PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite ABP sweetspots, early and late.

JustAnotherCid
07-10-2008, 02:04 AM
I'm an overlevelling turd when I play FF so in FFV I like to get the most OP abilities I can as fast as I can. Call it a sickness. For me my favorite ABP harvests were in:
Very very early in the game: A strip of land directly southeast (you have to sail to it) of the Wind Shrine. The Bandersnatch's there (can't remember how many to a group) drop 3 ABP total, which is very high for this point in the game and they aren't difficult to kill at all.
A little further in: The Chimeras in the desert are nice, and with two-handed most die in one or two hits, library of ancients is right there for a free fix even if someone dies.
In world 2: Of course, the Objet d'Arts in the basement of Bal Castle. This just can't be beat; you can Iainakui them, but I had my guys each set up with Summon and after 3 Ramuh's they were almost always dead. I mastered about 8 or 9 jobs this way, pretty much had me set for the game.
Combined World: Haven't found a really great one yet, though everything tends to give a lot of ABP. Still scouting for good locales and easy kills (Requiem on Undead, that sort of thing.)

What about you guys?

rubah
07-10-2008, 02:54 AM
I like the jachole cave in the first world. Take a black mage and a bunch of ninja techs/scrolls and they're a piece of cake, if a bit unpredictable. (5 ap apiece plus a bunch of gil).

however, in the third world, you can just go there and to Val castle both xD They're actually the same area xD

JustAnotherCid
07-10-2008, 01:53 PM
That's true, and yeah I had forgotten all about the skulleaters that half the time run away anyway. Burned through a lot of Lightning Scrolls like that.

Captain Maxx Power
07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
L'Oject Du Art, L5 Death, Bam.

Heath
07-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I like the jachole cave in the first world. Take a black mage and a bunch of ninja techs/scrolls and they're a piece of cake, if a bit unpredictable. (5 ap apiece plus a bunch of gil).

Yeah, that's always been the place I've gone to in both the first and third worlds. Nowhere really springs to mind for the second; at least not one that I've used a lot anyway.

JustAnotherCid
07-12-2008, 08:41 AM
L'Oject Du Art, L5 Death, Bam.

Haha my big problem here is I'd really like to get L5 Death but I can't find where it is in world three. I'm at the end of the game, literally all I have left to do is go into the vortex thingy-mabob and fight NeoCrapface. I did check a Blue Magic guide but it only says -which- monsters I can get it from, not where I can find them, haha and I don't exactly have a picture perfect memory when it comes to where Monsters are. =)

Nog
07-12-2008, 09:31 AM
I've always used Prototype while in World 1. Not only is it worth 5OOEXP and 4ABP, but it sometimes drops Dark Matters too. L'Oject Du Art in the basement of Castle Bal in World 2 and Movers in The Void in World 3 are my other ABP sweetspots.

The Last Oath
07-23-2008, 01:06 PM
I mastered all the jobs i needed including red mage super quickly in the area where the last save point is (it becomes a save point after you defeat necrophobe)... Monsters there do not give any EXP but give http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif loads of ABP, the lowest being 29 per battle im preety sure... and these battles arnt hard at all when u annihalate them with rapid fire, two handed, finisher etc...

But the best monster i've ever come across is in the same area, they're called Movers, they come in packs of three in a triangle and give you 150,000GIL and 199ABP. no joke.

Flying Mullet
07-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I always enjoyed fighting on the plains around Easterly. The battles net 3 ABP and one Lightning Skill from a Ninja kills everything instantly. Battle loads, Ninja throws Lightning Skill, enemies die, battle over, rinse and repeat. Nice and quick since the Ninja always goes first.

Crossblades
07-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I always liked leveling jobs in Jachol Cave. I remembering mastering a bunch of jobs there by fighting skull eaters

Yar
07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
People say that Les Objets d'Art are good but I disagree. They just don't give enough, unless you're only in world two.

I prefer the desert near the Phoenix Tower.
Magic pots in the Phoenix Tower give 100 AP too.

Plus the Movers in the Void give 199 AP.

Saber
07-25-2008, 09:42 PM
movers

Blue Harvest
08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Sail around the lake on Cresent Island in the combined world. The flying things give 11ABP a piece.

Xalioniaf
08-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Movers in the last dungeon. I love them.

rubah
08-08-2008, 08:33 PM
People say that Les Objets d'Art are good but I disagree. They just don't give enough, unless you're only in world two.

I prefer the desert near the Phoenix Tower.
Magic pots in the Phoenix Tower give 100 AP too.

Plus the Movers in the Void give 199 AP.

world two is when it does you the most good to learn a lot of abilities! That way you have them for all the rest of the game. Plus you're guaranteed to run into them every battle and they're very systematic to kill.

Roogle
08-19-2008, 11:36 PM
My favorite place to gain ability points was in the Castle Baal basement fighting Statues with Softs.

ljkkjlcm9
08-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Skull eaters early
Movers late

THE JACKEL

mindfray
12-02-2009, 02:54 AM
I read this thread, but i did not find any of the locations i could get to help with the gba version. i went to that place south of wind shrine with those bandersnatches but it said after the battle was won only 1 ap gained? I need "GBA VERSION FRIENDLY" early locations. i just got done beating the liquid flame boss on the fireship. i want to level my ninja in job fairly fast.

Darth Cid
12-02-2009, 09:09 PM
I think monsters in all versions yield the same amount of ABP so there's no real GBA friendliness in this area. At least not until the end with the bonus dungeon, monsters give a lot of ABPs nearing the last dungeon boss.

mindfray
12-02-2009, 09:35 PM
hmm, so how far is jachols (spelling) cave from when you do the library of ancients where you get ifrit? and how do you get to it?

Darth Cid
12-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I can't remember if it's near the library or not, if I remember correctly and I may remember wrong, you may need the airship but it's been a while. I will say that you have to be careful against Skull Eaters, I do remember that they hit pretty hard and have good evasive stats.

Mirage
12-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I always made sure to get lv5 death and went to the castle bal basement.

Giga Guess
12-04-2009, 02:20 PM
The crystal rooms in the Void are my favorite for ABP grinding. Plus it gives me a metric bttload of opportunities to try and steal Dragon Lances.

The only drawback is that no enemies there give XP... :(

-N-
12-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Prototype in World 1. Southernmost island. Control->Exploder. 4 AP, 500 EXP, 1 Darkmatter.
Statues in World 2. Basement of Bal Castle. L5 Doom / Soft. 4/8 AP.

rubah
12-13-2009, 04:45 AM
hmm, so how far is jachols (spelling) cave from when you do the library of ancients where you get ifrit? and how do you get to it?

Take the Fire-powered ship and sail south and slightly west from the Library of the Ancients. There is a small cave near the shore. Skull eaters are within. If you didn't free Lonewolf, you can get a blitz whip.