boats in the lake. It's so fun.

There was an amazing dinner not far from Central Park, on the upper east side that I went to. I need to ask my singing teacher, who I went with, what it was called again, because it was cute and cheap.

There's also a lot of nice things to see in the East Village. I kind of like walking around there a bit more than the Time Square area of Manhattan, but it's totally cool if y'all want to go there too, since a lot of you have never been to NYC.

Jess
07-13-2008, 11:16 PM
hey screw you dan, we live in the same country and you haven't come and got drunk with me yet but you going to NYC. :(

I'd love to come, but:
1) I will not have the money
2) I have no idea where I'll even be, yet alone what I will be doing in late 2008.

Jojee
07-13-2008, 11:24 PM
I love zoos so I'm totally up to seeing mah relatives (the monkeys~) if I can go ^_^ And even if I can't, you guys should go to a zoo :</>D Canoeing sounds great but with so many people, it probably wouldn't be the most feasible option, since it's like max 3 to a canoe or something, isn't it?

I've been to NYC before but I didn't like it that much, to be honest, but that's probably because I was running around in a cab all day going to law internship interviews by myself (my friend couldn't make it with me!) and it was so stressful and costly. I imagine it'd be a hell of a lot better with a bunch of people. Sex and the City <333

It'd be even more awesome if Dan could make it. :mog:

Rye
07-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Well, it's about 2-4 person row boat. I don't think EVERYONE who's interested will actually go, probably not even half (=[), so two rowboats should do us well. I think it's about 15 dollars to have the boat for an hour, but you have to put down a little more money in a deposit that they give back to you once you're done with the boat, just in case you break it or steal it (I dunno how?) or something.

Caraliz
07-13-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't really want to go to a zoo, as I find them extremely boring. :(

But I would love to go to Central Park or see some stuff that's indigenous to NYC alone.

Are there any events happening in october that we might be able to plan around, Rye?

Peegee
07-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Chemical and I would like to go the last October weekend. I'm cool with any weekend if another weekend is the meetup.

Madame Adequate
07-14-2008, 01:18 AM
This is wankery so many awesome people =(

Peegee
07-14-2008, 01:46 AM
JessRye, can you tell I'm excited?

Anyway, If the meetup will be in a time when I can make it, I don't mind doing the hotel preparations -- I did it for the chicago meetup with no issue.

This time we will do 6 persons to a room.

CimminyCricket
07-14-2008, 02:01 AM
The sooner a specific weekend is set up, the sooner I can request leave and make the financial preparations. xD

Misfit
07-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Yeah but... this is a zoo trip with some fucking awesome people that will make the zoo experience THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE! >8}

Peegee
07-14-2008, 02:47 AM
The sooner a specific weekend is set up, the sooner I can request leave and make the financial preparations. xD

Same -- minus the request time off, unless it's the last weekend of October.

If people can post their ideal times, we can start negotiating.

I Took the Red Pill
07-14-2008, 02:51 AM
If Dan is going I will give this a very serious thought.

Bahamut2000X
07-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Denmark
Caraliz
Bert
enano
Tama2
Rye
Chemical
Jojee
Ko Ko
JKTrix
qwertysora
ljkkjlcm9
Misfit
Jowy
Mooglebunni
Shiny
Akaria
Faris
Pureghetto
I Took the Red Pill
Bahamut2000X
Heath
ljkkjlcm9
Cim
Lekana

You had me at Denmark. But if DK is going to be there too then I'll do everything in my power to show up.

Oh and OMG I'll get to meet Jojee, and Chemical, and PG! OMG I'm so stoked! :eek:

Denmark
07-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Yeah but... this is a zoo trip with some smurfing awesome people that will make the zoo experience THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE! >8}

She has a point. Awesome people made a trip to a science museum mucho fun. :cool:

This meetup will be epic if everyone comes. I don't see a person on that list that I don't want to meet. But three that I have met!

