PDA

View Full Version : F-Zero

Evastio
07-11-2008, 05:23 AM
So how many of you have played any of the F-Zero games? Which one do you like the best?

I've only played the original SNES F-Zero. I'm wanting to try out the other F-Zero games (especially F-Zero GX) despite how badly I suck at the series since I can only beat leagues on the Beginner difficulty. I've seen videos of the game and it seems like so much fun going insanely fast on courses taking crazy jumps and destroying rival racers by running into them. I also really enjoy the music and graphics especially seeing how they're so smooth for such a fast game.

Also, please cut down on the Falcon Punch jokes. Save it for the Smash Bros. thread since Captain Falcon doesn't even punch people in the F-Zero games.

blackmage_nuke
07-11-2008, 05:37 AM
I like the snes one the most. n64 was alright but it doesnt feel right to me. Its a shame theres no multiplayer on the snes one.
My favourite thing to do in the game would be going into training with a ghost car and giving them a head start so i can chase them without boost. It feels satisfying when i overtake them on the final turn before the finish.

I like the yellow racer

Gba version was abit too slow for my liking.

Roto13
07-11-2008, 05:42 AM
I played the SNES one a bit and I didn't like it. I can't see myself liking the GBA ones, either.

But I love F-Zero X and GX, even though I suck pretty badly at them. I think there's a fourth cup in GX, but I haven't been able to unlock it I'm so bad at it. xP

ljkkjlcm9
07-11-2008, 06:22 AM
GX is by far my favorite... especially making custom vehicles. It was extremely difficult as well. I can't do most of the story missions on the hardest difficulty, though I was able to do all the GP's.

I've played all of them, except for the 2nd GBA one, which was mostly based on the TV Show. I'm really looking forward to them announcing one for the Wii.

THE JACKEL

Rase
07-11-2008, 06:24 AM
I've played all the home console iterations, and must say I enjoyed F-Zero X the most of them. It seems to be the best at being challenging without being insane, to me at least. The again I'm far from great at the game, so that's probably why I wasn't as fond of GX (it's my second favorite).

Cz
07-11-2008, 01:00 PM
The SNES version has aged quite poorly, I think. I started playing it again a couple of months ago and it didn't hold my interest for long. GX was good fun, especially in multiplayer, so I'd definitely recommend getting hold of it. If you value your sanity, though, I'd stay away from Very Hard Story Mode. :p

Slothy
07-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I like the original, love F-Zero X, but thought GX was pretty average. They ramped up the difficulty to a mind numbing degree in that game.

Bunny
07-11-2008, 05:29 PM
I used to sit around and play the original F-Zero all day because it was so much fun. I never bothered with the other games though.

Evastio
07-11-2008, 08:16 PM
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who sucks at F-Zero. If only the racers weren't so much faster than you.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-12-2008, 01:33 AM
only played the N64 one, (X?) and i suck at it :p i do enjoy it though :D

KentaRawr!
07-12-2008, 03:35 PM
F-Zero GX is my favorite, and I've played it, F-Zero X, and all the GBA F-Zero games.

Innes
07-12-2008, 04:50 PM
So how many of you have played any of the F-Zero games? Which one do you like the best?

I've played F-Zero, F-Zero X, and F-Zero GX.

F-Zero is amazing, probably because of the nostalgia I get from playing it. It would have been even better with Muliplayer though, and more cars. B] I like how Captain Falcon's car is "For beginners" but it's just plain bad, even for newbies.

I only played F-Zero X for just over an hour before my N64 Controller's analogue decided to stop working. I enjoyed it most because some of the music was the same as the original F-Zero music.

I didn't really enjoy F-Zero GX too much. Not much to say about it, really.

Heath
07-12-2008, 08:56 PM
I've only played F-Zero and F-Zero X. Need to get hold of GX.

I agree that the original F-Zero hasn't aged terribly well, but it's still an excellent game to play. Having said that, I think F Zero X was a great improvement and a fantastic game. Though I'm not great at them. I just about finished F Zero X on Expert though Lord knows how I'll ever win on Master. I tend to use Zoda because he's the baddest man in the universe. And you can't argue with that.

Dreddz
07-13-2008, 08:12 PM
My experience with F-Zero was only with the Gamecube version (forget the name). I really didn't like it to be honest. Actually, all futuristic racing games don't bond with me. Except Wipeout.

Ramza Beoulve
07-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I have played nearly all of them, except the game cube one. I like them, but I prefer Wipeout. Sorry.

XxSephirothxX
07-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Because Wip3out is superior. F-Zero GX was pretty awesome, though; it was also one of the hardest games I've ever played.

KentaRawr!
07-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I've played a bit of Wipeout, but I hated how slow one got if they touched the wall. I eventually got used to it and just stopped trying to get such sharp turns, but I prefer F-Zero. However, I've only played the PSP Wipeout.

The Unknown Guru
07-15-2008, 07:32 AM
I've only played X and the GBA one, but they are both great games. I seem to be a lot better at the GBA one. Unlocked all but the last car! :D

Northcrest
07-16-2008, 02:11 AM
I own GX and have played it I got to unlock the Diamond cup which was pretty exciting and I've played the demo of F-Zero X. otherwise the series is going sweetly. I've also read that in Nintendo Germany their is suppose to be a F-Zero Z being in creation.