PDA

View Full Version : You Know What I Wish Would Get A DS Port?

Queen Anthai
07-11-2008, 07:05 AM
The Kemco-Seika horror/mystery trilogy from the late-80's/early 90's, consisting of Shadowgate, Deja Vu and Uninvited. They were Icom games for the PC to begin with and were then adapted for the NES. Shadowgate and Deja Vu (along with Deja Vu II, which never made it to the NES) were eventually ported nicely to the Game Boy Color, but Uninvited got shafted altogether.

Being "point and click" games anyway, I can't see a better place for them than as a full quadrilogy on the DS. They're made for the stylus! Bottom screen can be the menu and the top could be the rooms, absolutely.

Emulators are nice and all, but man, I'd love to see what they could do with modern graphics on top of that gameplay.

Am I alone in this desire? Do you think it's worth A) finding out who owns the license to these games and B) writing them a letter to tell them they should approach Nintendo with this idea? If there are enough fans to show there's a market here, I bet we'd see it by 2012. :)

Shoeberto
07-11-2008, 07:12 AM
If LucasArts would do a collection cartridge, maybe like multi-volume thing with a few games on it from their old point and click days, they would have so many loving fans throwing money at them it wouldn't be funny. There's already ScummVM for DS, but native is always best, imo.

Roto13
07-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Deja Vu is one of my favourite NES games. I'd buy a remake of just that. I never could get my hands on a copy of the GBC version. :( I had to emulate it. Something felt weird about controlling a point-and-click game with the arrow keys. xP

(Also, I'm fairly certain they were Mac games first.)

JKTrix
07-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Not really news of a port, but I just read something recently...
Theresia DS may appeal to fans of Hotel Dusk, Shadowgate. Destructoid (http://www.destructoid.com/theresia-ds-may-appeal-to-fans-of-hotel-dusk-shadowgate-94233.phtml)

Also, Square-Enix's 'Nanashi no game (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFyk6Cl-gY)/game with no game' is a horror game for the DS too, though I don't think that's coming in English.

Queen Anthai
07-11-2008, 06:24 PM
(Also, I'm fairly certain they were Mac games first.)

I SWEAR I MEANT MAC.

I'm a bad historian. That, or just not that old. ;)

Dragonsoul
07-11-2008, 10:55 PM
I have roms for these games, I'm interested in them. Maybe I can beat them if they dont' take too long and don't take too much time away from my other rpg's. How many hours long is each game? :)

Queen Anthai
07-11-2008, 11:08 PM
I can, to this day, start to finish, beat a New File of Shadowgate in 19 minutes flat.

I timed it.

Deja Vu and Uninvited, once you know what to do, is good for killing a half hour.

To be fair, the first time I played Shadowgate when I was 9, it took me exactly two and a half weeks and one phone call to the Nintendo Power hotline. You kids and your easily-accessed internet with its WALKTHROUGHS. That wasn't toll-free, you hear me? *shakes fist, is only 28, is looked at kinda funny*

Dragonsoul
07-12-2008, 06:22 AM
I remember calling video game hotlines. I called a Square Enix tips hotline for Chrono Trigger, and pressed buttons to get into an area where they played the Time Circuits song from Zeal(10,000 B.C.), and listened to it! I wonder what the phone bill was that month?

Later I called for something about Final Fantasy VII. When did Gamefaqs type walkthroughs start to be created? There was internet in 1997, but were there walkthroughs on Gamefaqs?

Give me Shadowgate, Deja Vu, and Uninvited! :)

Roto13
07-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Maybe Deja Vu 2 was never released for the NES because you have the option of wandering around the entire game wearing nothing but a trench coat. xP

ljkkjlcm9
07-12-2008, 07:41 AM
I remember shadowgate.. still own my NES copy. That was a family fun time, we'd all sit around and try to figure it out.

And before gamefaqs... there was just gamewinners (I think). At least, that's where I went before gamefaqs, and they just had the short cheat codes listed. Eventually they had full faqs that they linked too. That was early N64 days.

THE JACKEL