Peegee
07-14-2008, 03:18 AM
Denmark
Caraliz
Bert
enano
Tama2
Rye
Chemical
Jojee
Ko Ko
JKTrix
qwertysora
ljkkjlcm9
Misfit
Jowy
Mooglebunni
Shiny
Akaria
Faris
Pureghetto
I Took the Red Pill
Bahamut2000X
Heath
ljkkjlcm9
Cim
Lekana

You had me at Denmark. But if DK is going to be there too then I'll do everything in my power to show up.

Oh and OMG I'll get to meet Jojee, and Chemical, and PG! OMG I'm so stoked! :eek:

I finally get to meet the foul speaking anti religious dude from GHF!

Denmark
07-14-2008, 03:23 AM
waitaminnit

HeathI'll be at the University of York while this meet-up is going on. North Yorkshire and New York are close to each other, right?

o and
I thought that's what everyone at GHF is like o_O

Jojee
07-14-2008, 03:30 AM
O where the heck is Yorkshire, that sounds English. I read the University of New York xD

Also, omg, I just <i>have</i> to meet Peeg and Chemical and Bahamut omg... omg! :heart:

Peegee
07-14-2008, 03:41 AM
I thought that's what everyone at GHF is like o_O

We've already met. In fact he's met Jojee, Chemical, and myself. Hence the joke.

Jojee
07-14-2008, 03:46 AM
So I was just talking to Kaycee on the phone and she had the <i>best idea ever</i>. xDDDD If this is gonna happen the last weekend of October or around Halloween, we're so totally all dressing up as FF characters!!

....*coughs and dies and runs away* :p

Bahamut2000X
07-14-2008, 04:04 AM
Wait? I'm the foul speaking anti-religious dude from GHF? I thought that role was reserved for Bleys?

If this is gonna happen the last weekend of October or around Halloween, we're so totally all dressing up as FF characters!!

Then we can do the caramel dance as FF characters!

Denmark
07-14-2008, 04:50 AM
Wait? I'm the foul speaking anti-religious dude from GHF? I thought that role was reserved for Bleys?

If this is gonna happen the last weekend of October or around Halloween, we're so totally all dressing up as FF characters!!

Then we can do the caramel dance as FF characters!

Then I will be ed and videotape it so I don't have to be in it.

CimminyCricket
07-14-2008, 05:53 AM
I don't know if I'll dress up. XD

Akaria
07-14-2008, 05:59 AM
I totally would, for sure xD

DK
07-14-2008, 06:18 AM
You lot aren't ready for me as Sailor Suit Barret.

Denmark
07-14-2008, 06:47 AM

I'm not sure if we're ready for you. Period.

Oh as far as characters go I could be Thief, except not with blue hair or dressed up at all. But I'd be Thief in spirit. Except not actually stealing anything.

Levian
07-14-2008, 06:59 AM

I'd sell white kids to farms in Africa to see that.

CimminyCricket
07-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Too bad you won't! *evil cackle*

Bahamut2000X
07-14-2008, 03:22 PM

My life would be complete forever if I saw that. :love:

Peegee
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
So I was just talking to Kaycee on the phone and she had the <i>best idea ever</i>. xDDDD If this is gonna happen the last weekend of October or around Halloween, we're so totally all dressing up as FF characters!!

My halloween costume idea is genuinely scary. For a first impression I don't think it's a prudent idea. I'll still do it though!

escobert
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM

I'd sell white kids to farms in Africa to see that.

Ohhhh I want one! :pinkelephant:

Denmark
07-15-2008, 07:52 PM

My halloween costume idea is genuinely scary. For a first impression I don't think it's a prudent idea. I'll still do it though!

Is it Pikachu?

Peegee
07-16-2008, 03:24 AM

Is it Pikachu?

It has S&M elements and isn't anything per se. I would call it a 'freak' or a 'Master (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_(BDSM))'.

Jojee
07-16-2008, 04:58 AM
Oh my :whaaa: I'm scared~!

Rye
07-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I take this meet up back. Y'all are too creepy, even for me. Cosplaying at a zoo can only lead to furry horrors.

