PDA

View Full Version : The atmosphere, it's so thick...

Rase
07-11-2008, 04:34 AM
What song has really drawn you into a game, perhaps even more than the visuals, and really just immersed you in it?

I'd have to say Shalebridge Cradle from Thief: Deadly Shadows. Anyone who has played this level will understand why.

Nifleheim7
07-11-2008, 03:47 PM
There are many but this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEuNySeWQy0) is the first that comes to mind.

Markus. D
07-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Silent Hill: Origin's was very atmospheric... and when in the nightmare world, very grinding music that induces nightmares and stays looping in your head x.x

ReloadPsi
07-17-2008, 07:50 PM
GGX' "Awe Of She", when used as a final boss theme in an amateur game, drew me into the final boss theme and got me sickeningly pumped.

LunarWeaver
07-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Fable had some song or another I can't be assed to find that really vacuumed my soul. In fact, I would hear it and it would invigorate me all over again. For whatever reason, I didn't like Fable very much, but I loved the music.

Crizpy
07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
What song has really drawn you into a game, perhaps even more than the visuals, and really just immersed you in it?

The pandemonium music. It is just a piece of art, really fits in well.

Vyk
07-18-2008, 11:23 PM
The different versions of Terra's/World of Balance themes. Especially the opening snow march. Wouldn't be anything without the music. Totally set the game up in the most perfect way

Markus. D
07-19-2008, 07:51 AM
GGX' "Awe Of She", when used as a final boss theme in an amateur game, drew me into the final boss theme and got me sickeningly pumped.

hey what :(?

ReloadPsi
07-19-2008, 10:44 AM

hey what :(?

On velv.net there's an RPG Maker game called "Final Fantasy Endless Nova". Despite all the spelling errors it's an excellent game that takes quite a long time to play through on the first attempt, and uses music from Guilty Gear for the final three main bosses. Back then I'd never heard of Guilty Gear so it's very much responsible for getting me into it.

Bolivar
07-24-2008, 10:10 PM
FFVII's theme for the Mako reactors when you were inside of them.

It was like all those pipes, gears, and mako energy were giving a natural symphony.

Coma
08-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Probably, there was a piece in Oblivion, that had a haunting piano. It always kicked in at the right time too. As I gazed across a sea of reeds lightly ruffled by the wind, staring into the night sky I hear the faint piano chords. Beautiful.

Also, a few tracks in FFXII were spot on. FFVII would have oozed immersion had the music been of a higher caliber. That game deserves a remake just so I can buy its soundtrack.

Dreddz
08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm currently playing Pixeljunk Eden and the music is probably the best thing about the game, makes me want to play the game again now.

Jiro
08-05-2008, 10:04 AM
The music always helps me play a game. Even if the game itself sucks horribly, I'll play for the music :D

Rostum
08-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Riven, Myst III & Myst IV have the best soundtracks I've ever heard in video games. They set the mood for those games so well (which are brilliant games by the way), and they are so good to listen to while working or internet'ing.

Roogle
08-08-2008, 07:20 PM
The Donkey Kong Country series has excellent music. It did a great job making me feel immersed in the world.

Magixion
08-08-2008, 09:34 PM
I have to agree about the Terra/World of Balance remixes. Just from reading that post I had to find the scene on youtube and watch it! Also, an FF song I absolutely love, Crazy Motorcycle Chase.

YouTube - Final Fantasy VII Music - Crazy Motorcycle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SaDOoEspNI)

Also, Liberi Fatali from FFVIII set the tone for the entire game in the beginning.

YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII Music - Liberi Fatali (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eSrBMsIw3s)

Jowy
08-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Rez is pretty dandy.

Oh, @ Roogle's mention of Donkey Kong this comic sprang to mind:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/jpading/apes.jpg