Anyway, now that I'm not strung out on painkillers, let me mention that there's a ton of festivals, because someone mentioned that, especially at the end of October, in NYC. Here are a few:

Saturday, October 13th
8th Avenue Autumn Festival
8th Avenue from 42nd to 57th Streets

Sunday, October 14th
16th Annual Broadway Fall Festival
Broadway from 86th to 96th Streets

Saturday, October 20th
Washington Square Festival
Waverly Place between Broadway and 5th Avenue

Sunday, October 21st
The Great Third Avenue Fair
Third Avenue from 23rd to 34th Streets

Saturday, October 27th
Park Avenue South Autumn Fair
Park Avenue South from 17th to 23rd Streets

Saturday, October 27th
33rd Annual Americana Jazz Festival
52nd Street between Madison and 7th Aves.

Sunday, October 28th
The 7th Avenue Autumn Carnival
7th Avenue from 47th to 57th Streets

Levian
07-16-2008, 01:13 PM
You guys should make your own festival. A gay pride festival.

Awrini
07-16-2008, 07:05 PM

I'll pass.

Peegee
07-16-2008, 07:11 PM

I'll pass.

Pass it to the left.

Rye
07-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I will leave anyone dressed up for Halloween on the subway. >:[

Gay Pride is acceptable, though. :heart:

Peegee
07-16-2008, 07:26 PM

FINE be that way. No cosplaying PG for anybody

Peegee
07-17-2008, 12:25 AM

Seconded. No S&M costumes, PG. :( I beg you.

>: (

Birthday suit?

Caraliz
07-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Sunday, October 28th
The 7th Avenue Autumn Carnival
7th Avenue from 47th to 57th Streets

EVERYONE STFU AND LISTEN TO THIS LADY I WANNA GO TO A CARNIVAL AND STUFF. :bigsmile:

Rye
07-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Don't get too excited, but there is a chance that foa might be able to see us on the 25th of October! :jess:

Peegee
07-17-2008, 02:39 AM
Don't get too excited, but there is a chance that foa might be able to see us on the 25th of October! :jess:

Oh

My

God

I think I just lost my virginity.

Wait, I already lost it.

foa visiting is more exciting than my virginity loss.

Rye
07-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Like I said, she's not sure, but there is a possibility there, so don't get your hopes up too much! xD

Denmark
07-17-2008, 03:31 AM
Those dates are a little off, methinks! If those festivals are valid for this year though it might make for a fun times.

And I like the 25-26th weekend :D Especially if there's a possibility of an foa sighting ;D

Bahamut2000X
07-17-2008, 04:12 AM
We could do it like the Chicago meet up. Plenty of fun can be had just having orgies in the hotel and spamming up the forums. :monster:

Caraliz
07-17-2008, 07:42 AM
We could do it like the Chicago meet up. Plenty of fun can be had just having orgies in the hotel and spamming up the forums. :monster:
For the love of all things holy, no.

Misfit
07-17-2008, 06:14 PM

Denmark
07-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Especially not when we have a whole city of things around us.

Misfit
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Especially not when we have a whole city of things around us.
City = hobos. MOMMY :(

Denmark
07-17-2008, 07:46 PM
I'll let you feed them! :D?

Caraliz
07-17-2008, 08:08 PM
I don't want to do that either. How about we are hobos for an entire day and then the money we make during our hoboism is will be used to fund an entire wheelbarrow full of tacos from taco bell.

mooglebunni608
07-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't want to do that either. How about we are hobos for an entire day and then the money we make during our hoboism is will be used to fund an entire wheelbarrow full of tacos from taco bell.

Yes please :hyper:

Bahamut2000X
07-17-2008, 09:10 PM

:(

Jojee
07-17-2008, 09:11 PM
We can have a race and see who can make the most money off pretending to be hobos and panhandling on the streets of NY ;D

Joking, joking.

Caraliz
07-17-2008, 09:13 PM
I'd do it. I'm just about to give myself a wicked haircut that'll make me look like a hobo that found scissors in a trash can and thought it was food but somehow ended up with a haircut

Jojee
07-17-2008, 09:16 PM
What's the prize though? ^.^

Caraliz
07-17-2008, 09:17 PM
A wheelbarrow full of tacos. Don't you read anything I post anymore, Joy? :(

Jojee
07-17-2008, 09:20 PM
I do ;__; I blame Bahamut. Let's lynch him!
Also I love tacos n_n I had the hugest taco cravings for a week a bit ago.

Caraliz
07-17-2008, 09:23 PM
I say we blame everyone that went to the Chicago meetup and lives in or near Chicago.

And then we do this tacos thing 'cause I'm hungry.

Bahamut2000X
07-17-2008, 09:23 PM
I do ;__; I blame Bahamut. Let's lynch him!

Double :(:(

Jojee
07-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey you went to the Chicago meetup last year, that still counts~ :choc:

Awrini
07-20-2008, 03:10 AM
Quick update:

I spoke with Mindflare yesterday and brought this up. Thats one more interested person.

Caraliz
07-20-2008, 05:11 AM
We just need to get planning.

Rye
07-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I still would like foa to get in touch with me on what she can do before we start planning the exact weekend, because I really want her to come, but we definitely should plan what we do!

Is there anything else that you're all interested in?

CimminyCricket
07-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Well, I really thought about going, but $900 for a weekend equals a no go for me xD Sorry. :(

escobert
07-20-2008, 06:06 PM
can was PLEASE go to the bronx and get some fitty pieces? :D

Freya
07-20-2008, 06:26 PM
It'll cost me about $400 to go, roundtrip.

Peegee
07-21-2008, 05:06 AM
It'll cost me about $400 to go, roundtrip.

200$ for me because I'll be driving. That's roughly what I spent in gas to drive to and from Chicago.

Jojee
07-21-2008, 05:37 AM
If gas isn't like $5 by then. :p

Clouded Sky
07-21-2008, 06:00 AM
I FOUND OUT I CAN COME!

(on the stipulation that I Skype video call you, you have wireless internet everywhere, and someone volunteers to carry "me" around with everyone!:))

Caraliz
07-21-2008, 06:06 AM
I don't really want to do anything I can do anywhere else if that matters. ie staying in a hotel and "having an orgy" or whatever you guys maintain you did. A carnival would be neat and so would a museum or a festival or a concert. Something that a big group of people can do yet still go off and do their own thing too at.

qwertysaur
07-21-2008, 06:29 AM
There is the museum of natural history. :p

Rye
07-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Haha, museum. When I was thinking of places to go, I had the following exchange in my mind:

Mind: Well, why not the museum of natural history? I loved it last time I went...
Common Sense: NO DON'T IT'S A TRAP!
Mind: I'm sorry?
Common Sense: Do you really want to be held accountable when PG starts fingers all the ancient china exhibit things?
Mind: No... ;;

So I was scared to bring it up. xD

Peegee
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Haha, museum. When I was thinking of places to go, I had the following exchange in my mind:

Mind: Well, why not the museum of natural history? I loved it last time I went...
Common Sense: Do you really want to be held accountable when PG starts fingers all the ancient china exhibit things?

There's a museum with Asian things? I
Am

There

Bahamut2000X
07-21-2008, 04:35 PM

You mean that's not the reason for this entire meet up? :(

Caraliz
07-22-2008, 08:59 AM

There's a museum with Asian things? I
Am

There
+6 if there is a katana or ancient chinese armour

The Captain
07-24-2008, 08:23 PM
I may be in the NYC area on some of those dates as I'm working on a movie in the tri-state area and a play through October. I'll see what date you all choose and see how my schedule pans out.

Take care all.

Peegee
07-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I may be in the NYC area on some of those dates as I'm working on a movie in the tri-state area and a play through October. I'll see what date you all choose and see how my schedule pans out.

Take care all.

Yay!

Rye
08-03-2008, 02:52 PM
The very last weekened in October (31- 1st of Nov) is out for me, I just found out, because my college has parent visiting weekend then. ;O

We should pick a final date then.

I'm for 15-16th, personally, but any weekend in October except the last one is good for me.

escobert
08-03-2008, 03:17 PM
any weekend is good for liz and I. we can just take it off.

I Took the Red Pill
08-03-2008, 04:47 PM
If it's anywhere from like the 16th to the 19th I probably won't go. That's my university's traditional celebration weekend and Stephen Colbert is coming this year and I'll be damned if I'm missing that.

Rye
08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
8-9 or 22-23 then?

Ki Ki
08-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Go to ALBANY. :chef: BOGIEZZ wooo!

I Took the Red Pill
08-03-2008, 07:48 PM
8-9 or 22-23 then?Whoa I really don't want this to be scheduled around when I'm going to be able to go. I'm not sure I'd be able to go on any date tbh, there are a lot of variables that are lurking and I probably won't have a good idea until we get closer to October. If the 15th-16th is the best for the group as a whole, go for that.

Denmark
08-04-2008, 04:07 AM
I think you were looking at the wrong month there Ryessica! October weekends are 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26. I say we flip a four-sided coin.

Caraliz
08-04-2008, 06:36 AM
I want to go to a festival or some kind of musical thing. :(

Of Montreal is playing in Boston on the 30th of October, so that's out for me, unless everyone wants to go to Boston instead!!

Misfit
08-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Good lawd, still no date yet? 8-)

Denmark
08-04-2008, 10:27 AM
NO BECAUSE WE ARE ALL INDECISIVE FOOLS!

Rye
08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Well, no 30th - 1st for me. Everything else is cool, whatever the ACTUAL DATE IS! :jess:

Peegee
08-05-2008, 01:21 AM
11-12th is good for PG

DO IT DO IT

Denmark
08-05-2008, 03:44 AM
11-12 is bad for Denmark. D:

Hows abouts 18-19?

Caraliz
08-05-2008, 03:57 AM
I am thoroughly surprised by the lack of events happening in NYC in october.

Denmark
08-05-2008, 05:09 AM
Screw what I just said about 18-19. 25-26 right now is the weekend for me that's least likely to have a conflict with anything else. MY REASONS:

I just received an email about 4-5 and 18-19 being potential dates for my fraternity's chapter's kickball tournament (lolz it's coed honors frat guize) and I'd kill myself if I missed that.

And 11-12 I'm going to be at home and not in or near NYC.

I am a selfish doodoohead. <3

Rye
08-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Y'all best decide what day is best with me, or else it'll be too late and you'll never be able to meet the naked cowboy, like my friend did in NYC yesterday. :jess:

bipper
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
I am actually supposed to be in Nyork toward the end of october. I guess if I am in the area, I can drop in; provided I have bail money - and you all actually pick a date XD

I should be there through 23 - 28.

Rye
08-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Another vote for 25-26th!

Anyone with any big objections to it?

Misfit
08-15-2008, 03:59 PM
OBJECTION!

...just kidding, carry on.

Freya
08-16-2008, 01:54 AM
I really wanted to go to this. Cause like awesome people like Denmark, Misfit, Rye, and PG are going but i'm gonna go to CA in October for blizzcon so, this meet up is now out the window for me.

Peegee
08-16-2008, 03:41 AM
I really wanted to go to this. Cause like awesome people like Denmark, Misfit, Rye, and PG are going but i'm gonna go to CA in October for blizzcon so, this meet up is now out the window for me.

It's okay banana bread. You'll meet PG one day. Promise ^-^

Denmark
08-16-2008, 03:47 AM
25-26 is just awesome with me. :D

Bahamut2000X
08-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Have we decided on anything yet? I need to know so I can plan and get my vacation hours in and get paid to come out. =D

Peegee
08-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Come Sept I'm going to start breaking out my PM button.

Denmark
08-24-2008, 11:53 PM
I say October 25-26. Who's with me?!

Rye
08-25-2008, 12:15 AM

Second, thirded, and final decision, tbh, we need to stop procrastinating! >;O

October 25-26th, and that's that!

Now let us start to plan, if we can even still get a hotel for that time!

Blue Harvest
08-25-2008, 12:20 AM
I want to come to this meetup but I'm too british :(

Misfit
08-25-2008, 06:03 AM
October 25-26th, and that's that!
Finally 8-)

Hotel, sounds hot.

bipper
08-25-2008, 05:28 PM
The 25th is my birthday. Sounds good though. I only see a few personal hurdles, but I still have some seaforium, so I should be good.

Faris
08-26-2008, 03:50 PM
So it's set for the 25-26 of October? Awesome. What hotel is being considered?

Rye
08-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Hotels in NYC are quite expensive. Huxley and I are staying in the Chelsea Star in September. It's pretty cheap, but it's a very nice hotel, from what I've heard (Huxley's mom and stepfather's friends recommended it to us!) and it has a great location - it's right near Penn Station, for those who are taking the train in, and you can get to places like Central Park and Time Square so easily!

So maybe you'd want to consider that one?

Aerith's Knight
08-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Too bad I'm back in the netherlands, but there is a good chance I'm back in NY in a year and a half, so on time for the next meetup. : D

Faris
08-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Will we all be in one hotel or separate?

Denmark
09-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Is anyone else a proponent of going from Friday evening-Sunday (24th-26th)? That's what I'd rather do, personally. Basically it gives us more time on Saturday to do stuff. (Plus I don't want to wake up early Saturday to get to NYC)

Rye
09-01-2008, 04:15 AM
Yeah, I could probably do that. xD My last Friday class is like, ending at 2, so I could leave at like, 2:30 or 3:00, I guess. I'd be getting there like, 6:00 PM though, and I don't know if you guys will be doing okay with someone who know of NYC about. xD

Denmark
09-01-2008, 05:21 AM
Well, maybe we can plan for you to get there firstish? My getting there is reliant on the bus schedule, and my last class on Friday ends at 4 grumble grumble.

Actually, I'm checking the bus schedule right now and the earliest bus I can catch is at 5:35. That gets to the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 8:00 apparently. Then I could catch an underground train to wherever I'll need to go.

Peegee
09-01-2008, 07:52 AM
I cannot arrive on Friday at all because I have work. If you (Denmark) can float a hotel room (if we go hotel), then sure. If we don't go Hotel and find free accommodations my babbling post here is pointless.

Faris
09-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Actually, I'm checking the bus schedule right now and the earliest bus I can catch is at 5:35. That gets to the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 8:00 apparently. Then I could catch an underground train to wherever I'll need to go.

If I were to take the bus, I would be arriving at the same station shortly after. You and I could meet there if you're okay with that.

Awrini
09-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey Finally we got a set date. I'll see if I can hoard the money for this in time. =P

Bahamut2000X
09-02-2008, 02:15 AM
If we get rooming situations figured out and so long as (when my classes start up) I don't have something major that Monday, I'll plan to be on that part of the country.

Jessweeee♪
09-02-2008, 03:14 AM
You all better take lots of pictures!

mooglebunni608
09-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Is anyone else a proponent of going from Friday evening-Sunday (24th-26th)? That's what I'd rather do, personally. Basically it gives us more time on Saturday to do stuff. (Plus I don't want to wake up early Saturday to get to NYC)

I think this would be great, since I'm probably getting there friday anyway.

Peegee
09-10-2008, 04:19 AM
It's still early but I'd like to see people who will be arriving Friday just plan out anything in terms of rooming.

What hotel? Where is it? Will [somebody from Friday] reserve all 3 rooms?

Denmark
09-10-2008, 04:41 AM

If I were to take the bus, I would be arriving at the same station shortly after. You and I could meet there if you're okay with that.

That would be most excellent, then neither of us would be lonely in NYC!

I could probably work out some way that would result in me making hotel reservations if I have to (I'd rather not but I'll sacrifice my discomfort in doing so to make the operation a success). As for what hotel and where, Rye suggests the Chelsea Star (http://starhotelny.com/index.php).

Lynx
09-10-2008, 06:45 AM
i haven't read the first 16 pages of this thread but i could go if its in nyc i mean i was just there today and im going to go to college there soon so going to nyc is a common thing for me now.

JKTrix
09-10-2008, 07:43 AM
I have no clue what my classes are going to be like (still in Bermuda, don't leave for RI until next week and classes don't start until Oct 6) but I don't think it will be a problem for me to still come to this. I'll still be a total public transportation noob so I might have to hook up with Rye when she goes if we can sync up.

I have a very hospitable aunt who lives in Kings, NY so as far as rooming goes I should be set. Though sleeping at Ko Ko's sounds more fun.

Misfit
09-10-2008, 04:10 PM

OMG NO MOM YOUR HEAD WILL GET CUT OFF :(

Faris
09-18-2008, 04:31 AM
Okay, so what exactly is going on regarding the hotel? Is someone booking for all of us (and split the amount owed) or are we booking individually and which hotel?

Denmark
09-18-2008, 05:09 AM
I know I said I'd offer to do something about that, but I'm afraid I'm just way too busy (I can show you my calendar if you're not convinced, you'll be amazed at the amount of overlapping things I'm involved in, and that doesn't even count going to class and doing work). Yay, I'm a jerk!

Peegee
09-20-2008, 10:36 PM
It's very likely we could do this last minute and still be able to get one, two max rooms (depending on how many people are showing up).

I'm going to warn you (all of you) that on October 1st or something if nobody shows any signs of forward momentum, I will get confirmation lists and get control freak on this here meetup. I did it for Chicago and the accommodations were seamless -- we just had to figure out what to do.

Rye, I know we don't talk much but I'll probably count on you as my local contact. Doesn't really mean anything except you'll probably be the person I call when I get to NYC to make sure at least one person shows up.

If people who read this would just PM me telling me whether you will be arriving Friday or Saturday, it would help. For those who insist on coming on Friday, I hope you have a place to crash =) because you won't be able to check in the hotel without my credit card, and I'll be busy packing Friday night, about 10 hours away :o

Misfit
09-21-2008, 08:41 AM
I know I said I'd offer to do something about that, but I'm afraid I'm just way too busy (I can show you my calendar if you're not convinced, you'll be amazed at the amount of overlapping things I'm involved in, and that doesn't even count going to class and doing work). Yay, I'm a jerk!
oh em gee what

Denmark
09-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Okay, so it looks like anyone who wants to come in Friday is welcome to stay at Ko Ko's, and PG will get us a hotel for Saturday night. That's the impression I got from talking to both of them.

Awrini
09-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Ok, there is a high high chance I will be able to make this now.
But, I'll be arriving Saturday. Don't know what time yet. Lets work on that.

Moon Rabbits
09-22-2008, 03:06 AM
Next time ; - ;

Denmark
09-22-2008, 03:36 AM

Bring the Dabrowskis with you plzkthx

Awrini
09-22-2008, 09:25 PM

Bring the Dabrowskis with you plzkthx

I wouldn't mind doing that. If they are ok with the idea. =P

Peegee
09-22-2008, 10:14 PM
People are coming in on Friday -- Apparently Ko Ko said it's okay to crash at her place (no worries I will not be there -- I will scare your parents, or I will have to not act like Peegee and people will start to wonder if I just hired some asian to pose as me -- both bad things.

For Saturday, I will find out how many people are going by October 7-8th and reserve a place as per Jess' suggestion. That's the plan.

Denmark
09-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey PG if you could compile when everyone's planning on arriving when you find out how many and who is going that would be awesome!

Misfit
09-23-2008, 12:37 AM
FRANK'S CAR IS NOT TALL PEOPLE FRIENDLY ;___;

ilufrank ^_^

Denmark
09-23-2008, 02:25 AM
YOU'RE NOT TALL

Awrini
09-23-2008, 03:23 AM
YOU'RE NOT TALL

Truth!

Denmark
09-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Low five! (You know, so you can reach)

ANYWAY

On topic, I'm excited for the entire month of October.